A Guide to Mastering the Ancient Art of Teräs Käsi

A place for members to discuss general information about RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Monthigos
Warrant Officer II

Post by Monthigos » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:01 am

Everitt Cage is the man. He's got a couple of these things, including one for Jedi and one for becoming a Mandalorian. I'm working on the Mandalorian one:

http://soe.lithium.com/swg/board/message?board.id=swggpdiscussion&message.id=1101059&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:09 am

These are well written, but why bother? Seriously.. to me he's a puppet, creating content so SOE doesn't have to, and paying them as well.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:35 am

its just a RP guide. I would never do one of those though, they are to popular. My main is a merchant of House Auvair, and my alt is an ex mistryl shadow guard
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Takura

Post by Takura » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:00 am

If the players dont add content, who will?

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:34 pm

you should just play a different game where the devs actually do their job!! SOE should be the ones holding rallies, staging events for the players to come to. Or else, pay the ones who do all this stuff for the community. Ok, maybe if SOE didn't completely suck, it would be alright to do stuff to stengthen the community, because SOE does their part to make the game great otherwise. But no, we get CU, we get NGE, we get screwed over/scammed/whatever because they don't care about the existing player base, they care about luring new people, more casual gamers into the game by dumbing it down severely (dead horse I know..). But, the game/SOE does not deserve the kind of people we have planning events for it. Think about it... when you hold an event such as, say, an Imperial Summit or whatever.. SOE is laughing, because you are paying them, and still doing their job. If the game were free, great, yeah.. do stuff to help the community.. it's volunteering, but not when you pay THEM... it's just being a sucker. ESPECIALLY after all SOE has done for us.. god bless their souls.

(as I said the exception would be if SOE was making a great game, but instead they're working hard to make a crappy game appear to be less crap, but in the end, it's still crap)

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:21 pm

Its not SOE, SOE has done a great game with EQ2. Its just this one team.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:21 pm

I'll play when i can ACTUALLY be a teras kasi

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:54 pm

ok maybe not base SOE around this one game, but for this one game, and team working on the game... I wouldn't be bending over backwards for them

Gesro

Post by Gesro » Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:59 pm

I like the whole premise of the system, it's great for RP and such, but when you get to a point it probably won't be rewarding to train anyone anymore.