The GAT Thread

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:48 am

Leviathen wrote:
Apium wrote:
Leviathen wrote:
Apium wrote:Its hardly dead when half the country of Japan preorders every Final Fantasy. In my opinion GTA is dead, I played the third, bought the fourth and haven't touched the fifth.

fourth?, FIFTH?! ...last I heard the lasted was 3, vice city, and san andraes with the IV coming out fall next year.

theres GTA I, GTA II, GTA 3, vice city, and then san andreas. Everyone forgets about GTA 1 and 2. They sucked ass, rockstar didn't get it right the first time. What did you think they started with GTA 3?

One was FREAKING AWESOME, two was terrible.

wasn't one stick figures?
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:03 am

stick figures PWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:12 am

Not stick figures, but two dimensional, with an over head view. I was actuallyplaying it yesterday after you guys mentioned it.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:57 am

GTA is gay, now Halo is awesome (along with halo2)

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:30 am

Halo 2 is alright for a console shooter.. the first GTA was pretty good for it's time.. on the other hand.. RED STEEL AND MP3!! omg you can aim the gunzz!! /puts on his Nintendo T-Shirt

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:08 am

Gears of war for console shooter of which ever year it releases, its going to grind halo into the dirt.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:26 am

Gears of War should be a damn good game. Of course, I don't think it will do as well as Halo does. Why? Because it is a Third Person Shooter. I just can't picture the die-hard Halo gamers converting from first-person to third-person gaming. It's kind of like playing Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter on the 360 and then playing Socom over on the PS2.

But just for all the Halo 2 haters out there, it is still the number one played game on Xbox Live. Of course, that either means there are no other games worth playing on live or Halo 2 is just that great of a multiplayer game. I personally think it is a combination of both. The matchmaking system the game has is simply amazing. It's very rare that I play somebody in Halo 2 that I have played before. On the other hand, other Live enabled games don't quite have the matchmaking system that Halo 2 has. On some games, that can work for them. But for the most part, I think it actually hurts other games. The matchmaking is so easy to use that it makes online play easy and enjoyable.

My only complaint about Halo 2's matchmaking system is that you cannot advertise custom games. There are days when I would just rather pick and choose the games I play rather than jump into some pre-made game variant. Or I'd like to create a custom game and have people other than just my friends be able to find it. Seriously, how hard would a custom game browser be to make???

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:32 am

Battlefield 2 Modern Combat is another good X-Box Live game, it can't hold a candle to the PC version but it's pretty good for a console game

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:00 pm

has everyone forgotten about ut2k7 for ps3?!!? :x :x :shock: :shock:

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:20 pm

Dragonus wrote:has everyone forgotten about ut2k7 for ps3?!!? :x :x :shock: :shock:

It's UT. It's always been a great FPS series, but there's nothing spectacular about it.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:38 pm

So Kurke you hear what RCR was acussed of after the race?

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:55 pm

question... u can carry any knive less dan 4 inches if its conceled right?

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:19 pm

That rule differs everywhere, I think it is two inches where I live.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:42 pm

why would you want to carry a knife?

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:47 pm

well i kinda has a close run in with 5 guys the other day and i dont wanna get beaten up .. not dat i will actually stab someone i aint dat crazy but u never kno... specialy since i take late trains sometimes after seeing a movie with friends