The GAT Thread

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:51 pm

ugh, I'm in the same situation as you, clingy to the extreme. If you find a good way to get out, you let me know.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:39 pm

Good news everyone....I have free periods 1st and 4th period every day all year! I can sleep in!

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:04 pm

ummm whatever that meens...

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:06 pm

Kurke_Aumea wrote:lol

I just need a way to get away from the psycho girl I date. I swear, they all have mental disorders. Well, if you call clingy and overreacting mental disorders...

On that note, would any of you want her??? lol

Sorry to make the GAT all sober and stuff, but I just broke up with a girl just like that. You should do better than me though, I lied to my girl for a couple weeks because I couldn't seem to break up with her. And I really fucked the break up. I didn't want to talk to her, I didn't want to give her any chance to talk to me, so I waited until she went to this Christian camp and then I sent her a letter, hoping I could get out without ever having to see her or talk to her again. Well in the end, I ended up talking to her and it really wasn't worth it. You don't need an excuse to break up with someone. Show some respect for the time you spent together instead of being a fucking ass like me. Show some respect for her. Just tell her exactly how you feel, if you aren't quite sure you want to break up with her then force her hand by dangling a break up in front of her. If you are positive you want to break up then tell her how you feel, but don't stray make sure its clear that you are breaking up. Answer all of her questions, unless she is too distraught then leave and tell her if she can get herself together you will talk to her and answer her questions.

Thats all I have Kurke, I'm pretty sure I can safely say I've got the most experience with these things out of the people on the forums. Especially after starting my new policy of one month max for my girlfriends.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:09 pm

Say what you want about the double post, but this is a completely different topic and that last post was slightly sober, this has a different tone and wouldn't fit in with that.

I started school today(yea on a friday.) My AP teachers rock, they rock hard. Both are like stoner hippies. Talking about how they don't believe in doing work, and we should all have fun. They really overdid the college atmosphere when they put 45 people in a classroom that can only hold 30 lol.

Kalice- Master Architect

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:13 pm

excuses excuses...

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:29 pm

Apium wrote:

I just need a way to get away from the psycho girl I date. I swear, they all have mental disorders. Well, if you call clingy and overreacting mental disorders...

Sorry to make the GAT all sober and stuff, but I just broke up with a girl just like that. You should do better than me though, I lied to my girl for a couple weeks because I couldn't seem to break up with her. And I really fucked the break up. I didn't want to talk to her, I didn't want to give her any chance to talk to me, so I waited until she went to this Christian camp and then I sent her a letter, hoping I could get out without ever having to see her or talk to her again. Well in the end, I ended up talking to her and it really wasn't worth it. You don't need an excuse to break up with someone. Show some respect for the time you spent together instead of being a fucking ass like me. Show some respect for her. Just tell her exactly how you feel, if you aren't quite sure you want to break up with her then force her hand by dangling a break up in front of her. If you are positive you want to break up then tell her how you feel, but don't stray make sure its clear that you are breaking up. Answer all of her questions, unless she is too distraught then leave and tell her if she can get herself together you will talk to her and answer her questions.

Thats all I have Kurke, I'm pretty sure I can safely say I've got the most experience with these things out of the people on the forums. Especially after starting my new policy of one month max for my girlfriends.

I did that with my previous girlfriend. Of course, she was a little on the nuts side, so she felt my explanation of my feelings weren't good enough for her and she made it a point to call me 10 times a day (which I never answered). Eventually she just gave up. I'm glad she's gone. Yeah, sitting on the phone and breaking up with her (yes, I broke up with her over the phone. Is that a uber sin???) over like a two hour conversation sucked balls. I should have just said, "we're done" and hung up on her for good.

This one I'm just afraid to break up with. I'm not afraid for me, but for her. I'm afraid of what she'll do to herself if I break up with her. Apparently before we were dating she was highly depressed and "had nothing to live for" according to her. Yeah, thank you for telling me this after we started dating...

Then again, I think I am just trying to figure out how to get my class ring back from her. See, she is one of those girls who feels that to show how much they care they want to give you their class ring so you have to give yours back in return. Bah, I'm just to nice of a guy... Of course, she put out so maybe that had something to do with it...

And it really doesn't help that I have this nice, older girl waiting for me too...

