Looking to purchase a new ship...

Do you need something? Have something to trade? Post it here and see if your fellow guild members can help you out!

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel
Looking to purchase a new ship...

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:27 am

I am looking for a ship, a fast ship with decent mass. I am currently piloting a TIE Aggressor and a TIE Advanced, but the Aggressor is too slow for me, and the TIE Advanced does not have enough mass to load on the good parts.

If the Royal Guard Interceptor has more mass than a standard, I would like some parts for it. I am wanting to get back into space and eliminate rebels, and get my ace pilot certification.

I have up to box 14 unlocked. (meaning i can pilot the ETA-2 Actis Interceptor, the Belabullab-22, TIE Advanced, TIE Aggressor, and Royal Guard Interceptor) I'm unsure how the "tiers" worked, so perhaps someone could explain that for me.

-Kioet' Csuhen
Apathy is Death.

Ysiermo
Staff Corporal

Post by Ysiermo » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:17 pm

I would say for right now the eta-2 or royal guard are the better choices for faster ships.
Of course i fly corsec(neutral) and havnt flown any imperial ships except on my alt who hasnt even gotten to normal tie fighter yet.

tier equipment work pretty much straight foward each part gets better with each tier but also cost more to use.

On smaller ships mass becomes an issue fast when trying to equip with good parts.

edit: Oh yeah eta-2 has 90k mass imperial guard has 80k but i think some people like the guard more over the eta-2

Erougn
Captain

Post by Erougn » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:22 pm

Yeah tier and equipment level are 2 things. Back when JTL came out the pilot skills were on a tree...there were 4 skills on each level (tier) and at the top was Ace. Equipment level indicates what level equipment you can use.

As far as a ship, either the eta-2 or the belubbab are a good bet. The JSF doesnt get a lot of respect in the pilot community, since its mass is way too high for its hitbox size. As a grinder tho, its excellent. You may also want to check out the Heavy Variant TIE fighter (you already have the certification to fly it). It is more nimble than the Royal Guard Interceptor and faster than the JSF or Bellubab. It also has more mass (95K) to work with than any of the others. I have all of these ships in stock, except for the JSF. If you pick one let me know and I'll get it out of mothballs for you.

I strongly suggest you check out the pilot FAQ;

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/post ... _id=248167

There is an excellent breakdown of each ships inherent stats and detailed explanations of everything that is space :-)
I still look at it for info almost every day

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:19 am

I believe i'll go with that Heavy TIE Fighter. It's a shame the space events take place on weekend nights cause i'm usually working or out drinking during it. :(

I'm flying for the Inquisition right now.
Apathy is Death.

Erougn
Captain

Post by Erougn » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:03 pm

I'll be on tonight. Gimme a shout :-)

meuho

Post by meuho » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:55 pm

The Red tie has about 80k mass. The ETA is 90k mass but uses a astromech droid instead of a flight computer. Both are Light Fighters. Tie Heavys while "slower" should have at least a mass of 95k while opps have a mass of at least 170k but are a heavy fighter like the agg. I hope that info helps a bit. Personally i prefer the eta for a light fighter, then the heavy for a standard fighter. And once you can get it the agg. If you need a ship crafted you can talk to me or my alt

Meuho (Jedi/ ace imp pilot)

E-ako (shipwright/corsec pilot)

Erougn
Captain

Post by Erougn » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:45 pm

The Heavies aren't slower. here's the stats;

(Tier 4) Eta-2 Actis Interceptor: N/A Resources 90k mass [P: 2 Guns] 1 missile
[Spdx 0.95 Acc 400 Dec 400 Pitch 400 Yaw 400 Roll 200]

(Tier 4) Imperial Guard TIE Interceptor: N/A Resources 80k mass [P: 1 Gun] 1 missile
[Spdx 1.00 Acc 400 Dec 600 Pitch 300 Yaw 300 Roll 150]

(Tier 1) Heavy TIE Fighter: 50k Resources ~95k mass [P: 1 Gun] 1 missile
[Spdx 0.98 Acc 400 Dec 400 Pitch 500 Yaw 500 Roll 250]

As you can see, the base speed index for the heavy is higher than the jsf but lower than the rgi.

The turn rates are much better than both, only losing out to the rgi in deceleration, but who uses the brakes hehe.

So all things considered, the heavy is the fastest of the 3.

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:23 pm

thanks guys, the Heavy TIE Fighter helped me alot....those shields you re'd for me worked out nice vs tie 4 coynites fighters in the dathomir system. My superiors put me on a mission now, I may need help with it later this week.
Apathy is Death.