Czerka Needs a New City

A place for members to discuss general information about RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Bovive
Colonel
Czerka Needs a New City

Post by Bovive » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:40 am

Arramen and I decided to move the Czerka Corporation from its barren location to a RID controlled city. We also decided to abandon or sell our Rori city of Fort Czerka and re-establish our residence there (About 21 citizens, a combination of our alts). Now is the time to do it with having to reactivate our accounts for a month in order to save and move our structures. So basically this is what we are looking at:

1) Prefer a shuttleport
2) Prefer Tatooine
3) Must be a planet that can take Tat Structures
4) Going to need some nearby land outside of city limits to drop our 10 or so large storage facilities
5) Will bring a diner to the city and establish residence there as well
6) Bringing 21 citizens for the town
7) Most likely will also randomly be dropping storyteller items in the city to keep it interesting and attract customers.
8) If the city has a lot of people on the ban list, that could create a problem for our customers.
9) Would like to make Czerka a large part of the city with contributions and some RP storyline (our customers seem to really enjoy it).

Any mayors looking for something like this?

Arev
Colonel

Re: Czerka Needs a New City

Post by Arev » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:05 am

Bovive wrote:1) Prefer a shuttleport
2) Prefer Tatooine
3) Must be a planet that can take Tat Structures
4) Going to need some nearby land outside of city limits to drop our 10 or so large storage facilities
5) Will bring a diner to the city and establish residence there as well
6) Bringing 21 citizens for the town
7) Most likely will also randomly be dropping storyteller items in the city to keep it interesting and attract customers.
8) If the city has a lot of people on the ban list, that could create a problem for our customers.
9) Would like to make Czerka a large part of the city with contributions and some RP storyline (our customers seem to really enjoy it).

Fort Keen can provide the bolded parts. I'd recommend selling the city. You would probably get 200 million easily.

Bovive
Colonel

Post by Bovive » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:13 am

Fort Keen is your city right Arev?

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:38 am

Aye, home of the Former Commercial and Intelligence Divisions.

If you decide to move to Fort Keen, let me know. I can help you move out of your old Tat buildings and into some Corellian or Generics.

Bovive
Colonel

Post by Bovive » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:46 am

That's cool. What kind of buildings can be moved to Fort Keen? We have some Rori buildings (Naboo?). The storage facilities are large Tat houses and I'm not going to kid you, they have a ton of stuff in them. Fortunately it is all in cabinets, but still there are at least 9 that would need moved.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:38 am

If you decide on Tatooine, pretty much any of the cities: Fort Oasis, Fort Sparta, Fort Legacy and Sarlaac City could accommodate you.

Fort Legacy is in need of citizens, though its layout is pretty ugly looking. It's under the control of Osar, a friend from another Imperial guild.

Also, keep in mind that if you want to place storyteller props, you'll need to be grant zoning rights each day. Another option would be to become a militia member, if the mayor permits it. Even then though, you wouldn't be able to grant zoning rights to yourself, only to someone else placing the props.

Also, selling the Rori city is probably the best option. You'd fetch a nice sum of money. I'd recommend selling it before March 3rd of course.

Fort Keen is also a great city. Though since it's a Talusian city, you'd need to change your housing styles to generic or Correllian style.

Bovive
Colonel

Post by Bovive » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:17 am

I know Rett runs Sarlaac City but I havn't seen him in FOREVER. Who runs Fort Sparta? Thanks for the info on setting storyteller props, that helps a lot. I am against moving to Fort Oasis simply because the surround real estate is taken and we cannot place our storage facilities anywhere nearby (I looked). Also yay for Lexx being awake lol.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:43 am

Yep, up early :P

Anyways yeah, I haven't seen Rett lately either, though maybe he still lurks these boards? I think he's upset because I haven't given him my Festive Gathering painting (okay, not really, but I'm sure he'd log in if I offered it to him lol).

Fort Sparta is ran by Darkachilles, who of course recently left to join AI. He says he'd be willing to still recruit RID's into the city though.

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:04 am

what about Fort Endeavor? did you destroy that city?
Apathy is Death.

Tenvik

Post by Tenvik » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:06 am

Well since you have Naboo/tat structures I would recomend Nar Shadda. The city is still growing, can accept both Naboo and tatooine Structures. It doesn't have a shuttle, but it is really close to a city that does have one, and I am sure Daiho would love the population increase since he has been trying to get the city up in rank.

Tenvik

Post by Tenvik » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:08 am

Well since you have Naboo/Tat structures I would recommend Nar Shadda. The city is still growing, and being on Dantooine can accept both Naboo and Tatooine Structures. It doesn't have a shuttle, but it is really close to a city that does have one, as well as rather close to the Mining outpost there just a bit north of it. And I am sure Daiho would love the population increase since he has been trying to get the city up in rank.

Bovive
Colonel

Post by Bovive » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:15 am

Mostly we have Tat structures. I am not willing to join Darkachilles city, IMO he burnt this bridge already. AI is growing too fast and will fall, I would rather move all my stuff to new structures and support a TRUE RID mayor. Just imo. Arramen has 50% of the vote too though so up to him as well.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:14 pm

Kioet wrote:what about Fort Endeavor? did you destroy that city?

Fort Endeavour is still around, and could welcome Czerka as well. I didn't list it, because it didn't have a shuttle, but I'm sure it'll increase in size after the housing purge. I've come across a number of Tatooine cities which will either fall completely or be demoted.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:31 pm

Yeah, like others mentioned, in order to fit into Fort Keen, you'd have to move into some Corellians or Generics. That can be a pain, but it'll be worth it in the end. The nice thing about Czerka moving into Keen is that this would (in theory) guarantee a Shuttleport in another city update, and almost Metropolis status (if all 21 moved in).

But I do agree with Bovive, RID members should be moving into RID cities. Really doesn't make much sense for RID members to move into non-RID cities when we manage so many.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:31 pm

Well, my personal preference in Nar Shadda. But hey, as the founder, I'm a little biased.

Go Nar Shadda!!!