Status on Neutrals?

A place for the Regal Executive Council to share and vote on confidential issues.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Arev
Colonel
Status on Neutrals?

Post by Arev » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:47 am

I'm curious to know the Council's opinion on allowing Neutrals into RID. In past, it's been pure Imperial--no purple, no entry. However, with Decra and Raxi (had a Rebel alt, but I requested he drop Rebel, so his alt is Rebel now), we're having Neutrals who have/were loyal Imperials want to be (re)admitted into RID.

How do you feel about this? If you compare us to our peers, SR and SIN'R allows for Neutrals, but only Entertainers and Traders (as far as I know). One of the things holding us back from open admission (outside of Lexx's authitah) is our buff house access, which is dependent on having Imperial combatants.

My recommendation is to allow for Neutral Entertainers and Traders, but all Combatants must be Imperial.

Thoughts?

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:12 pm

I think we should not make a habit of actively seeking out neutrals, however there are generally two exceptions:

1.) The person is an entertainer or trader
2.) The person is an alt of an Imperial RID member

As for Rebels, I think we should stick by our "no-way" policy in that regard, even if they are alts.

One of our most recent recruits (Kerberos') selected our guild because we don't allow even Rebel alts. It would look bad to him, and probably other new members if we turned our back on our policy.

I don't really have qualms with neutrals though.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:02 pm

Oh yeah, no Rebels at all, period.

To clarify, Entertainer or Trader alts of RID members are permitted to be neutral, correct? Can new members (who are Entertainers or Traders) be Neutral and still join?

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:05 pm

I would say yes. While I would prefer them to be Imperial, it's not like they'll be actively involved in PvP or other combat events (aside from maybe space). So I wouldn't see much harm in recruiting those non-combat people bent on staying neutral.

Daiho
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Daiho » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:04 pm

For my part, only Daiho is Imperial, all others (4 toons) are neutral. Piffe, my bounty hunter is neutral because I used to be RPing with him and a BH is neutral, in my head. If I wanna get more "jobs" I can't choose a side. I choose the side who gives more credits.

For my traders, well I don't see necessary to get then in the Empire because they are usually active only in a player city.

I think the main toon MUST be imperial but if the palyer got alt they can be NEUTRAL and like I said in the post regarding Decra, I'm totally against any REBELS in this guild. We're not IMPHL rofl!!!!

It's Regal Imperial Defenders not Regal Imperial Divided lol

Ramd
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ramd » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:03 pm

If they're a neutral ent or trader I have no issues. Neutral main combat toons are iffy.

auren
Warrant Officer II

Post by auren » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:05 pm

wont there be problems if we let in a entertainer and then they go with their expertise into a combat entertainer ? Also wont buff entertainers have a advantage over combat ents if we allow just buff ents in the guild i dont mind but others might ?
Has seen lexx's sabre and it was glowing pink............again

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:28 pm

I don't quite understand what you mean. What advantage are you referring to? If anything, having neutral Entertainers in RID in public areas (cantinas, events) allows for super secret intelligence on how Rebels are buffing. (Of course, real Rebel PvPers would be using buff houses and their own PA Entertainers, but every little bit helps.) I know I do this on my Rebel BH. I run battlefields with him, gather up who's what profession, hop over on Arev, and the Imperials now have an edge. It might not be huge, but every little bit helps.

auren
Warrant Officer II

Post by auren » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:57 am

Arev wrote:I don't quite understand what you mean. What advantage are you referring to? If anything, having neutral Entertainers in RID in public areas (cantinas, events) allows for super secret intelligence on how Rebels are buffing. (Of course, real Rebel PvPers would be using buff houses and their own PA Entertainers, but every little bit helps.) I know I do this on my Rebel BH. I run battlefields with him, gather up who's what profession, hop over on Arev, and the Imperials now have an edge. It might not be huge, but every little bit helps.

ok erm let me word this right

im a buff entertainer and i apply to join rid , rid lets me join because im a buff entertainer who is neutral i dont pose a threat to anyone so that is fine im allowed to join.

Im a neutral combat entertainer , i apply to join rid but im not allowed to join rid because i could be a threat to certain players in certain places that a lesser combat orientated entertainer is. This is one rule for one another rule for another.