And why can't I have hippy professors??? All of my profs are over-aged or have a stick up their ass.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:47 pm

2 of my teachers are 23!!!!!!!!

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:14 pm

Kurke_Aumea wrote:
Apium wrote:

I did that with my previous girlfriend. Of course, she was a little on the nuts side, so she felt my explanation of my feelings weren't good enough for her and she made it a point to call me 10 times a day (which I never answered). Eventually she just gave up. I'm glad she's gone. Yeah, sitting on the phone and breaking up with her (yes, I broke up with her over the phone. Is that a uber sin???) over like a two hour conversation sucked balls. I should have just said, "we're done" and hung up on her for good.

This one I'm just afraid to break up with. I'm not afraid for me, but for her. I'm afraid of what she'll do to herself if I break up with her. Apparently before we were dating she was highly depressed and "had nothing to live for" according to her. Yeah, thank you for telling me this after we started dating...

Then again, I think I am just trying to figure out how to get my class ring back from her. See, she is one of those girls who feels that to show how much they care they want to give you their class ring so you have to give yours back in return. Bah, I'm just to nice of a guy... Of course, she put out so maybe that had something to do with it...

And it really doesn't help that I have this nice, older girl waiting for me too...

And why can't I have hippy professors??? All of my profs are over-aged or have a stick up their ass.

Wow this exact same thing just happened to me, and I mean exact. I was afraid of killing her, and possibly literally, so I kept lying to keep her happy. I had given her a pretty expensive ring and she had my only jacket. The longer you wait the deeper you get and the harder it will become on her and you. In the end I let her keep all of my things because I had screwed up so bad. Amazingly she wasn't extremely depressed, she claims she will never get over me but she didn't go insane or anything.

Kalice- Master Architect

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:49 pm

I swear, the whole clingy thing is a trend with girls under 21. My past two girlfriends (well, one previous and my current one that I am trying to ditch) were both 19. Both of them were clingy as hell. Thankfully, the new girl I've been talking to is almost 25. Maybe dating an older woman will be a little different. At least she seems like she is normal and has her head screwed on straight.

Seriously, you know who I blame for making girls clingy? Asshole guys who want nothing but to get some tail. It's like as soon as a girl meets someone that isn't a total asshole and doesn't want just sex, they want to marry you on the spot! I mean, thanks for thinking I'm a nice guy, but don't think I'm the only nice guy in the world. I may be nice, but when our personalities clash, nice really doesn't mean much then.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:28 pm

Kurke_Aumea wrote:I swear, the whole clingy thing is a trend with girls under 21. My past two girlfriends (well, one previous and my current one that I am trying to ditch) were both 19. Both of them were clingy as hell. Thankfully, the new girl I've been talking to is almost 25. Maybe dating an older woman will be a little different. At least she seems like she is normal and has her head screwed on straight.

Seriously, you know who I blame for making girls clingy? Asshole guys who want nothing but to get some tail. It's like as soon as a girl meets someone that isn't a total asshole and doesn't want just sex, they want to marry you on the spot! I mean, thanks for thinking I'm a nice guy, but don't think I'm the only nice guy in the world. I may be nice, but when our personalities clash, nice really doesn't mean much then.

yea! I hadn't even thought of that, I'm gonna copy and paste that to my ex. I'm done with being nice anyways. All I want this year is a couple flings and a prom date.

Kalice- Master Architect

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:31 pm

Kurke_Aumea wrote:
Apium wrote:

What are the odds that we have three people on here doing the exact same thing? I am really scared she was going to hurt herself, I dangled a breakup infront of her before and then she cut herself and I got scared o.o I've learned something, don't date someone who has a fucked life. Just not cool. I really don't know how to leave her without her freaking out. Like hell, she freaked out once becauseI didn't see her for three whole days, i talked to her each day, but still, wtf?!

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:11 pm

I know the feeling Lev...

Of course, the sucky part is that I don't get a chance to find this shit out until after we start dating. And then they wonder why we want to break up with them... CAUSE YOU"RE FUCKED UP!!!

Wow...

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:17 pm

Actually I'm out, and I made it through alright. She reacted differently than I expected. She was just as heartbroken as I thought she would be, but she expressed her emotions differently than I thought she would have.

Kalice- Master Architect

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:08 pm

Kurke, if you find a good way to do it, you let me know.

Need to work up the balls to do the direct thing Apium did.