Making a movie, need some help!

A place for members to discuss general information about RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

RettVescan
Staff Sergeant
Making a movie, need some help!

Post by RettVescan » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:46 pm

Hey RID, I just wanted to let everyone know that I've begun the preliminary stages of making a SWG movie using Fraps and editing software. I've already shot one, very short scene with Raric, but it turned out perfectly so I think what I want to do is possible.
What I wanted to ask is if anyone knew any good ways I can put the video files on the internet so they can be downloaded by you all and others. I don't really want to use Youtube cause I hear they compress and screw with the quality too much. I just need anyway I can distribute these video segments I'm going to be making.
Also, when I get closer to actually being able to do more scene-shooting I'll ask anyone who wants to help me to play some parts in it, or to act as a cameraman, or even some voice acting if I ever get that far. Basically though, I really just need to figure out how I'll be able to upload everything once they're done. I don't feel like doing all the work it's going to take and find out I'll have to settle for crappy-quality youtube videos. So any suggestions?

Update: I've found a website that can host up to 60mb so I can give you guys little sneak peeks as they become available but I could still use a some info about sites that can host more than 60mb. Anyway, here's the link to the first 1mins and 30secs of it. Thanks again goes to Raric for flying that beautiful peice of space engineering.
http://savefile.com/projects/1055081

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:50 pm

use www.filefront.com can upload up to 1g and dat means you wont cut down on the quality

intro is good althought i think u should speed the words to appear faster but dats just me =D otherwise looks like its gonna be a good movie cant wait to see the finished product

RettVescan
Staff Sergeant

Post by RettVescan » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:03 pm

Ah, cool. Good website reference. Thanks! As for the words, I can't really speed them up or else it throws the timing of the song off - I tried to get it as close to the movies' timing as possible. Thanks for the compliment and the reference!

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:47 pm

Rett, just so you know, I watched the intro completely and it looks great. Do you have a general plotline for this movie?

Jaysont
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Jaysont » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:17 pm

LOL i laughed so hard when that tiny ship apeared lol i was expected a deci at least. but all in all a great intro.

P.S. i'll act if u want or even just be in the background

RettVescan
Staff Sergeant

Post by RettVescan » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:21 pm

Thanks again for the compliments, guys. Lexx - so far my general, and I mean general, plotline is just like the intro says - a small team is hunting for the Bane's Heart. I'll have the team recover and then get captured by, (possibly) Trandos and then transported to the Avatar Space platform as prisoners. At some point, the Empire will show up with stormtroopers and rescue them and a space battle will commence. Stereotypical star wars, I know, but I'm not going for a ground breaking plot at this point. Like I said, it's all general at this point and subject to changes or modifications.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:46 pm

That's fine. You dont want anything too complicated, at least not yet.

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:17 pm

sounds good and yea u might want to keep it simple...

RettVescan
Staff Sergeant

Post by RettVescan » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:21 pm

Oh and btw, I thought what would make this stand out would be that it would portray the Empire as good guys. Since we're all Imperial I figured it'd act as a cool little "propaganda" type project for the RP community. So one of my main goals is to keep the imperial characters in it a little bit more merciful than what we've seen. For example, at the end, I'm planning on having Vader tell an officer to commend my character and not have him kill any imperials with force chokes and other similar evil things we've seen him do in movies.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:03 pm

What do you mean the Imperials are the good guys!!! Those rebels trying to make the galaxy unorganized...

Raric

Post by Raric » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:07 pm

Looks cool

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:31 pm

Sounds like you already found a website, but for future use you can use http://www.photobucket.com to store photos and videos.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:20 pm

Leviathen wrote:Sounds like you already found a website, but for future use you can use http://www.photobucket.com to store photos and videos.

yea but photobutcket reduces quality , ive tried it and it looks bad