Naming Policy - Hot or Not?

A place for the Regal Executive Council to share and vote on confidential issues.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Arev
Colonel
Naming Policy - Hot or Not?

Post by Arev » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:26 am

I am aware that not everyone in your guild is a roleplayer, and that's cool. To each his own. But when the very first person I ever get to see with the EE tag is being named Soapsponge Enema (or something like that), it makes me wonder. There is not being a roleplayer and there is being plain silly.

I found this on SSG from EE's thread. EE, like RID, is a mixed PA, with RPers and non-RPers. What are your thoughts on implementing a universal naming policy? It should be broad, to be not be restrictive, but still prevent potential trouble-makers.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Re: Naming Policy - Hot or Not?

Post by Osar » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:56 pm

I would have to agree to an extent. There should be some restriction on names like, Soapsponge Enema. Even though the name is not a vulgar name, it's still not a decent name. My suggestion would be if we had some one named Soapsponge Enema, would be for them to remove Enema from thier name. If they want a goofy name so be it, but keep it decent.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Re: Naming Policy - Hot or Not?

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:38 pm

I have to agree that we need naming standards. Names don't necessarily need to always adhere to roleplay standards, but like Osar said, there should at least be standards to limit vulgar names. Having "Enema" in a name is definitely not very becoming for all of a guild whether you're a roleplayer or not. Someone named *just* Soapsponge probably wouldn't be fully well received within RP circles (unless there's some legitimate in-universe reason for that nickname), but at least that in itself isn't vulgar.

So I do agree, we should not allow vulgar names. As for silly names, that can be dealt with on a case by case basis depending on what type of involvement that members wants in RID.