It's a Small World

A place for the Regal Executive Council to share and vote on confidential issues.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Arev
Colonel
It's a Small World

Post by Arev » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:53 pm

This is kind of a long story, so bear with me.

First, any of you remember Sihivus? She is a friend of mine that joined RID back in February, left in March to help a friend get a PA started, was planning on returning but after the March events decided to stay out. Well, she was in RUIN (Sith RP PA, mostly Imperial). She left because of all the drama.

Now, RUIN was founded by Peu (alts-Ats'e and Tasyi, former RID). Rogrymi' had a relationship with Peu. He left the game (as we know) without telling Peu, returning and became upset that she moved on. Since then, the two don't want anything to do with each other.* (They will drop group if you invite one while the other is there.)

When I interviewed Vitiosus and Alcyone yesterday, the first question I asked them was what is their current relationship with RUIN (left on good terms or not) and would they mind grouping with other RUIN members in the future. They didn't have a problem with it, except for Jrax. (I would assume there is some tension between his "brothers"** as well, so to be safe, I would include Yucah and E'ra in there as well. Neither of these women have a problem with Peu.

Py'thia lives in the same house as Peu. So, even though I don't think she was a member of RUIN, she has a sister-in-law in RUIN (not sure if she was referring to Peu or someone else). She warned me to keep an eye on Vitiosus and Alcyone, especially the latter as she was married to Jrax. When I brought up that subject with Alcyone, she stated that she was only married to him for a brief time as his ex-wife left the game and returned. When the ex returned, Jrax left Alcyone. Unfortunately, the ex left the game again, and Jrax wanted Alcyone back. She moved on, and I would assume that Jrax attempted to get some sort of drama-revenge, which she didn't like. There were other things as well.

Long story short, the drama caused in RUIN is because a blurring of IC/OOC relations. So, while RID isn't an RP PA, some of the drama may carry over. I assured the three women that everything will be fine, and if drama starts, Lexx will know how to deal with it, as he has for the past nearly six years.

Thanks. It's a lot to take in, but it gives you something to think about. But, as told Py'thia, it's nothing to be concerned with right now.

*The other day we were running ISD and Rog says to me, "I think one of these guys is Peu." I thought he was just being paranoid. So, it's possible that he's trying to keep Zyara as a 'secret alt' as a means of getting back at Peu. But again, I'm not 100% sure that Zyara is his alt. What he told me implied that she was, but I could be wrong.

**Apparently, Jrax has lots of "brothers". He refers to other RUIN members has his brother, but it's unknown if they are biological relatives or not.

Edit: Minor grammatical errors.
Last edited by Arev on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:00 pm

This is a convuluted story lol :lol:

I'll have to digest this some further and figure out what I make of it.

Ramd
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ramd » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:36 pm

Jeez. I'll have to re-read that multiple times.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:33 am

As most of you know, Alcyone left RID. No idea why, unless she shared with Lexx. (At the time of this posting, Daiho and Ramd do not know the reason either.)

As I explained to Ramd and Daiho, this irritates me to no end, as this will inevitably cause a certain amount of drama of which I'm probably involved. The story goes like this: The other night Alcyone mentioned she was going to work on Musty missions. I asked if she could help me with the Beetle Cavern. She said she would, but she would wait for Illiaxe (as he asked her the night before). The night wore on, and I fell asleep at my computer, still logged in, no AFK tag up. I log in the next day, she says, "You're a butthead! Because of you, we didn't do the Beetle Cavern AT ALL!" Even after I explained the situation to her, she ignored me.

I'm starting to think Py'thia was on to something.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:05 pm

I talked to Peu moments ago and asked if she knew anything. She did, but did not want to share the details. All she said was that I was not mentioned, and that we should "just ask her, she's pretty cool--she'd tell you."

So, while that's a sigh of relief on my end, it means she either had a personality conflict with other members or RID just didn't suit her. I'm not going to assume which one it is, just that it's probably one or the other.

Ramd
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ramd » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:13 pm

Arev wrote:I talked to Peu moments ago and asked if she knew anything. She did, but did not want to share the details. All she said was that I was not mentioned, and that we should "just ask her, she's pretty cool--she'd tell you."

So, while that's a sigh of relief on my end, it means she either had a personality conflict with other members or RID just didn't suit her. I'm not going to assume which one it is, just that it's probably one or the other.

I'll check into it.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:14 pm

Just sent me another tell, "It's not as serious as you're making it." So, that's a double sigh of relief.

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Daiho » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:15 pm

Ramd wrote:
Arev wrote:I talked to Peu moments ago and asked if she knew anything. She did, but did not want to share the details. All she said was that I was not mentioned, and that we should "just ask her, she's pretty cool--she'd tell you."

I'll check into it.

Thanks Ramd

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:40 pm

Rushton told me his side of the story:

Ramd
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ramd » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:49 pm

I'll talk to Alcyone when she logs on, but it looks pretty straightforward.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:51 pm

Because Daiho can't read. :D

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Daiho » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:12 pm

I don't understand the drama and what is does with RID?

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:24 pm

Drama and RID are opposites and opposite attract. Simple science. ;)

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:04 pm

This is news to me.

Well try to figure out as much as possible without escalating anything in guild chat or whatever.

As far as I can tell, I don't think we have to worry too much.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:20 pm

Yep, yep. Ramd offered to talk to Alcyone next time she's on.

We've been telling people, if anyone asked, that the situation is being looked into, or something along those lines.