Regarding 'Jonothan'

A place for the Regal Executive Council to share and vote on confidential issues.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor
Regarding 'Jonothan'

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:10 pm

When I randomly strolled through Bestine, I encountered a level 5 Imperial asking for help on a space mission.

Right away he asked for membership in RID. I was a little skeptical, but since we currently have our 30 day trial system, I'd figure there'd be no harm in recruiting him. So after the mission I brought him in RID.

He's still an actual SWG trial account, however. He also seems quite young, evidenced by the way he writes.

These aren't neccesarily disqualifying characteristics in itself, but I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that he probably wont be kept in RID after the 30 day guild trial expires, if not earlier.

Apparently his dad won't let him get a full subscription, so he's actually been making new trial accounts for the past 3 years. So basically he keeps starting from scratch as a new character.

Sort of a waste of resources, and I wouldn't be willing to keep bringing him into RID after he keeps making a new character (though I doubt he'd want to rejoin, he seems to have been a member of at least 2 separate guilds in the past).

Just a heads up that this trial account probably won't make the cut... though he does seem to have taken a shining for Aleemah. I'd bet he'd cast her vote for her :lol:

Anyways, speaking of the Admiral vote, we may begin that tomorrow, and have it end on the day of our guild meeting next Sunday. So far Issozzin, Aleemah, and Carthagekin are the 3 contenders.

Xoseh
Major

Re: Regarding 'Jonothan'

Post by Xoseh » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:25 pm

It will be an interesting vote, that's for sure.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:36 pm

Yeah it will be, hope the kid is not a pest like a few I have met before.

Xoseh
Major

Post by Xoseh » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:15 pm

Indeed, hopefully he will not be. I have yet to meet him.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:37 am

Same here, I got to mad and fustrated to stay in game because there is no bb and the rebels killed my only hope by killing the general in Bestine.

Xoseh
Major

Post by Xoseh » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:12 am

The rebels have Bestine? I don't log in for a day and the rebels capture Bestine? This must change!

My friends.. tonight we march on Bestine!

(Unless someone already did it)

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:33 am

A march on Bestine sounds fun >:)

Of course if it's already reclaimed, a defense would do just as well.

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:58 am

No no, inorder to change Bestine from Imperial to rebel they would have to keep winning until they had 51% and we have 49% control. I doubt that they did that last night, but I was counting on that extra 1k gcw points from our winning. I really hate this, because it's so hard to do it with the 6 toons I made and the 2 my last ex made.

Anyways, about 'Jonothan', I say that Lexx should send Aleemah a mail stating that she can come to one of us to deal with him if he gives her grief. From what you said, if he is young and he takes a liking to a female, that is usually a bad recipe for disaster. I have seen it before, not here in RID, but in one of my other earlier guilds. And speaking of that, in a thread posted by one of the earlier council members, according to them a similar RP situation happened like that already.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:58 pm

Oh definitely, such things like that are a recipe for disaster, and have been known to happen.

Though I suppose I should rephrase. When I meant "take a liking," I didn't quite mean he seemed in any way infatuated with her. Only that he seemed interested in seeing her shop. Aleemah simply took the opportunity to teach him some things about space, which led me to believe that he would more appreciate casting his vote for her.

Though that's not to say that he will not end up being like a pest. So definitely if he is to cause anyone annoyance, including Aleemah, they should notify us right away.

And you're right about Bestine. That was always something that confused me about invasions. So actually winning an invasion doesn't mean you control that city, but securing the region does?

Osar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Osar » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:55 pm

Ok, I misunderstood what you said about Jonothan, but yeah if it looks like he will be a pest most likely it will be with her.

And it's safe to say if he is in our guild and not back with the other guilds he left, then it's more than likely that he will be a huge pest in ours IMO.

As for Bestine, winning the invasion adds 1% per win. So if we win it goes from 70% to 71%, if we lose it goes from 70% to 69% for us. Makes sense now?
Best way to say it is the winning side gains a 1% control status for the Bestine region. Winning the invasion = securing the region 1% a win.