The GAT Thread

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:22 am

thats real nice guys think of the children here!!!

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:51 pm

lol yess lets think about waucod... the only place i would pay for sex would be in Amsterdam.. whores there need to show u a std exam thing before u pay for their services ... good idea imo

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:59 pm

Dragonus wrote:lol yess lets think about waucod... the only place i would pay for sex would be in Amsterdam.. whores there need to show u a std exam thing before u pay for their services ... good idea imo

wow really? good policy
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:43 pm

Dragonus wrote:lol yess lets think about waucod... the only place i would pay for sex would be in Amsterdam.. whores there need to show u a std exam thing before u pay for their services ... good idea imo

(Kurke readies his passport)

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:39 pm

yea it was like made a law by the president or w/e and they have to get checkups weekly i think it was becuase of all the tourist going there for sex and they wanted them to be std safe

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:53 pm

lol holland's biggest source of revenue is prostitution.

Kalice- Master Architect

Takura

Post by Takura » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:40 am

Kurke_Aumea wrote:
Takura wrote:Money doesnt mean anything.. One day u kids will learn this.

Then why do I go to work and go to college? To make money. Whether you like it or not, money is what makes the world go 'round.

Been there, done that.. I have plenty of money, but its not everything..

Takura

Post by Takura » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:42 am

...and why pay for sex when u can get it for free.. or maybe most of u cant lol.

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:52 am

Apium wrote:lol holland's biggest source of revenue is prostitution.

watch yourself if you ever go to The Netherlands, we all think they are really liberal (which they are in most areas) but you go to some communites and they are super conservative, its like you've walked to a differnt continent when you go into those communities.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:04 am

Takura wrote:...and why pay for sex when u can get it for free.. or maybe most of u cant lol.

yea tell em takura. I'm too nice though, I won't take advantage of a girl. There have been times when I'll say no to a girl when she wants to have sex because it would be cheating on her boyfriend. Still I'm no virgin, most 16 yr olds aren't.

Kalice- Master Architect

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:43 pm

are me and Aumea the only ones who aren't conversing in these immature and sick conversations? lol that was a burnette moment if I've ever had one...

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:38 pm

Waucod Meesman wrote:are me and Aumea the only ones who aren't conversing in these immature and sick conversations? lol that was a burnette moment if I've ever had one...

its not sick, its the real world waucod.

Kalice- Master Architect

Takura

Post by Takura » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:10 am

Apium wrote:
Waucod Meesman wrote:are me and Aumea the only ones who aren't conversing in these immature and sick conversations? lol that was a burnette moment if I've ever had one...

its not sick, its the real world waucod.

...but think of the children! lol

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:06 am

It's time for the Wii report, brought to you by Sony, where we do it, the way you do it.. (so if you got like a controller that's really cool, we'll take the idea!)

I just read a hands-on impression of Zelda: Twilight Princess for the Wii on IGN.com and I am more stoked than ever to get a Wii. Here's a few paragraphs from the preview I like:

"When publishers claim that their games are 50 hours long, seasoned players usually half that number for the truth. But with Twilight Princess, I think we can really look forward to a 50-plus-hour adventure, bare minimum. This quest will keep you busy through the holidays and beyond. So, I'm pondering this revelation a lot as I try to imagine how in the hell I'm going to find the time to beat Zelda and still review 30 other games for the Wii launch. Of course, that's more than a little terrifying, but at the same time I am absolutely thrilled by the prospect of spending some quality time with Link, Epona, and Zelda again. Oh yeah, and Midna, too."

"There's no way to know for sure how it'll all turn out yet, as even with 10 hours under my belt I've only scratched the surface. However, if the game keeps up or gets better - as Nintendo's people promise that it does - there is simply no way that the adventure will remembered as anything but a masterful classic and quite possibly the best launch title in the history of the business."

"After 10 minutes, playing Twilight Princess with the Wii remote and nunchuk feels good. You have to understand that the remote does not suddenly bring one-to-one swordplay to the table, which seems like an eventuality for a future Zelda game. But even without it, the control still works just fine. It is not clumsy by comparison to the GCN build and your arms will absolutely not grow tired and fall off. If you want to, you can make those exaggerated and dramatic full-arch movements as seen in Nintendo Wii promos to control Link's sword swipes. But by no means is playing that way a necessity. You could play like I do, which is just to subtly shake the controller to and from every time you want to perform a swipe. Keep shaking it and Link will continue to slash at enemies. It's not difficult. It's not messy. It works every time and it feels pretty damned good. In fact, after an hour or two with the game, you start to really prefer this method to more traditional controls. There is something more tangible to it. It might seem like a little thing, but shaking the remote in lieu of pressing a button more accurately conveys the sense that you're in control of a sword. It honestly, truly does. And I'm neither lying nor brainwashed when I state that, given the choice, there is no way I would go back to the old control scheme."

So there you have it, more proof that the Wii controller is not a gimmick and in fact could render other controllers a thing of the past if implemented properly.
Last edited by Ri'Me on Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:11 am

Are we supposed to read that or can we just assume that its everything you've been telling except put into one post?

Kalice- Master Architect