The GAT Thread

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:38 pm

In fact, Charon is a larger mass than Pluto. Then again, Pluto is no longer a planet. On the flipside, the moon Titan might be able to produce life because its atmospheric conditions mirror that of earth's almost 3.8 billion years ago. Also, the mars rovers are once again in contact with earth. The twins are nearing their third birthday and still have a lot of work left in front of them.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:32 pm

Kurke_Aumea wrote:In fact, Charon is a larger mass than Pluto. Then again, Pluto is no longer a planet. On the flipside, the moon Titan might be able to produce life because its atmospheric conditions mirror that of earth's almost 3.8 billion years ago. Also, the mars rovers are once again in contact with earth. The twins are nearing their third birthday and still have a lot of work left in front of them.

actually pluto is classified as a dwarf planet which is techinally still a planet
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:39 pm

Waucod Meesman wrote:Also does anybody here know why Pluto and Charon rotate around a central point?

is this a trick question? First I will answer with what you expect. It is possible Pluto and Charon mimic the orbital habits of twin stars, which orbit around eachother.

Now Pluto and Charon also orbit around several other central points. Our sun, the center of the galaxy, and the center of the universe. Now my personal theory is that all objects orbit around all other objects. Yes that means you are currently orbiting around me. Now the speed may be .0000000001 cm/yr but you are orbiting around me none the less. No matter where in the universe you are, we are attracted to eachother. Gravity is actually the bending of time and space around objects. Note I didn't say large objects, so yes I see no reason as to why every object wouldn't orbit around every other object. Unconceivable? perhaps. Mathematically possible? most defiantly.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:53 pm

Apium wrote:
Kurke_Aumea wrote:In fact, Charon is a larger mass than Pluto. Then again, Pluto is no longer a planet. On the flipside, the moon Titan might be able to produce life because its atmospheric conditions mirror that of earth's almost 3.8 billion years ago. Also, the mars rovers are once again in contact with earth. The twins are nearing their third birthday and still have a lot of work left in front of them.

actually pluto is classified as a dwarf planet which is techinally still a planet

It's not a planet in the sense that I was taught when I was growing up. See calling it a drawf planet is just a politically correct way of keeping the "let's make Pluto a planet" people happy. The thing got demoted because substantial evidence was presented to demote it. In order to keep it labeled as a typical planet, we'd have to include countless other bodies and that could become quite rediculous in time. So, our solar system is down to eight planets. Poor Pluto? Maybe, but give him a cookie and he will be a happy dog.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:19 am

SWEET not only did I get Yovel to post again but in the GAT thread!!!!

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:43 pm

ooh btw just putting it out there... 2nd gen 360 games are gonna compete agaisnt 1st gen ps3 games... soo get some pre orders done... i might try to get 2 and resell one at high price

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:45 pm

Dragonus wrote:ooh btw just putting it out there... 2nd gen 360 games are gonna compete agaisnt 1st gen ps3 games... soo get some pre orders done... i might try to get 2 and resell one at high price

Advantage = 2nd Gen 360 games

All I know is there is a nice long list of games I want for the the 360. Gears of War, Alan Wake, Forza, FEAR, Oblivian (apparently I am slow on the pick up... lol), Call of Duty 3, Need For Speed: Carbon, Rainbow Six: Vegas, and Bioshock. There's also the ever popular Halo 3, but odds are that will be for next Christmas (maybe Easter if we are all lucky). Either I am going to be super broke for Christmas or my family will! lol

It's a good thing I get a month off for Christmas. I am going to be spending much of it in front of the TV playing some kick ass 360 games.

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:52 am

Red Steel multiplayer is looking sweet.. even though it's not online, and only has 4 (!) multiplayer maps, some of the modes sound pretty cool. In one of the modes the Wiimote is used as a cell phone, you press a button on the controller and put it to your ear, someone gives you an objective to accomplish through the built in speaker which you must carry out, and the same goes for your opponents. So one person could be tracking down an npc while the other person is instructed to protect it, while the other players have something else to accomplish. So far the game has gotten a good reception at least from one magazine that gave it a 90/100 score. Hopefully the reviews from other mags are similar. A lot of games on the 360 like Gears of War are looking bad ass, making me wish the Wii had comparable graphics but if Nintendo and other companies deliver on the controls I'm not so sure. This is one messed up console generation if you ask me.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:28 pm

yeah can't think of many xbox games I wanna get for Christmas

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:34 pm

Waucod Meesman wrote:yeah can't think of many xbox games I wanna get for Christmas

Why waste your time considering most stores don't sell original Xbox's anymore? Save up (or beg) for a 360. Trust me, you won't regret it.

As for Red Steel... Exactly what is the point of using the Wiimote as a cell phone for a game? If I want to act out my fantasies I'll either get my gf to dress up as Princess Leia or round up some friends, dress them up, and play some Dungeons & Dragons old school. Still, that's a bummer that it doesn't have online multiplayer.

The one thing the Wii has going for it is that unless the games are completely crap, all of the games will score high simply because of the new control scheme. It's kind of like how Perfect Dark Zero scored so high for the 360. It looked pretty and had an old school console FPS feeling to it. Compared with games released two or three months later, it can almost be classified as a P.O.S. (Seriously, the game was OK, but there was nothing special about it. I hope Red Steel is a good game, but I feel its high ratings are being influenced by the novelty of the Wii and the Wiimote.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:50 pm

good idea I'll go for it not that I make more than $50 a year for anything and that I'm gonna get anything for Christmas...

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:58 pm

Sell a kidney. That right there has to be worth a couple hundred bucks.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:12 pm

they can sell those!!!! SWEET!!!! I'm hearing the Apprentice theme song already!!!

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:24 pm

Waucod Meesman wrote:they can sell those!!!! SWEET!!!! I'm hearing the Apprentice theme song already!!!

Well, you got two of them and you really only need one, so...

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:21 pm

Kurke_Aumea wrote:As for Red Steel... Exactly what is the point of using the Wiimote as a cell phone for a game? If I want to act out my fantasies I'll either get my gf to dress up as Princess Leia or round up some friends, dress them up, and play some Dungeons & Dragons old school.

I swear if I have to hear about your opinion on that remote anymore i'm going to shoot someone

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life