The GAT Thread

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:20 pm

Waucod Meesman wrote:U.S. Education system= skewered.

Also Kurke that was mean gosh!!!

The burn comment or the "I am a mod" comment???

And if you think our education system is full of acronyms, you need introduced to the U.S. Federal Government...

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:21 pm

Thats any government. We live in acronym hell... fact of our world.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:28 pm

Now, imagine acronyms using the Russian alphabet...

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:59 am

:roll: that sounds like fun!!!

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:47 pm

listen guys, the Nintendo Wii is coming out in less than a month! why's everyone talking about politics when there are far more pressing issues such as this!

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:25 pm

Nintendo Sucks!!!

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:50 pm

I'll probably get the Wii

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Gesro

Post by Gesro » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:10 pm

ewww, no consoles for me.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:53 pm

Aww come on, you're missing out on some fun gaming. In all truth an honesty, I really could care less about the Wii and PS3 release. There are too many 360 games coming out and I have a feeling that between games and my girlfriend I will be one broke man by the new year...

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:30 pm

Zelda is lookin sweet.. you can swing your sword with the remote, use your shield with the nunchuk attachment which has tilt function.. you can fish, aim your bow and arrow, use the boomerang... not only that, the remote can also cook your food for you, levitate small objects, cut down that annoying tree that's blocking the view out your window, and start up cars!

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:06 pm

Ri'Me wrote:Zelda is lookin sweet.. you can swing your sword with the remote, use your shield with the nunchuk attachment which has tilt function.. you can fish, aim your bow and arrow, use the boomerang... not only that, the remote can also cook your food for you, levitate small objects, cut down that annoying tree that's blocking the view out your window, and start up cars!

Allow me to restate my point from a while ago. I am too lazy as a gamer to get "physical" with my controller. I personally consider the Wiimote a gimmick that will work well on the young, young at heart, and the uninitiated gamer. However, serious gamers or those who simply just want to relax with a good game will find the 360 and PS3 controllers much more favorable. (Of course, I'm still a believer that the PS3 controller is a copycat of the Wiimote and only lacks rumble because Sony was too cheap to settle a lawsuit with the company that developed the rumble technology in the PS2 remote)

Don't get me wrong. I think the Wii will have a much better Holiday season than the PS3, but that is only due to greater supply and a cheaper cost to the consumer. I think that in the end, consumers will be disappointed with the Wii. I only say that because I feel that the Wii will have a stale feeling to it by the end of the console cycle. I give Nintendo credit, they have gone off the wall with this one and they aren't even bothering to target gamers with this console. They thought out of the box and are going after non-gamers. I just think after the novelty of the Wii wears off, people will move on to what I call the "big boy" consoles: the Xbox 360 and the PS3. I just feel what MS and Sony offer are more robust than what the Wii will give us.

Takura

Post by Takura » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:48 am

I have a PS3 and a Wii pre-ordered and I already have a 360 so.. :p

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:00 am

Takura wins. I wish I had that kind of money.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:10 am

I'll be getting PS3 about this time in two years lol. I'll be buying it when FF XIII comes out. But hey Final Fantasy XII is coming out in four days and I'll be the first mother fucker in my local gamestop. I'm getting collectors everything on it. Damn you Square-enix taking advantage of my fan boyness to make me spend extra money.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:53 am

Actually the games were designed on the Wii so that you don't have to swing the controller in exagerrated motions like you see in the promo videos, although you can, a simple nudge of the controller will also work just as well, so you probably won't get tired at all playing the games (unless the game was designed to give you a workout). Here is a quote from Gamepro magazine:

"We've actually started to play a lot of the Wii recently, especially since developers and publishers are now actively previewing their games, and we have to say all those Nintendo press screen shots are rather deceptive.
Most games won't have you waving the Wii remote around like a mad man. A lot of what we've played has you sitting down on your couch, with your elbows resting on your knees. Another thing to keep in mind is that most games have multiple control schemes. While certain actions require rigorous actions with the Wii remote and Nunchuk, the entire game isn't just one motion, repeat, and serve. From what we've seen and played, the Wii-mote offers a plethora of control options."

I am far more excited with what the Wii has to offer simply because it's different and most of the games on the 360 and PS3 are pretty much "been there, done that" games. But don't take my word for it, here's a vid from IGN.com in 2 parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgLxUBJI ... ed&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1tEX5vT ... ed&search=