RID Anniversary Gala Event

Read and post about events occuring in RID

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

bizob
RID Anniversary Gala Event

Post by bizob » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:16 pm

RID is 1 year old!!
To celebrate this momentus occasion we will be hosting our first Anniversary Gala Event on Friday December 10th at 7pm EST in the beautiful city of Fort Oasis, Tatooine.

The party we have in mind is a BIG one. after all this is a big deal - not every guild can survive for a year (some dont last a month). we are gonna need everyones help for this one. all members of RID are expected to participate in this event in any way they can. the more RID members that show up the better it makes us look, thus attracting good skilled and maybe wealthy new recruits hehe. consider attendance mandatory - that is if ur playing SWG on starsider at the time of the event - u better be there! 8=)

we have a TON of fun stuff planned for this party including a fireworks display(a must have for any event), a duelling tournament, raffles and the ever popular SWG Jeapordy Game! the first raffle will determine the jeapordy contestants, a second raffle will be held for some smaller prizes. we need donations for prizes, if you have an item that u think would be cool to win or some credits to help me buy some cool prizes please let me know as soon as possible. timit may also need help with prizes for the duelling tournament.

Here's a list of who's in charge of what for the party:
Event Cooridinator: Bizob
Fireworks Display: Zrinity
Advertising and Invitations: Lexx
Duelling Tournament: Timit
Jeapordy Game: Bizob/Kurke
Raffles: Kurke

I ask each of the above people to please post here what you need help with so members can contact you to offer thier assistance.
I ask all other RID members to please help us make this the best event startsider (and SWG) has ever seen. this party will be unbelievable if we all help out. we are not looking for an all nite event (people get bored quickly) but rather a fun filled hour to an hour and a half.

Here is a tentative schedule of events (please note this may change)
(all time EST)
7:00pm - Meet and Greet. we welcome our guests and make friendly also explain the jeapordy game and rafle. this will be held in the cantina.
7:15pm - stop selling raffle tickets for jeapordy game
7:20pm - Jeapordy raffle to determine contestants, cityhall. also reopen vendors for raffle tickets.
7:30pm - Jeapordy Game to be held in city hall.
*not sure how long jeapordy will take*
8:00pm - Raffle for prizes, cantina.
8:15pm - Fireworks Display, outside cantina (hope its dark outside hehe)
8:30pm - Duelling Tournament, outside

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:34 pm

I should be able to get Jeopardy together by then...

That is the last day in Finals Week for me. So it will be a hectic week, but I think I can get everything done.

I can use a few donations of sorts from fellow guild members. Since we are upping the prize amounts and I can't rename armor repair tools, I have to make new game pieces. That means I will need some Steel. 1k units should do it. If it takes more, I can probably scrounge up the rest.

I also need a good web site to get some good SW and SWG trivia from. The last time we held this I got all of the questions off of theforce.net and I used up all the good questions from there. So, if anyone knows some good sites for good triva, let me know.

Thanks everyone!!!

Idfig

Post by Idfig » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:38 am

Kurke i can help you with the armor repair tools. jsut mail me in game what you want them to say on them.

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:04 am

Sorry Biz, I won't be able to do the firework display since the date of the party has changed. Dec. 10th is my birthday and I already have RL plans for that night. If anyone else can take over, please post, so Biz will know. I'll also send an in-game email when I get back on next.

Also, Kewan has told me in-game he can supply fireworks, also he said he's had no problems with the firework display ones. Briann and Dragon have also volunteered to help launch the fireworks, Kewan also volunteered if we need more help. This was stated to me when we were thinking the party would be around the 3rd or 4th of December, so we'll have to let them know about new date and see if they are still available.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:56 pm

Darn, Zrinity's birthday is relatively the same to our guilds birthday :P
I suppose I could do fireworks too. At least untill somone else wants to sign up. I am gonna be posting this info on the Starsider Forums.

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:34 pm

Hell, I'll help out. This is a big deal, and since I like to think I contributed slightly to the creation of this guild (I destroyed an Imperial base near Anchorhead that made Lexx lose one of the few things he enjoyed in the game and the guild that he almost joined somewhat dissolved, so he had to make his own.). I'll be there!

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:54 pm

Lol, thanks for your actions Oraf :lol:

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:59 pm

I made a post on the Starsider forums. Its being drowned by other posts, and I need everyone here to give it a boost over there ;)

bizob

Post by bizob » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:32 pm

oh no zrinity cant make it. that is a big bummer, but i totaly understand. maybe we could change it to saturday??(or is it too late at this point).

LexxYovel wrote:I made a post on the Starsider forums. Its being drowned by other posts, and I need everyone here to give it a boost over there ;)

yes everyone plz bump bump bump 8=)
lexx, how bout a link here so we can find it easily.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:22 pm

Oh of course. And in case your wondering how I am typing while I am away from home for a day, I have quick internet access. Un momento and I will put a link.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:24 pm

bizob

Post by bizob » Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:03 pm

LexxYovel wrote:http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=Starsider&message.id=367124

There it is ;)

OK Now EVERYBODY...
... BUMP BUMP BUMP

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:07 pm

I would post, but the swg website never lets me log in :cry:

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:07 am

Just a question...and yes your allowed to laugh at me if a dumb question...but what is the purpose of "bump"? just to add more post?

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:18 am

Perfectly good question, no reason to laugh at you for it. On a forum with so many posts, it can get drowned out rather quickly. Bumping it brings it back to the top of the thread listings.