The GAT Thread

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:10 pm

like I'm gonna read all of this... So Kurke what do you think of Mayfield moving to Davis Racing for 2007?

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:46 am

Lev, I'll be sure to let you know how I'm doing it. I think I'm either going to say that "this just isn't working the way I thought it would" or that i'm seeing someone else (which is kind of true anyways). I'm still debating. I have until next weekend to really make up my mind.

Waucod, I think it is a good move considering his options that were available. Let's face it, Yates Racing is not a good place to be at this point. There's so muh restructuring ging on there, they ARE better off with two rookies than anyone else. That way Yates can groom his drivers to be his pets.

I think BDR will have a pretty good year next year. If Toyata comes into the Cup series like they came into the Truck series, BDR could be especially good. I think either BDR or Team Red Bull are going to be the standout Toyota teams next year. Micheal Waltrip is just biting off more than he can chew with his new race teams. I mean, he is tryig to form three teams all at once. That's just too much to see good results in.

I personally believe that Mayfield, Vickers, and Blaney could all walk away with one or more wins next year. We know Mayfield an win when he has good equipment and good personel under him. Vickers has been knocking on on victory lane's door for too long now. And Blaney is well overdue for a win. I know, you all might bash Blaney's driving skill, but he is as good as Stewart when he is in good equipment. (And don't say RCR equipment was the best, because before 2006 is was all junk. childress finally got the right idea in teh fall of '05 which is why he is so good this year with his three teams)

I do think Toyota is going to make the Dodge boys g cry to their mommas next year. Tackling the Chevy and Ford boys is another task though...

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:24 pm

bah, we dodged this racing talk for many GAT pages, but alas, it has returned.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:49 pm

Kurke how about last nights race and tonights?!?!?!?!?!? and I think Vickers has the best chance to win next as far as Toyota's goes.

And as for RYR I think Gilliland is overated and Stephen Leicht is gonna be a top 15 cotender weekly...

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:24 am

Both races were quite good. Kenseth worked for both wins. Passing Harvick on the outside for the Busch win is no easy task at Bristol. You're right, Vickers probably has the best chance for Toyota's first win, but he has to make the races first. His team will have no status in the top 35 in the first five races for '07, so he will have to qualify on time alone. Since he can't rely on owners points to get in, he is already a step behind a few other teams. I still think you will see some surprises out of Bill Davis Racing next year.

As for RYR, I think Gilliland is a good driver, but neither him or Leicht are ready for cup level racing yet. Admittedly, Gilliland was the first Busch guy to beat cup drivers in a Bush race while driving for a part time team, but that was Busch and this is Cup. The teams and equipment are different and better. There is good news for RYR though. The people who work in the body shop shouldn't have to worry about job security for a long time... lol

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:12 pm

good point...

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:17 am

wow one hell of a night. Ever had your car break down in the centre lane of a 80km/h street with no four way flashers? I have now.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:54 am

Leviathen wrote:wow one hell of a night. Ever had your car break down in the centre lane of a 80km/h street with no four way flashers? I have now.

is that like 65 mph?
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:15 am

wow so dangerous how did you survive?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:00 am

by standing on the side of the road watching cars almsot hit mine.

and I have no idea what it is in miles per hour.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:00 pm

it is The US is gay and its units of measurment are so retarded that they make Waucod look smart...

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:54 pm

80kmh = 50mph

It's amazing what a simple google search can yield...

I do know what it's like blowing a tire in downtown Pittsburgh and then having to drive like 10 miles down a road where the speed limit goes from 35mph to 55mph, but everyone does 20mph over the limit... Could I have gone a different way? Probably, but my gf didn't know any other way to get to her house... Thank you GM for a full size spare!!!

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:06 am

I'm surprised my car hasn't had problems ever before. It's 10 years old with 250 000km and this was the first thing to happen to it. Course was a pain in the ass.

At least you had four way flashers Kurke :P

The funniest was watching people stop behind my car and honk at it, i mean for god's sake, there was no one even in the car.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:01 pm

Yeah, I had four-way flashers, but that doesn't mean I wasn't scared shitless as I was poking down a road with no shoulder and cars zipping by me...

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:34 pm

I can't drive yet!!!!!!!!