SWGEMU update

A place for members to discuss general information about RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Takura
SWGEMU update

Post by Takura » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:09 pm

"As it stands right now, if you logged in, and had a duel with someone, you wouldnt be able to tell the difference between Live and the Emu. Its that good."

"So tonight, We'd like to share with you the progress that we've made over the last little while with a montage of video showing our history. Since making this video, we've also figured out player housing, force run, force meditate, all client effects, mounts on both swoops AND creatures, and as of 30 minutes ago, we fixed movement so it is no longer stop and go. It's smooth as a babies bottom."

The video
http://www.swgemu.com/nov15-2006.php

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:18 pm

omg fucking owned smed
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:08 pm

soo were can we get this?

Takura

Post by Takura » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:29 pm

Nowhere right now.. They went closed source again. I will update when I find out.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:03 am

That brings back some memories. That would also be so tempting to play too. It's SWG as I remember it; the way it is supposed to be.

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:10 am

I'll most definatly give that a try when it is released.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:36 am

I'm still loving the comments from Smed. The irony is orgasmic.

Kalice- Master Architect

Zoidkes

Post by Zoidkes » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:47 pm

i would hate to be a party pooper, but i think if they can get the game up and working right.. SOE and mostly Lucas Arts would bitch slap them with lawsuites so fast, they wouldnt even know what just happened. The game isnt opensource or shareware, is property of LA, and they wont stand for it if it ever gets to be a real rival to SWG.

Takura

Post by Takura » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:57 pm

ahem.. SWGEMU was written from scratch and in another country, so making the emulator is legal, playing it however is against the eula. Legals like the FBI get involved when u copy the companies software IE the FBI raids of one of the free Lineage 2 servers as they were using the same code as the official servers. Besides, when this is released there will be so many copies of it on the web, they wont be able to do anything about it. There are WoW servers everywhere and nothing has been done yet.

Zoidkes

Post by Zoidkes » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:16 pm

Hey, if they can get it to work, and it runs fine, i would be the first person to say i would like to play it. It just seems iffy, player run servers always seem to come and go without warning and LA is very famous for their lawsuit trigger finger. I guess what i really want to say is good luck to the modders and hope they acomplish their goals. :D

Takura

Post by Takura » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:38 pm

I was hosting one until they went closed source again =/

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:59 pm

Have they given a date at all?

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:21 pm

Zoidkes wrote:Hey, if they can get it to work, and it runs fine, i would be the first person to say i would like to play it. It just seems iffy, player run servers always seem to come and go without warning and LA is very famous for their lawsuit trigger finger. I guess what i really want to say is good luck to the modders and hope they acomplish their goals. :D

they aren't modders, as far as its concerned they have never heard of swg.

Kalice- Master Architect

Takura

Post by Takura » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:48 am

yeah, not modders, programers.. They made the server from the ground up. If it were just to be modded then it would be illegal.

RettVescan
Staff Sergeant

Post by RettVescan » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:32 am

Hmmm, I'd have to say the only I thing I find cool about this was the music playing in the YouTube video....oh, and the fireworks launch at the end.