The GAT Thread

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:28 am

It's what I've been saying all along but Kurke doesn't believe me, well IGN says the same thing after playing 10 hours of Zelda, they feel the new control method pretty much obliterates the old way. It's just one game but it's a good example of what we can possibly expect with Wii games.

Playing=Believing!

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:42 pm

The Wii will be the party machine. It is the one everyone breaks out when their friends come over since everyone is sick and tired of Halo 2 and SOCOM (frankly, I can't blame them either). However, when everyone goes home, you're gonna see the 360's and PS3's come back out.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:44 pm

just wait till Halo 3 comes out... I will be able to pwn people again at LAN parties!!!

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:45 pm

Waucod Meesman wrote:just wait till Halo 3 comes out... I will be able to pwn people again at LAN parties!!!

Because you can play custom games where the only weapon is a rocket launcher? lol Seriously, go return the crappy sweaters and everything you are getting for Christmas and go get Live.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:49 pm

but the sweaters are akways so cute!!!!! lol and no I am terrible with a rocket launcher I exel with battle rifles... yeah SWAT!!!

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:52 pm

Waucod Meesman wrote:but the sweaters are akways so cute!!!!! lol and no I am terrible with a rocket launcher I exel with battle rifles... yeah SWAT!!!

Just for the record, you do realize that there are other games besides Halo, right???

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:02 pm

I'm good with the sword lol

I suck really bad, and i love shooting randomly and killing people. It pisses them off.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:15 pm

Too many cheaters on live.

I think the Wii will be an entertaining system, and I think I will rather liket he new controller.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Finnus Malorin

Post by Finnus Malorin » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:46 pm

Brute shotgun FTW! :P
Now if only i could afford to take it online....

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:45 pm

Leviathen wrote:Too many cheaters on live.

Only because mod chips were widely available and easy to install. Thankfully, the 360 hasn't been cracked yet. Play a 360 game on Live and you'll see a large difference versus playing an original Xbox game on Live.

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:01 am

Problem is Halo is an original xbox game.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:38 pm

and the most pwning one that has yet to come out!!!

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:39 pm

Leviathen wrote:Problem is Halo is an original xbox game.

Agreed. Compared to Live on the 360, the original Live sucked (though still better than what the PS2 ever offered). Halo was really the only game to work with what the original Live had to offer and present it in an easy-to-use way. Still, the gameplay in Halo gets stale after about three years... Halo 3 will undoubtedly bring some new life to the series, but that is still a good ways off.

I have plans of picking up Gears of War sometime within the next week. It's a third person shooter, but it's possibly the most beautiful game to ever hit a console. The only downside that I can see from it so far is that you can only play up to 8 people on multiplayer. Admittedly, I like smaller games but judging from some of the gameplay videos I'm not sure how I will dig it. Still, the single player campaign looks like a blast. While relatively short at about 10 to 12 hours, it does offer two difficulties to play at: Casual and Hardcore. It offers a third difficulty for beating the game: Insane.

As one review noted in the game, it was the best use of a chainsaw. Ever.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:57 pm

what about a hardcasual difficulty level?

Also does anybody here know why Pluto and Charon rotate around a central point?

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:11 pm

Waucod Meesman wrote:Also does anybody here know why Pluto and Charon rotate around a central point?

It might be because they are both almost equal mass and in esense, both rotate around eachother. This gives the illusion of rotating around a central point inbetween Charon and Pluto.