Sunday Patrols

A place for the Regal Executive Council to share and vote on confidential issues.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Ramd
Staff Sergeant
Sunday Patrols

Post by Ramd » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:42 pm

Last Sunday's patrol was great, but suffered a bit from a lack of profession diversity. My concern is the lack of support professions in the guild. Lexx, I already spoke to you about this, just wanted to post it here so the other Council Members could see it.

Maybe it's something to bring up at the PA meeting being scheduled?

Btw, I've been attempting through covert means to make the patrols more "Impy," as in faction armor. I haven't really brought the issue up, just bought some people faction hats and encouraged st armor. Good idea, bad idea?

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:41 pm

I agree completely. The cheapest non-Primus Stormtrooper armor is right outside Fort Keen (700m SW of the Shuttleport) at GemCORP. You can get an entire set for 750k. I bought two in case folks needed it for RP.

Also, the two most actively played professions are Commando and Jedi, which are the two most played professions in SWG. And no offense to Auren, Ramd, and Daiho, they are the easiest professions to play. Support/CC professions like Officer, Medic, and Smuggler are harder. I wouldn't mind offering incentives to respec though.

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Daiho » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:15 pm

Arev wrote:I agree completely. The cheapest non-Primus Stormtrooper armor is right outside Fort Keen (700m SW of the Shuttleport) at GemCORP. You can get an entire set for 750k. I bought two in case folks needed it for RP.

Also, the two most actively played professions are Commando and Jedi, which are the two most played professions in SWG. And no offense to Auren, Ramd, and Daiho, they are the easiest professions to play. Support/CC professions like Officer, Medic, and Smuggler are harder. I wouldn't mind offering incentives to respec though.

Look Arev, if you have something to say to me, come to me! I'm a jedi since I started playing this game. I was a Doctor and was following my jedi path and unlocked it Pre-CU. I'm an Elder jedi and if I'm not desired as jedi I'll just find a group that will accept me. I won't respec just to keep you happy. By the way, I have also a BH and a Commando.

If you need a medic, just roll one!

*EDIT I won't EVER respec Daiho just to keep you happy.

Ramd
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ramd » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:22 pm

Daiho wrote:
Arev wrote:I agree completely. The cheapest non-Primus Stormtrooper armor is right outside Fort Keen (700m SW of the Shuttleport) at GemCORP. You can get an entire set for 750k. I bought two in case folks needed it for RP.

Look Arev, if you have something to say to me, come to me! I'm a jedi since I started playing this game. I was a Doctor and was following my jedi path and unlocked it Pre-CU. I'm an Elder jedi and if I'm not desired as jedi I'll just find a group that will accept me. I won't respec just to keep you happy. By the way, I have also a BH and a Commando.

I'm sure Arev didn't mean that you didn't earn the right to play as a jedi Daiho, he was just saying that the guild does not have enough support profs, which I agree with. I've considered respecing, but I don't have the cash.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:07 pm

Daiho wrote:

Relax. It wasn't pointed at you at all. I was highlighting the reason why RID has so many Commandos and Jedi, because they're the easiest professions to play. And my "no offense" was to merely say, it's nothing about you, Ramd, or Auren. In other words, I was being nice.

As for my "incentives" comment, that wasn't about me personally, but about the PA as a whole. Since we have so many Commandos and Jedi, and few Officers and (active) Medics, perhaps we should consider offering members incentives to respec.

Please re-read my comments in the context of the thread.

Edit: Re-reading my own comments, I have no idea how you could possibly have interrupted that as a personal attack.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:36 pm

Okay lets take it easy :D

In all fairness Daiho I don't think Arev meant to offend you, unless his comment was a well-guised passive-aggressive remark (which I don't think it was).

You've definitely earned your right to play as a Jedi in SWG, and worked hard to get to the point where you are now. With that said, every other Jedi (and Commando for that matter) has earned the right to play whatever profession they want. It's their money, and their entertainment.

Still, there is a very valid concern that we really do lack a variety of other professions. Really, Commandos and Jedi due make up the bulk of our memberbase. It would be sweet to have more Smugglers, Officers, Spies and Medics... I think we're doing okay on Bounty Hunters (we've been recruiting some more).

Anyways, we should definitely seek out more support professions for our guild, and uniformity for the Sunday events would be nice.

Anyways, I'm gonna also arrange a relaxing vacation between the two of you guys (Arev and Daiho) :P

Actually though, it would be pretty cool to have an in-game Executive Council meeting some time.

Ramd
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ramd » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:55 am

LexxYovel wrote:Okay lets take it easy :D

In all fairness Daiho I don't think Arev meant to offend you, unless his comment was a well-guised passive-aggressive remark (which I don't think it was).

You've definitely earned your right to play as a Jedi in SWG, and worked hard to get to the point where you are now. With that said, every other Jedi (and Commando for that matter) has earned the right to play whatever profession they want. It's their money, and their entertainment.

Still, there is a very valid concern that we really do lack a variety of other professions. Really, Commandos and Jedi due make up the bulk of our memberbase. It would be sweet to have more Smugglers, Officers, Spies and Medics... I think we're doing okay on Bounty Hunters (we've been recruiting some more).

Anyways, we should definitely seek out more support professions for our guild, and uniformity for the Sunday events would be nice.

Anyways, I'm gonna also arrange a relaxing vacation between the two of you guys (Arev and Daiho) :P

Actually though, it would be pretty cool to have an in-game Executive Council meeting some time.

Well said Lexx. The only reason I'm a commando is because I got so sick of the point and click NGE crap (this was before auto-aim was restored), so I said "Screw it, heavy weapons AOE is the only way I'll be able to hit anyone." I was an officer up to that point. I got used to the prof and stuck with it. I've actually been considering a respec for some time now, given the lack of good medics and other support profs on the server, but I don't have the money.

An executive council meeting sounds great. I'll be able to brief all of you about all the schemes I'm currently concocting :)

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Daiho » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:36 am

The problem isn't in our guild. Do a search. You'll find 10 jedis for 1 medic, 10 jedis for 0.5 spy etc.

I don't support the idea to ask people to respec to another profession since, like Lexx said, it's their money and their entertainment.

Plus, this player will have to re-gear his toon, re-buy a +35 suit etc.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:53 am

Daiho wrote:I don't support the idea to ask people to respec to another profession since, like Lexx said, it's their money and their entertainment.

Again, when did I say this?

I asked maybe we should consider offering incentives. In other words, if someone is willing to respec, we dip into the Treasury and help fund them, or something similar.

And I already highlighted the number of Jedi/Commandos to everyone else, but you took that as a personal attack, remember?

Ramd
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ramd » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:19 pm

Arev wrote:
Daiho wrote:I don't support the idea to ask people to respec to another profession since, like Lexx said, it's their money and their entertainment.

I asked maybe we should consider offering incentives. In other words, if someone is willing to respec, we dip into the Treasury and help fund them, or something similar.

And I already highlighted the number of Jedi/Commandos to everyone else, but you took that as a personal attack, remember?

I'd be in favor of an incentives program. To add more proof, I logged in today, 10 people on. All jedi/commando but one officer.

auren
Warrant Officer II

Post by auren » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:03 pm

Ramd wrote:
Arev wrote:

I'd be in favor of an incentives program. To add more proof, I logged in today, 10 people on. All jedi/commando but one officer.

my alts medic if you need her i will log her on for you anytime if you tell me in advance
Has seen lexx's sabre and it was glowing pink............again