It becomes more complicated when you also look at other areas in the guild that are linked to recruitment. I know this is dragging up another problem or issue but decra left to gain badges as such he isnt allowed in rid ( i do appreciate why this is ) .

All i am saying is that the guild should have a set of rules drawn up that the council all decide on. This way people know why the guild wont let people join as rebel or as a combat ent or combat trader. I know im being awkward or obstructive a little but the guild joining rules seem very easy to get into the guild.

I think members leaving recently sets a bad example to others in the guild. Im genuinely sorry myself for being selfish last night not coming to the meeting but i really wanted to finished my characters jewellery. I did try to group with rid members ramd and rushton and a few others to kill rebel npcs after the missed meeting and get involved as much as i could with the time i had left to play . I think we should all get involved more. I think ramd has a been a breath of fresh air to the guild he has great ideas to pull members together.

I think rid needs to let new members know why the rules are the way they are and i think rid needs to run some more heroics and events like ramd seems to do. I love getting together and if i know rid is going to go on heroics or pvp i will refuse all invites to go on them from other people. Right now i accept invites from anyone to just go and have some fun in game while im online and logged into star wars galaxies. I feel selfish but i would love to get into some guild heroics with regular people i know rather than strangers who argue with each other that i dont know that well.
Has seen lexx's sabre and it was glowing pink............again

Ramd
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ramd » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:11 pm

auren wrote:
Arev wrote:I don't quite understand what you mean. What advantage are you referring to? If anything, having neutral Entertainers in RID in public areas (cantinas, events) allows for super secret intelligence on how Rebels are buffing. (Of course, real Rebel PvPers would be using buff houses and their own PA Entertainers, but every little bit helps.) I know I do this on my Rebel BH. I run battlefields with him, gather up who's what profession, hop over on Arev, and the Imperials now have an edge. It might not be huge, but every little bit helps.

ok erm let me word this right

im a buff entertainer and i apply to join rid , rid lets me join because im a buff entertainer who is neutral i dont pose a threat to anyone so that is fine im allowed to join.

Im a neutral combat entertainer , i apply to join rid but im not allowed to join rid because i could be a threat to certain players in certain places that a lesser combat orientated entertainer is. This is one rule for one another rule for another.

It becomes more complicated when you also look at other areas in the guild that are linked to recruitment. I know this is dragging up another problem or issue but decra left to gain badges as such he isnt allowed in rid ( i do appreciate why this is ) .

All i am saying is that the guild should have a set of rules drawn up that the council all decide on. This way people know why the guild wont let people join as rebel or as a combat ent or combat trader. I know im being awkward or obstructive a little but the guild joining rules seem very easy to get into the guild.

I think members leaving recently sets a bad example to others in the guild. Im genuinely sorry myself for being selfish last night not coming to the meeting but i really wanted to finished my characters jewellery. I did try to group with rid members ramd and rushton and a few others to kill rebel npcs after the missed meeting and get involved as much as i could with the time i had left to play . I think we should all get involved more. I think ramd has a been a breath of fresh air to the guild he has great ideas to pull members together.

I think rid needs to let new members know why the rules are the way they are and i think rid needs to run some more heroics and events like ramd seems to do. I love getting together and if i know rid is going to go on heroics or pvp i will refuse all invites to go on them from other people. Right now i accept invites from anyone to just go and have some fun in game while im online and logged into star wars galaxies. I feel selfish but i would love to get into some guild heroics with regular people i know rather than strangers who argue with each other that i dont know that well.

We all understood why you couldn't come to the meeting, its perfectly ok.

I think we need to sit down and have some more guild meetings, though especially since the new members don't fully know/understand all the rules.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:22 pm

Yeah don't worry about not making it to the meeting. It's just nice to see ya back in-game again :P

I definitely want to hold more of these guild meetings, or at least Council meetings on a regular basis. Though not too often, so that we run out of things to say :lol:

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:12 pm

Ok, thanks Auren. Now I getcha. You also touched on larger issue of why people leave RID. That's a thread until itself.

Lexx, in terms of meetings, I would recommend more PA meetings than Council meetings. The Council can deliberate here to discuss important issues. PA meetings are good for inclusiveness and planning one event that everyone can participate in. Not to mention, they are fun.