The GAT Thread

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:19 pm

Apium wrote:We didn't say anything either, not that I really care. Lots of people die, we'll get over it, they'll get over it, everyone will get over it.

yea ur right i hate those cornball stories that news channels make on survivors ... we heard it once, no need for 4 more times
Last edited by Dragonus on Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:19 pm

We should have off for steve irwin day :(
Columbus doesnt deserve to have a day off, he raped the native americans.

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:23 pm

telemchus wrote:We should have off for steve irwin day :(
Columbus doesnt deserve to have a day off, he raped the native americans.

lol wurd ... i just saw on dah news some people killed a few stingray's in the name of steve irwin ... poeple should realize an animal doesnt know any better

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:34 pm

I think we marked the day... I mean, can you name one event thats occured in your life span thats effected the world more?

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:41 pm

do those people honestly think that Irwen would want them to kill stingrays?!?!?!?!?!?!? He was obsessed with wildlife poeple!!!!!

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:07 am

we need more than a GAT thread, we need a GAT board. If you don't allow non swg threads to be created we will have 15 different dicussions in this one thread.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:14 am

Yeah, well Kurke is being a bit rediculous atm.

If we're going to do this, turn RID Chat into a cantina fourm thats just swg/rid chat and make an open fourm as well.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:32 am

Frankly I don't blame Kurke but look at the names of the other boards Its all in game or RID stuff isn't this what this board about?!?!?!?! Its just chatting with other members!!!!!! Yes some threads should be locked but not all of them. No Kurke I am definetely not flaming you!!!!

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:24 pm

omg I agree with waucod someone shot me before it happens again.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:25 pm

Apium wrote:omg I agree with waucod someone shot me before it happens again.

Even....gulp....dare I say it? I agree with Waucod on this one!

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:00 pm

woah! lockfest today...

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:28 pm

you're very observant...

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:33 pm

I'll tell you guys what I told Lev when he sent me a PM. You guys wanted me to get strict, so I'm showing you how strict things can be. I'm simply proving a point. Did I get carried away? Perhaps. But I'm doing what's required given the circumstances.

Here's the deal, I don't mind having a few off topic threads, but you all went a little overboard. And having a thread where we decide if Waucod is worthy of being here is rediculous. At first it was mild fun, then everyone got carried away and it turned into a witch hunt. So, I had to show what it's like if you want me to go by the book.

I'll also answer a question that only Lev has asked about and that is why I didn't lock a lot of the older off-topic threads. It's real easy, I'm too lazy to go searching through the pages of RID Chat simply to find off-topic threads. I have a personal rule where i really don't lock anything if the thread is more than a month old or on the second page. If someone has the bright idea to go necro-posting, then I'll break out the uber-lock again.

Now, here's some ground rules for you all. I don't care if you guys have a few off-topic threads. It reall doesn't bother me that much as long as you stay on topic and keep the threads to a minimum. Have one movie thread, not five. Have one modding thread, not three. Stay on topic in the threads and I'll even be nice and sticky everything.

Here's for the part where I agree with the rest of you. I think we're finally at a point where we need a GAT forum. Obviously, RID Chat is destined to turn into a GAT board at the rate it is going. In the past, I've never pushed for a GAT forum simply because there weren't enough off-topic posts to really warrant it. I don't know if it is simply because of RID's growth or that so many old RID's are sticking around, but I think the time has come where we may need a whole forum for GAT stuff.

Also, kudos to Lev for PMing me rather than calling me out on the forums.

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:36 pm

In honor of Kurke's recent lesson, I present.....novelty t-shirts!

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:38 pm

Very nice, but it should be red!!! lol