Payment Problems

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Dragonus
Payment Problems

Post by Dragonus » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:42 pm

Is anyone else having problems? I've been reading the forums and it seems like two weeks ago SOE was having troubles with payments (around the time i came back...i tried paying the 22nd with my moms debit card but i kept getting a message that said the information was wrong (which was Not)..anyways the payment never went through but i was still able to log on, yesterday it ended (i guess they gave me some free days).

Now i find out about the new payment thing that will happen the 4th... so i am still not sure if my moms card will work (haven't tried it since the 22nd) and game cards are hard to find -_-'. Any one know whats going on?

Mikal
Second Lieutenant

Post by Mikal » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:58 pm

What new payment thing on the 4th? Sorry, I don't surf the SOE boards much cause they are slower than christmas

Mikal
Second Lieutenant

Post by Mikal » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:01 pm

Ok, Here is the announcement, shouldn't affect most of us that already have payment set up.
------------------------------------------------------
To provide our customers with increased credit card security, Sony Online Entertainment will be partnering with Visa and MasterCard. In a few weeks, SOE will add Verified by Visa and MasterCard Secure to our Station Store purchase flow.

Q. How will this affect an SOE customer?

A. When adding new subscriptions, changing a subscription, or purchasing software from the Station Store, you, the customer, will be prompted to join Verified by Visa or MasterCard Secure. An application will pop up and prompt you to join the security program.

Q. How much does it cost to join Verified by Visa or MasterCard Secure?

A. It is completely free to join Visa and MasterCard's security for online purchases.

Q. Why should I give Sony Online Entertainment my personal information?

A. The information requested for these programs is not stored on any SOE servers. These programs are provided by Visa and MasterCard. Only Visa and MasterCard will retain the information you provide for your security.

When accessing the Verified by Visa and MasterCard sign up page, please enter all requested information. This is a secure site and only Visa or MasterCard will have your information. After you have signed up for the security program, you will need to login again to verify that the card has been secured.

Message edited by Valara on 02/28/2008 07:38:49.

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:20 pm

Mikal wrote:Ok, Here is the announcement, shouldn't affect most of us that already have payment set up.
------------------------------------------------------
To provide our customers with increased credit card security, Sony Online Entertainment will be partnering with Visa and MasterCard. In a few weeks, SOE will add Verified by Visa and MasterCard Secure to our Station Store purchase flow.

Q. How will this affect an SOE customer?

A. When adding new subscriptions, changing a subscription, or purchasing software from the Station Store, you, the customer, will be prompted to join Verified by Visa or MasterCard Secure. An application will pop up and prompt you to join the security program.

Q. How much does it cost to join Verified by Visa or MasterCard Secure?

A. It is completely free to join Visa and MasterCard's security for online purchases.

Q. Why should I give Sony Online Entertainment my personal information?

A. The information requested for these programs is not stored on any SOE servers. These programs are provided by Visa and MasterCard. Only Visa and MasterCard will retain the information you provide for your security.

When accessing the Verified by Visa and MasterCard sign up page, please enter all requested information. This is a secure site and only Visa or MasterCard will have your information. After you have signed up for the security program, you will need to login again to verify that the card has been secured.

Message edited by Valara on 02/28/2008 07:38:49.

yea i have read this, i think the problem might have been that in my payment history i have 3 different credits cards? (sisters, brother, other brother...all have the same address though.) guess i will have to contact the billing team or w/e tomorrow

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:47 am

I haven't had problems, but I saw that others had threads up in the tech support board about it. I resubscribed around the middle of the month and did not have problems, but I have always used the same credit card. We will see what happens next month when I switch to my credit card.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm

bleh, i guess i will try getting those visa/master card "rechargeable or w/e" cards later this week, hopefully that will be easier for me...

also anyone know were the cd key to SWG is? Game manual or Cd box?...i forgot my secret answer and i need to send them the game key...I've tried looking but i cant find it.

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant

Post by Kurke Aumea » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:13 pm

Dragonus wrote:bleh, i guess i will try getting those visa/master card "rechargeable or w/e" cards later this week, hopefully that will be easier for me...

also anyone know were the cd key to SWG is? Game manual or Cd box?...i forgot my secret answer and i need to send them the game key...I've tried looking but i cant find it.

CD key is on the CD case of one of my original SWG boxes.
3134 Posts + Whatever I have now

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:05 pm

yea its a sticker on the CD case. I have my CDs on my desk.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:33 pm

you guys have the total experience edition?...i checked the box and cd's but couldn't find anything..i think it is on the back of the manual..and i cant find it lol...looked every where

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant

Post by Kurke Aumea » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:05 pm

I have the original game CDs.

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:29 pm

dang, if i buy another copy and put it in my current account will it replace the older one?(so that i could give them that cd to change my secret stuff)... (also thinking of doing it to get my alt an itv)

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant

Post by Kurke Aumea » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:24 pm

Dragonus wrote:dang, if i buy another copy and put it in my current account will it replace the older one?(so that i could give them that cd to change my secret stuff)... (also thinking of doing it to get my alt an itv)

Not sure. Eventually I was able to provide a CSR with enough info to reactivate my account. I was able to ramble off enough credit card info and other account information that they believed it was me and reset my secret Q&A and gave me a new password and bascially said, "happy gaming!"

The more stuff you can give them about yourself, the more likely you are to get the account reactivated. I couldn't remember my secret, but I kept tossing information at them to help verify my identity and they eventually gave the all clear.