Guild-Wide Meeting

Read and post about events occuring in RID

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel
Guild-Wide Meeting

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:29 pm

I think it has been a long time since we last had a guild-wide meeting and it is high time we had another one. We could probably due with just a command meeting where just the guild leaders meet, but I think we need for everyone in the guild to get together for once. We need to sort out squads and squad captains. We also need to conduct a follow-up on the city reorganization. RID has been recruiting many new people as of late and many of them need to be introduced to the command structure and the rules of the guild.

That and we all need to get together and see who is active and who isn't. We need to send out contact e-mails to those who have gone inactive to see if they will be returning anytime soon. There are a few people who are active on the forums but aren't in the game and vice versa. Both of those issues need addressed.

I propose having this meeting either this weekend or the following weekend. It will be hard to rally enough people to come if we have it this weekend. If we have it next weekend, we may have a better turn out.

Also, if we can't get a large turn out for the meeting, we really need to reevaluate our situation. It is one thing if someone can't make the meeting cause of RL commitments, but if people aren't showing up because of inactivity or chosing not to do so, we may be in a bind.

Let me know what you all think.

Xan

Post by Xan » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:53 am

Excellent Kurke, oh and btw wether we do it this weekend or next weekend, which i think your right that it probably would get a better turn otu if it was next weekend, then i suggest we do it on Saturday, i can't do Sundays anymore because of RL commitments hehe. But..whatever day is best for everyone. If we do have it on Sunday though i just want to let you know you will be one SLC short :D

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:24 pm

I personally like either Fridays or Saturdays myself.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:05 pm

Any Sunday would be good, not sure which one it should be. Maybe we can have two meetings just for kicks. One this Saturday and one the next.

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:33 pm

Um... next weekend might not be a good idea... a certain something coming out November 9 might just keep even me away next weekend.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:50 pm

I'm sure you can pry yourself away from Halo 2 for an hour or so to go to a guild meeting. Plus, if people are going to be playing other games instead of SWG, we need to know. If people are playing some other game and not SWG, then we need to adjust accordingly.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:52 pm

Plus, if we have it this weekend with such short notice, no one will show up. I can remember a few times where a guild-wide meeting was called and it was me and Lexx and that was it...

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:53 pm

A few friends and I are going to get together on Friday and leave... well, before Monday. There will be little to no sleep involved... I doubt I'll be able to take an hour break in other words, lol.