is it just me?

A place for members to discuss general information about RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel
is it just me?

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:28 pm

are the servers down?
Apathy is Death.

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:34 pm

just my luck.....i get a day off from working and i can't log in. jklfadsfnjdokasksabfjkdsabjkfdabjkfdsbjfksbjkwa!!!
Apathy is Death.

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant

Post by Kurke Aumea » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:18 pm

I'm at work so I can't confirm this at the moment.
3134 Posts + Whatever I have now

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:20 pm

i contacted a gm and they were able to log in ok, said to do a fullscan and i did that and still same thing. i'm about to scream.

also tried removing firewall, that didn't work either. what the heck. I CAN log onto TC prime.

i think i know what i did to get this crap to happen. every freakin time server resets or there's an update that damned to hades windows exception thing tries popping up and i can't see it or taskswitch but i can click, well i clicked block instead of allow. any idea how to re-allow it?

put firewall back to default settings, it unblocked whatever. still stuck at the connecting to the login server...screen of misery and contemplation....

no word from a csr or gm guess they all went home for the day or just don't give a damn.

i'd play on tc but that's boring as hell. i want to pvp and blow up bases tonight.

guess i'll go play guitar hero 3 or something. dammit

:roll:
Apathy is Death.

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:15 pm

may have to make due without me for a while.....

why me.

i wouldn't mind this so much if i was working today and tomorrow, but this is a waste. ffreaking waste of a day. i'm so mad right now i could break this computer with my mind alone.

sonee won't respond to me. i've restarted and screwed with windows firewall and nothing. i can log onto tc but forget it i want on the live servers, i don't pay 30 a month to play on tc. -_-

damn them all for ruining my day off.

the rebels will pay.
Apathy is Death.

Xoseh
Major

Post by Xoseh » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:16 pm

Try redownloading the files. (Not full scan)

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:48 pm

how do i do that? (to top it off a storm just went through like 4 hours ago, cutting off my power for a few hours...) and i'm still unable to login to the server or whatever. -_-
Apathy is Death.

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant

Post by Kurke Aumea » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:04 am

If you right-click on the SWG executable (probably for both the launchpad executable and the executable that runs SWG) and click properties, do you have an Unblock button in the Properties window on the General tab? If so, try clicking that and see if that fixes your problem. I'm still researching an easy way to unblock stuff though...

Interestingly, I've never accidentally clicked "Block", but I know it's only a matter of time before I accidentally do so. On that note, back to researching your issue.

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:16 pm

mcafee blocked it. even though i had it closed.
Apathy is Death.

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant

Post by Kurke Aumea » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:51 pm

Ooohh... Figured it was Windows... If it's McAfee (like any software firewall), there should be a way to configure progam access. All you gotta do is find where its at and unblock it.

Saurat Seerdon
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saurat Seerdon » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:32 pm

yeah if i would've known it was mcaffee (which i should have!!! duh!!) it would've been easy....at least now i know for next time when that pops up...now if there's a way to make it NOT pop up for SWG EVER, that would rock.
Apathy is Death.

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant

Post by Kurke Aumea » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:56 pm

Kioet wrote:yeah if i would've known it was mcaffee (which i should have!!! duh!!) it would've been easy....at least now i know for next time when that pops up...now if there's a way to make it NOT pop up for SWG EVER, that would rock.

If you're referring to McAffee, I'm sure there is a way to always allow it through. If it's anything like ZoneAlarm or some other firewalls I've used, you should be able to set it to something like "Always Allow".