Cell wants to thank you

A place for forum users to meet and greet the members of RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:35 pm

Myzia wrote:This reply may be a little late, but I just wanted to say something in regards to Cell's "roleplaying".

I come from a roleplaying guild, the honored maidens. We take roleplaying very seriously and rarely speak to one another out of character, or make any kind of personal RL remarks.

Cell says his betrayal etc. is his way of roleplaying. I take issue with that. In THM, let's say one of the leaders wanted to take their character in a new direction and betray the guild as part of their storyline.

Rather than just doing it and letting the guild suffer due to their actions, a responsbile RPer would talk to one or two other leaders OOCly and say something like ((as part of my storyline, I want my character to go berserk and betray the guild and make a grand exit with guns flaring. How can we make this happen?))

Then, as a group, they would discuss a storyline and enact it in such a way that everyone in the guild is aware that it is a roleplaying event (even if the details are left as a surprise to most of the guild). That way, the roleplaying is less of a selfish act by one person, but an event that everyone can enjoy.

And, more importantly, no bridges are burned and there are no hard feelings or personal attacks - because everyone knows it's part of the "plot".

So, basically, I don't buy the explanation that you can betray other people and try to destroy a guild and then come back later saying it was "roleplaying". It's a selfish act, and that's not what true roleplaying is about.

Just my 2 credits.

Exactly. I like how you think :)

bizob

Post by bizob » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:28 pm

well put Myzia

Xan

Post by Xan » Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:12 pm

yes, myzia said what i was thinking just earlier today practically. Like i said in my earlier post, roleplaying has its boundaries ect ect.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:15 pm

I agree, one thing that pains me from time to time is RP is used as a scapegoat to cover up inexcusable actions. I have had people personally speak to me via tells, saying that they use RP as an excuse to avoid CSR intervention. I'm not saying what you did goes against any rules, but such responsibility needs to be taken to be considered RP. RP has it's bounderies, like Xan said.

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:30 am

It does have it boundries. Look I am a MBH and trust me I love to kill every Jedi I see but I refuse to hunt Dark Jedi for the reason being of the guild. If it was up to me I Roleplay my BH to hunt any bounty he could collect but I enjoy being Imperial too :)

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:51 pm

Jeder ist gegen roleplaying Mittelcharade der Cell!

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:56 pm

telemchus wrote:Jeder ist gegen roleplaying Mittelcharade der Cell!

What?

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Xan

Post by Xan » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:16 pm

he is speakign german so he can feel special and get attention. Btw lexx i think we should lock this thread.

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:05 pm

i used google translater again lol i can only speak english and some spanish

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:25 pm

Oh yeah, locked