Congrats to RID

A place for members to discuss general information about RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:04 pm

Your speech was excellent lexx; however I'm very disappointed in the behavior of RID. SHC was kind enough to open this summit to all imperials, not just guild leaders and look what happens. I would assume a another meeting will be held in the near future to discuss the specifics of the network, and I doubt it will be open to all imperials.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

RettVescan
Staff Sergeant

Post by RettVescan » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:36 am

So what was the decoration that Veers presented to everyone?

Issele
Captain

Post by Issele » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:50 pm

Apium wrote:Your speech was excellent lexx; however I'm very disappointed in the behavior of RID. SHC was kind enough to open this summit to all imperials, not just guild leaders and look what happens. I would assume a another meeting will be held in the near future to discuss the specifics of the network, and I doubt it will be open to all imperials.

I agree, Lexx's speech was great. It's been awhile since we have had one of these and I am hoping once we start having them on a regular bases, that people will behave better.

I think an Imperial Roundtable with leaders only might be needed before the next Conference. If I remember correctly ARMED has a nice place in which to host a meeting for that. I also suggested to Lexx that RID should host the next Conference, it needs to be in a secure building is the only thing. Lexx, if you would like my help with this, let me know.

Also what is the word on the Network website? After I help Pex pass out the awards and assisting with the event, I kind of was brain fried. We had tech issue when one of Pex's pc's crashed ( he runs these events on 2 pcs) so things did not go as planned but we did our best to handle the issue. :D

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:15 pm

I think Svaart offered to post up the forums... cant remember.

I agree the behavior can use some work, but glad you liked the speech. The reward is an armor attachment named, "Presented to RID by General Veers (9/24/06)." I have it hanging up in the city hall.

I'd be happy to form the next Imperial conference. Thing is we dont have an official building for Imperial network meetings. The best thing would be the guild hall, but it's kind of cramped and doesn't have much audience seating.

Erougn
Captain

Post by Erougn » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:38 pm

If we're done patting ourselves on the back and peepee whacking for bad behavior (btw which wasn't so bad), I'd like to offer some critical points.

The ceremonial part of it was cute, but the point was to discuss co-operation between the guilds. Not generalities like "we need to be a team", but specifics like "we need to focus on pvp area a". There was none of that in the official meeting. If I wanted to go to a parade I'd wait for Vader to land. Enough said there.

I was disappointed that space wasn't even brought up. Do any of you people realize that deep space is where the Empire is suffering our biggest losses? Of course my focus is different than yours, but a fact is a fact. As hard as I've tried, we still don't have enough Aces to guarantee 0 rebel presence in DS, the best I've been able to do is a few hours here and there. We need more pilots, more ships, and more Imperial guilds involved. But if RID's Navy needs to do that on our own, let me know.

Finally, going back to some behavioral issues at the meeting. If Sirkillalot left or was booted for his actions that is bullshit. I don't PvP, but I do listen in on Ventrillo, and he is a big part of why RID has props for holding the forts. He's a good man and has earned our support.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:59 pm

I do agree, this was a generalized meeting. But it's impossible to cover every specific with a hundred people. That's something to be done at a leadership meeting... where maybe 3 or 5 representatives from each guild sits down, and has a serious conversation. This meeting was only a step forward to getting guilds together. Come to think of it, I think I was TOO specific in my speech. I was covering how exactly leadership could work, and blah blah blah. But it's difficult to concentrate on specific points... juggling between the speech, sending tells, and trying to remember what you said/going to say. It's easy to be distracted.

Space could have been covered, but even ground wasn't covered all that much. The speech was generalized as said earlier... why not speak about crafting? Role play? There were many topics that could have been covered, but weren't covered due to the lack of time available. Again, the intricate details of the Network need to be covered in a quiet, secure, relaxed environement... not a hectic environment, with tons of people... regardless if anyone behaves or not makes no difference.

This was just the first meeting. There is still to be maybe one more public meeting, several leader meetings, and we need the forums set up before we can get down to the specifics of PvP bases or space. The first step is to get everyone on the same page, and work from there. I dont feel anyone undermines the importance of space. They'll always be dedicated units that strive in space, or several other aspects.

As for Sirkillalot... I'm not saying that I dont like Sirkillalot, or any other member as a person. There is just a right way and a wrong way to present yourself. It's one thing to act up around your own friends in guild chat, but not in a public location where others may be offended. Sirkillalot left on his own account so that RID wouldn't be held responsible. I doubt it wouldn't have made a difference either way, but that's what happened. I do give him props for whatever he has done for RID. I have already gotten over the behavioral aspect of the meeting... in retrospect it's just a good way to experiment how everyone does for future meetings, when things become more important.

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:35 pm

Kill said he would rejoin whenever he could, so just say the word. Hes a good guy, just a little crazy at times, but hey....hes from Texas, so dont blame him too much.

Erougn
Captain

Post by Erougn » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:44 pm

LexxYovel wrote:
1- Space could have been covered, but even ground wasn't covered all that much. The speech was generalized as said earlier... why not speak about crafting? Role play? There were many topics that could have been covered, but weren't covered due to the lack of time available.

2- Sirkillalot left on his own account so that RID wouldn't be held responsible.

My replies;

1- Agreed

2- Then he should be reinstated, immediately. With your permission, I will do it if you're not on-line.

Erougn
Captain

Post by Erougn » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:55 pm

To be honest, a meeting like this is like being in a foreign country. I underestimate the importance of protocol and don't speak the language. I have always been in combat only teams (mechwarrior and some ww2 flight sims for the most part) where there was no politics, only blood.

Next meeting I'll sit in my office and send a better dancer to the ball.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:43 pm

Sirkill should wait at least a week before he rejoins. No one will act like that again in a public place wearing, or previously wearing the RID tag. I don't care who it is, I'll remove him, even lexx lol.

And your right Erougn this is politics. We'll save the politics for the private summits, and the publics can be meaningless pep rallys.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:54 pm

Sirkillot needs to wait maybe 2 weeks minimum before even being able to try and rejoin. It's not that I'm evil, it's just that we need to set an example somehow.

The point is I dont want to reinstate him so soon.

And yep, I understand the feeling of being in a "foreign country." It's definitely not comfortable. But overtime the awkwardness will pass and we can hopefully speak to one another as if they were fellow guild members.

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:01 pm

lol i found the chat pics funny ...but this doesnt mean that i would act like some members in RID did ...

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:42 pm

Lexx, you arent friends with yourself anymore?

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:09 pm

telemchus wrote:Lexx, you arent friends with yourself anymore?

Lol, I knew it was only a moment of time untill someone brought that up :lol:

If you want to know the truth... I always keep myself on my friends list, and I accidentally removed myself...