Looking for new home

For all things pertaining to our capital of Fort Oasis on Tatooine. NOTE: This section is defunct as of 12/15/11

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Mikal
Second Lieutenant
Looking for new home

Post by Mikal » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:25 pm

Hey guys, I'm looking to move out of the current city I live in and run on Dantooine. My crafter, Mikal, would like to move back to Tatooine. However, the size of his humble home is a problem in some cities (Fort Oasis for example). He currently lives in a Tatooine Guildhall. Moving into a medium wouldn't be a problem if someone was willing to trade me a medium for my guildhall, or else let me buy one at a reasonable price. Flashlight and my entertainer Ro'Bin (not yet guilded her, she hasn't been logged on this week hehe) would like to live on Rori. Ro'Bin already lives there, but would like to pay taxes for some reason hehe. Basically I say that planet because the other houses I have are all Naboo style homes.

Flashlight won't be able to declare residency at this time however. He is currently the mayor of Nuitari, 1km Northish of the Imperial Outpost on Dant. My characters' and one other person that I can think of still have active accounts on this server, and he doesn't want to be mayor. So until someone moves in (I have zoning turned off even lol) and runs against me, I'm kinda stuck with a city hall :p

Erougn, I heard you were mayor of Fort D'aroo, so I guess you are the one to talk to about those chars...who are the mayors of the other cities (lexx has Fort Oasis, but I kinda like my big house lol)?

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant

Post by Kurke Aumea » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:57 pm

I may be interested in taking over your city. Back when I used to play, I ran a city called Nar Shadda on Dantooine, but it fell apart after I left. I'm looking to start up a new city under the RID banner (already pre-approved by Lexx). Whether it be a new city or running an existing one, I'm open to options. I'd like to swing by and take a look at the city. I may have some questions for you regarding it.
3134 Posts + Whatever I have now

Erougn
Captain

Post by Erougn » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:48 am

I added Ro'bin to the access list for the buff house finally! Send me a tell in-game if you have any questions. If you want to place a house and I'm not around, Amaroo is militia.

Amaroo
Staff Corporal

Post by Amaroo » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:04 am

Yeah, but my uber grant-zoning-rights powers are NOT free :twisted:

Mikal
Second Lieutenant

Post by Mikal » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:10 am

Thanks Erougn! When I finally get around to getting her guilded, I'll remind you to take her off the list. If anyone around Restuss needs Ent buffs, let me know and I'll drop into the cantina.

Kurke, I'll put the town back on the planetary map (took it off to save money for a bit, even though I'm not real sure if that affected the city maintenance), that way you can find it. Or remind me and I'll shoot you a waypoint. Right now all of the city structures are in my pack, but it is a level 3 city. It had a cloner, garage, and stuff, just isn't quite big enough for shuttle. I just at the time couldn't find people to move in hehe. If it were to become a RID city, I would have no problem with keeping a citizen or 2 there while it got started to keep the numbers good. HOWEVER, the buildings that are there, well, most of the Imperial players moved out hehe. The rebels that do live there don't play (I have yet to see several citizens EVER...saw the email where they joined the guild I was in...never saw them again)

Maintenance account is currently around 1.3 mil, so it has enough money right now to last a little bit until things can happen with it. Zero taxes right now, but that is cause I was going to let it just fade away if I couldn't find anyone to take it over.

Kurke Aumea
First Lieutenant

Post by Kurke Aumea » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:26 pm

I'm at work, but wanted to let you know that I took a quick look at the city last night and have developed a few ideas about what we, as a guild, could do. I have a few questions for Lexx first though.
3134 Posts + Whatever I have now

Mikal
Second Lieutenant

Post by Mikal » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:56 pm

No problem, like I said, I picked up the civic structures to make the maintenance last longer until I could figure out what to do with the place. And as far as keeping the numbers up, a couple of the houses belong to some guys that moved to Chilastra, but not all of the moved chars there, they just made new ones. I'll talk to them about putting me on admin to keep them up until we can get enough people in to keep things stable there.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:50 am

Okay I responded to your PM in response to the matter Kurke :)