Ventrillo/Teamspeak

A place for the Regal Executive Council to share and vote on confidential issues.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Mr.Avatar
Corporal
Ventrillo/Teamspeak

Post by Mr.Avatar » Wed May 04, 2011 11:06 am

Was wondering what you guys think of a guild Ts or vent server, i have used these in the past as it does help keep things organized in PvP and large difficult group quests, keeps from having to filter through all the chat windows,
Acknar/Prolevik

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Re: Ventrillo/Teamspeak

Post by Osar » Wed May 04, 2011 2:12 pm

It's good, but you have to find one person who would be willing to pay for the server use of either or. Personally, I like them, but at current I can't find a head set that will keep up with my computer. I have burned out like 4 or 5 sets so far.

Mr.Avatar
Corporal

Post by Mr.Avatar » Wed May 04, 2011 3:38 pm

Osar wrote:It's good, but you have to find one person who would be willing to pay for the server use of either or. Personally, I like them, but at current I can't find a head set that will keep up with my computer. I have burned out like 4 or 5 sets so far.

headsets are nice, but garbage most the time, I have found the mic on my webcam works nicely, and doesnt break because its mounted.
Acknar/Prolevik

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Wed May 04, 2011 7:36 pm

Well if I can find a mic I that will work I will do that, but you still need to find some one willing to pay for the server services. I would, but right now I can't because of other expenses. I do have the free software for vent already, I don't like Ts though. It might be good now, but the way it did work and the way certain guilds pushed for you to have it in order to join them a couple years back, yeah that was my turn off from ever going Ts.

Mr.Avatar
Corporal

Post by Mr.Avatar » Wed May 04, 2011 9:17 pm

Well i may have some spare RL creds floating about, I wont mind footing the bill, too bad the game down i could servey the active guild see who would actually use it. I dont like Guilds that make vent a primary thing, i understand why they do it, but mainly they want ya on there for raids. typing during thos can be life/death type deal.

But i would like to have voice, as it does make PvP easier, and i believe will help with heroics.
Acknar/Prolevik

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Thu May 05, 2011 12:01 am

Yeah, currently I have a 5 person room for vent, and....uh yeah that's gonna hurt with the -3 needed for heroics. We can always try to use the voice server that's in game. It sucks quite a bit, but it's a part of the service to the game now so essentially it's free to use.