need help choosing a weight gainer

A place for members to discuss general information about RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Dragonus
need help choosing a weight gainer

Post by Dragonus » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:51 pm

ok so i need to make a choice fast before the sale ends (7th) and i have to start lifting again, going on a 10-12 week bulk. somehow i cant get myself to eat an assload of food even if i eat 6 meals a day. Im just not getting enough calories i think for gaining 5-15 pounds in these next weeks. I am tired of my wrist been small and weak looking even though i workout, so ima be lifting hard and with the bulking hopefully i will get some size gains and strength as well. i have been looking tru some gainers and idk which one to get. i have these options

Gainer #1
Calories 2200.00
Calories from Fat 160.00
Total Fat 18.20 g
Saturated Fat 10.00 g
Cholesterol 114.00 mg
Sodium 984.00 mg
Potassium 2730.00 mg
Total Carbohydrate 441.00 g
Dietary Fiber 5.00 g
Sugars 115.00 g
Protein 69.00 g

not really liking this one since the calories in it are insanely high and at $37 for 5 servings i really dont want to be wasting my $ every week o_0

Gainer #2

Calories 750.00
Calories from Fat 50.00
Total Fat 6.00 g
Saturated Fat 4.00 g
Trans Fat 0.00 g
Cholesterol 110.00 mg
Sodium 620.00 mg
Potassium 1350.00 mg
Total Carbohydrate 124.00 g
Dietary Fiber 4.00 g
Sugars 20.00 g
Protein 50.00 g
Calcium 400.00
Iron 5.40

this one seems better since i will be drinking it every day and i get 14 servings out of one bottle, protein seems good enough since il be getting most of mine out of whole foods and other sht like whey after a workout
sodium levels are high on both so i think i should avoid foods with alot of sodium thruout the day.. just asking here since at least one of you other have to workout. (right?)

sooo...which one should i get? there are more options but these have get one and the other one is 50% (GNC STORE)off so i thinks its a pretty good deal. getting a 110 lb barbell set this week also 0-0

i am going to be broke for a week D=

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:34 pm

As a 5'8" 120 lb 17 year old I can be of no help.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:39 pm

Im 6'0, 190-ish lbs, and I bench 210 and can do vert rows for 255, so I'm probably the only one here who even knows what your talking about. Personally, your diet doesnt really matter as long as you eat some kind of meat for each meal, like eggs and bacon for breakfast, a burger or meat sandwich for lunch, and a steak or something for dinner. You can't add as much on if you naturally have a smaller bone structure, so you might just not be able to add enough on due to your build.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:56 pm

And personally, I recommend taking this to the GAT.

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:04 pm

well i do eat meat for every meal, usually i skip breakfast which i shouldn't and try to eat a 12'inch sandwich for lunch with 2 grilled chicken pieces for each 6'in of bread. I am a real picky eater and it annoys me that i am, i need to start eating fish and all that sht, right now i am 5'8-5'9 (haven't measured height in months.) and 126 lbs, i did add 1lb since Monday so thats a good thing, i might as well go with the second gainer then to get that extra 500-700 calories after dinner. or before it, i can bench 140, also i wanted to add that im going for the cleanest bulk i can get, so not alot of fast (fat) foods but not too little fat something in between.

RettVescan
Staff Sergeant

Post by RettVescan » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:11 pm

Dude, I'm the same way and I feel your pain. Too damn skinny. Anyway, yeah, breakfast is an important part of it. Just eating two big meals a day isn't enough. Breakfast is important cause it starts your body working for the day and makes you more hungry later. Sounds kinda weird, but eating a small-medium size breakfast will make you hungrier throughout the day. I've gone through an entire day eating once (which is totally unhealthy) but if I eat a breakfast, I'm hungry for a big meal again within 3-4 hours. So make sure you eat something. Even if its as small as an oatmeal cookie. :) I know someone who wanted to gain weight also and he ate 7 meals a day to do it, hopefully neither you nor I will have to do THAT. :) Good luck to ya, lemme know how it works.

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:53 pm

Dragonus wrote:well i do eat meat for every meal, usually i skip breakfast which i shouldn't and try to eat a 12'inch sandwich for lunch with 2 grilled chicken pieces for each 6'in of bread. I am a real picky eater and it annoys me that i am, i need to start eating fish and all that sht, right now i am 5'8-5'9 (haven't measured height in months.) and 126 lbs, i did add 1lb since Monday so thats a good thing, i might as well go with the second gainer then to get that extra 500-700 calories after dinner. or before it, i can bench 140, also i wanted to add that im going for the cleanest bulk i can get, so not alot of fast (fat) foods but not too little fat something in between.

As it stands for you right now, I take it your just starting up, since it sounds like you're on the "gangly" side. I find doing nothing helps me put on muscle, in the summer from 9th to 10th grade, I didnt lift once, and ended up doubling at least every exercise when I started lifting again.

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:17 pm

Yup like Tele said.. eat lots of protein and lean meats, and if you don't have good muscle genes you won't gain much weight. Stay away from fast food shit no matter what. If you want to look like Dynamite Kid or Chris Benoit, you gotta go on the juice, and you don't want that.

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:40 pm

Dont bother with pills or anything, eating 6 meals a day is excessive, just if your gonna have a snack, make it leftover chicken or something, not some goldfish.

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:08 pm

lol pills !! naa i wont take that sht. 1st week starts today and my arms are fcking sore :? for snacks i was thinking of having a small home made type sandwhich or like u said some leftover chicken or something, since i get to go out for lunch getting meat wont be a problem but staying away from fast food will :( :D i will try my best lol... theres a chinese bufet i can go to and get some good sht,

idk how good subsways is though, i know its still considered fast food but its not as bad as eating burgers or pizza, au bon pain will also be a healthy choice although its overpriced bs

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:09 pm

Dragonus wrote:lol pills !! naa i wont take that sht. 1st week starts today and my arms are fcking sore :? for snacks i was thinking of having a small home made type sandwhich or like u said some leftover chicken or something, since i get to go out for lunch getting meat wont be a problem but staying away from fast food will :( :D i will try my best lol... theres a chinese bufet i can go to and get some good sht,

idk how good subsways is though, i know its still considered fast food but its not as bad as eating burgers or pizza, au bon pain will also be a healthy choice although its overpriced bs

No home made sandwiches, theres not enough meat, theyre mostly daintly little slices from some package. The only sandwiches you'll want if your on a gainer diet are burgers, steak sandwiches, and pork sandwiches, because they always have a pile of meat on top.

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:14 pm

true but add enough of those slices and it adds up =d i guess il have to tell my mom to buy real meat.

are those packages with burger patty good? they have a nice size and i usually eat 3 of those (no mayo just meat,bread,leetuce,tomato)

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:15 pm

Burger packets are debatable, I recommend a bag of popcorn chicken.

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:54 pm

thnx i guess i will go to the supermarket with my mom this week and check some of this stuff out. I will update evrery two weeks on progress =d (wish me the best) hopefully i got some decent geneslol

no one seems happy that i got the 20 day trial to get back to swg D= hopefully i will see you guys in game

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:30 pm

if only I had a computer then I could try it and it would be awesome cause I could own like nobody but a level 2 n00b!!!