Hoth Instances Tonight

Read and post about events occuring in RID

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Tenvik

Post by Tenvik » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:00 pm

Yeah it was really laggy in there, hopefully this patch they are having today will fix some of that but I am down to give it another go today.

Ysiermo
Staff Corporal

Post by Ysiermo » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:19 pm

I didnt seem to get as much lag as yall,when i lagged it was useally during the fights in the caves. which as a medic wasnt good.

I think having my jewelry set would help..

Tenvik

Post by Tenvik » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:39 pm

Well since the servers are still not up I was wondering what time do you guys want to get together for Hoth tonight, I am off so I am game for whenever.

PS: thanks for helping me out again last night Bovive with the Space stuff and sorry it was a bust I lagged out and since it was getting late i decided to call it a night. With that said I could really use some help out in space, I am finally almost a Ace I just have to complete the Mish in Dantooine which I believe I will need a lot of help with considering Bovive and I both got blasted to space dust then after that I need to kill the 30 Rebs in Kessel then finally I have to take out the Vette. Any help with this would be awesome considering I tryed soloing it about 5 time and then again got help but we still got blasted so I am thinking if possible I could use the help of about 3 pilots preferred Master or close to it. Ok enough rambling from me see you all in game.

Bovive
Colonel

Post by Bovive » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:59 pm

No prob. We will get Arramen to help with his AEG-77 and take out the gunships.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:21 pm

Tomorrow (Saturday) at 6:00 PM EST, I will be putting together another group.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:37 pm

Did instance today again. My lag was still bad, but somewhat bearable, especially after a soft-log.

We ended up getting 1 token out of 9 possible lol. At least there were some slayer collections we could do. Killing 15 malfunctioning probe droids gives you a nice probe droid holo. Killing a certain amount of tauntains or wampas gets an ice sculpture of the animal.

We tried the Wampa valley portion, killing the wampas till we got to Unkajo (the giant wampa boss). We did some damage but kind of fell apart when he spawned 4 smaller wampas. Probably need to have the group focus on the other ones when they spawn.

Overall, it went a *bit* more smoothly. Basically got to act fast to destroy crates of supplies and get hold of rooms.

I'm going to see if I can find a guide. The first phase, it's hard to save AT-AT's.

Bovive
Colonel

Post by Bovive » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:39 pm

It has been confirmed that the giant Wampa boss does drop Wampa DNA. I saw a screenie. Also he drops a tauntaun skull backpack. Or was it a wampa skull backpack? Well whatever.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:54 pm

LexxYovel wrote:Did instance today again. My lag was still bad, but somewhat bearable, especially after a soft-log.

yea, the lag is really bad. I had a blue screen of death at the very end of the run. I feel like the devs just tried to do too much with a game that is just too old.

BTW does armor freeze while in the instance? I saw little patches of snow and ice on my chitin armor. or maybe it was just a glitch.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:59 pm

I think the number of NPC's contributes to the lag. The Devs need to cut the number of NPC's by 50%, and make them twice as strong.

And yes, Unkajo, the large wampa, can drop DNA, but it's rare. At least people will get the chance to own a wampa though.

Indeed, I think the Devs kind of tried to do more than is possible with the current game engine. It is a decent instance, although probably took too long to make, to justify. But Hoth makes a good advertising point. Can tell prospective members, "fight in the battle of Hoth flying a snowspeeder or AT-ST." When I bought SWG five years ago, I saw the picture of AT-AT's shooting things on the box, and was hoping to pilot one in some battlefield. It's things like that which should of been introduced from the start.

The next step should be to introduce a totally revamped GCW with proper planetary control. I would not complain if they decided to make a PvP version of Hoth though.

Bovive
Colonel

Post by Bovive » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:25 pm

yah i never even had that kind of framerate problem with AOC on full settings.

Corvallon

Post by Corvallon » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:31 am

Great instance, but damn if it isn't frustrating. I don't have a lag issue but I couldn't clone last night for a bit. It takes a good portion of time to dispatch the NPCs so I'm wondering how can a group ever get 100%

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:51 am

Well, I read some guides, I think I have the general concept nailed down... though I'm not sure of the best strategy for the vehicle combat phase.

Apparently for the Command Center we need to detonate some bombs in the area.

Bovive
Colonel

Post by Bovive » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:24 am

Guides update on original post 11/27/08

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:58 am

Cool, and just a heads up... probably gonna get another group going tonight around 6:00 PM EST.

Bovive
Colonel

Post by Bovive » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:50 am

well it is about time damnit. I'm just gonna pick out ur armor lexx cause u are so slow.