The GAT Thread

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:16 pm

Leviathen wrote:wow, that is a lot less than I thought the Wii would be... I swore it was reported at $400ish range.

Nintendo has been saying for months that the system would be under US $250, they announced the official price 2 days ago in a secret underground bunker safe from X-Boxistan's missle silos

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:05 pm

Apium wrote:
Ri'Me wrote:
Sony recently announced that it would ready 400,000 PS3s in North America and another 100,000 in Japan for the system's launch. Nintendo said it plans to ship 4 million Wii units worldwide by the end of the year.

Things aren't looking good for Sony based on this.. low console numbers, hefty price, same old games... Nintendo could clean up at launch.

they are considering delaying it again. I don't care what sony does I just want my Final Fantasy. I orgasm everytime I hear about Final Fantasy 12, and its only a couple months away. I bought Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus, beat it in two days. It wasn't nearly enough to quench my Final Fantasy thirst though.

Since Square isn't under Sony's finger anymore (at elast it appears that way), I imagine you will see your FF games come to the other consoles. With developmental costs going through the roof, it will be inevitable. The only exclusive content for consoles nowadays will be whatever is developed my the big three's in-house studios.

And yes, Nintendo has been saying for some time now that the Wii will be cheaper than the other consoles. I was actually a little surprised it is only $50 cheaper than the 360 Core... I thought it would have went for $200 instead.

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:33 pm

Yeah I was hoping it was gonna be under $200 but since they're throwing in Wii Sports and added extra features to the Wii (weather channel thing, photo editing, etc) the price isn't that bad I think

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:41 pm

Really starting to sound like I am going to get a Wii

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:15 pm

No Square-Enix will never realize a major final fantasy on any console other than a sony one, that they have said. Yea they made a RPG or two for the other consoles, but it was the Square-Enix special team, not the big guys who are working on games such as Final Fantasy 12 and 13. Besides remember where Square-Enix is based, Japan. Sony will always be more popular in Japan, just like Square-Enix is and will always be more popular in Japan.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:17 pm

all I care about is Xbox!!!!

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:16 pm

Apium wrote:No Square-Enix will never realize a major final fantasy on any console other than a sony one, that they have said. Yea they made a RPG or two for the other consoles, but it was the Square-Enix special team, not the big guys who are working on games such as Final Fantasy 12 and 13. Besides remember where Square-Enix is based, Japan. Sony will always be more popular in Japan, just like Square-Enix is and will always be more popular in Japan.

Money talks. If the GTA series is going across all three consoles with their next release, other developers will surely follow. (Yeah, the 360 get's it a week before eveyrone else. Then all the consoles get it) Just because Square is out of Japan doesn't mean anything. Yeah, the Japanese faithful will always flock to them, but why limit yourself when you can develop for all three consoles and effectively triple your profit? Trust me, it is only a matter of time.

I understand the Japanese are uber faithful to their companies and all, but when will they realize that Sony is force feeding them a piece of shit console that is overpriced?

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:23 pm

I hate all of that Japanese stuff...

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:29 pm

Kurke_Aumea wrote:
Apium wrote:No Square-Enix will never realize a major final fantasy on any console other than a sony one, that they have said. Yea they made a RPG or two for the other consoles, but it was the Square-Enix special team, not the big guys who are working on games such as Final Fantasy 12 and 13. Besides remember where Square-Enix is based, Japan. Sony will always be more popular in Japan, just like Square-Enix is and will always be more popular in Japan.

I understand the Japanese are uber faithful to their companies and all, but when will they realize that Sony is force feeding them a piece of shit console that is overpriced?

thats a little too far. Check out the the trailer for Final Fantasy 13. Looks like the PS2 Final Fantasy FMVs except that its gameplay. No one can call the PS3 a piece of shit console after seeing that, and don't even try to deny that it is not gameplay.

Heres a link, yes a couple scenes are not gameplay. Notice the transition between FMV and gameplay though, the graphics don't change.

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/826/826843/vids_1.html

Kalice- Master Architect

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:08 pm

First, you're a brainwashed Sony fanboy. :P

Second, so what if it is pretty? It takes more than that to be a good game.

Third, it's a piece of shit console because of the way Sony is trying to portray it as. People want a gaming console, not a home entertainment system (Sorry, but no one except technophiles care about Blu-Ray).

Fourth, it's overpriced to boot. OK, maybe if it had all of the features gamers were promised at E3 2005, it might be worth the money but it's nothing but an overpriced 360 and Wii wannabe.

Btw, I'll laugh when the PS3 games aren't as pretty as what everyone thinks they will be. And I'm referring to gameplay, not pre-rendered cutscenes.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:11 pm

First/Last, you're a brainwashed Sony hater.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:29 pm

Its not Sony, not in consoles. I love SOE, and I love Sony computers. Its Square-Enix, you insult Square-Enix by insulting the PS3 which is their console of choice. Besides there has been no Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts that hasn't sold out the first day. If you watched the trailer you can't deny it wasn't gameplay, and like I said when its Final Fantasy you know its quality.

Just take an inventory of the games I own.

Final Fantasy seven through ten-two.
Two Dyansty warriors
Both Kingdom Hearts.
And GTA.

Thats it, seven Square-Enix, two koei, 1 rockstar. Besides final fantasy its nothing I can't get from another console.

Kalice- Master Architect

Jaysont
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Jaysont » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:38 pm

completly away from what you guys are talking about but i won't be on because my net is going all dodgy and being realy slow took me 10mins to load this thread, i don't know when it will be fixed so thought i would let yall know.

P.S. apium could ya put some matenaince on those houses i placed for you since i dunno when i'll be back.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:39 pm

Jaysont wrote:completly away from what you guys are talking about but i won't be on because my net is going all dodgy and being realy slow took me 10mins to load this thread, i don't know when it will be fixed so thought i would let yall know.

P.S. apium could ya put some matenaince on those houses i placed for you since i dunno when i'll be back.

already took care of it mate, I have like 70 days worth of maitenance in each

Kalice- Master Architect

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:22 pm

Apium wrote:Its not Sony, not in consoles. I love SOE, and I love Sony computers. Its Square-Enix, you insult Square-Enix by insulting the PS3 which is their console of choice. Besides there has been no Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts that hasn't sold out the first day. If you watched the trailer you can't deny it wasn't gameplay, and like I said when its Final Fantasy you know its quality.

Just take an inventory of the games I own.

Final Fantasy seven through ten-two.
Two Dyansty warriors
Both Kingdom Hearts.
And GTA.

Thats it, seven Square-Enix, two koei, 1 rockstar. Besides final fantasy its nothing I can't get from another console.

I insult Square by insulting the PS3? Whatever you're smoking, please pass it over here!!!

Whatever man. I won't deny that Square has some quality products that are extremely popular. They're not exactly my cup of tea, but people do like square games.

The PS3 may be their console of choice, but a day will come where the only exclusive titles being made for the PS3, 360, and Wii are by first party developers. And since Sony doesn't have Square on their payroll like they used to, it's only a matter of time before you see a FF game released simultanesouly on the PS3, 360, and even the Wii. At the very least, you will see something similar to what is going on with the next GTA game. It will be exclusive to the 360 for... one week.

Just because I hold a low opion of Sony and their PS3 doesn't mean I hold one for Square. By only beef with Square is that they've beat the dead horse that is FF for way too long. Or maybe I just fail to comprehend what is so great about the FF franchise.