I'll be returning.. Soon.. Hopefully.

A place for members to discuss general information about RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Bovive
Colonel

Post by Bovive » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:30 pm

Arev wrote:I tried it out, and let me tell you, the rose-tinted glasses were very foggy. Some things were nice to have back, the skillsets, animations, slower combat, but that was it. A large percentage of that population is working towards Jedi...so, that's one thing SWG and Emu both have. There isn't the population over there. It's on private servers, so there's no guarantee of anything. And the list goes on.

After all was said and done, I realized that Emu was not the game I played four years ago, because that game, and this game, still has the same friends around. It's the people, the community, that make the game, not the mechanics. Frankly, Emu's community isn't that great. Most of those guys haven't even tried the current SWG. They have nothing good to say about it. Some even go so far as to call us, the paying customers, all sorts of names, because we're funding SWG.

This is SWG. Emu is merely an emulation of a broken, empty game. After much thought and game time, I decided to stay here. I urge you to do the same.

I agree totally with Arev on this one. I played it and was SO bored. How SOE even allows it to exist I have no idea, but that's another topic lol.

Sawyilartia

Post by Sawyilartia » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:45 pm

Haha.
Thats because the game..

Isn't finished Bovive.

RAWR

Wait until it finishes.

They are gonna implement new planets.. which is pretty AWESOME ;D

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:29 pm

by then, the old republic online will be out, and nobody will be interested in emu anymore.
Apathy is Death.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:33 pm

That's very highly doubtful. TOR will be linear, class-based, and (arguably) Jedi-centric. But, at least, SWG and TOR will have content, unlike Emu.

Bovive
Colonel

Post by Bovive » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:49 pm

Kind of have to agree with both of you, but I'm a believe it when I see it guy when it comes to game content and promises lol.

Sawyilartia

Post by Sawyilartia » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:25 pm

Okay.

Im starting a whole different thing

Someone disable topic?

Or delete it at least.

XD

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:34 pm

Locked at the request of Sawy. Just go ahead and make a new thread if you would like to add anything concerning your return, Sawy, or pm me and I will unlock this one.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith