Lets play the Guess Everyone's Desktop game!!!!!

A place for members to discuss general information about RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:34 pm

Apium wrote:
Dragonus wrote:
Kurke_Aumea wrote:Props to Drag for getting pretty close to my system specs. Here are the specs for my desktop computer:

Intel 2.8GHz Pentium 4
2GB PC3200 RAM
1 320GB HDD (<--- The new one)
1 120GB HDD (<--- Slave drive)
256MB GeForce FX5900 Video Card by Albatron

If you want more specs, let me know. I do have a 160GB (I think) SATA drive hiding in my case, but it's not hooked up. Something about my motherboard just doesn't like my SATA drives. Actually, I think it's something between Windows XP and my motherboard. I have Windows Vista installed on my SATA drive and it works fine. As for my case, it's a custom case I picked up off eBay.

As for what image is on my desktop, well... You'll never guess it. lol

cheers close enough !!!! nice specs ... when i get back from vacation i wanna rebuilt my comp .. . going for SLI setup for 2 fx5900 of 512 mb and 4 g`s of ram ... i havent tried windows vista yet tho ... since my windows version is a pirated one and the newset update keeps on showing that i need to get a legal one o_0 but i will buy a original vista version once it comes out

why would you have pirated windows?

cuz i built it from ground up and didnt have eneough to buy a original windows soo i got cd from friend o_0

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:46 pm

Actually, if you can download the beta copy of Vista from somewhere, you can easily find a crack for it. Once you crack it so that it will run, you can actually crack it so that the 14 day evaluation never expires. Come on, for as many uber-geeks as MS has there are ten times as many on the outside world...

Dragonus

Post by Dragonus » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:50 pm

Kurke_Aumea wrote:Actually, if you can download the beta copy of Vista from somewhere, you can easily find a crack for it. Once you crack it so that it will run, you can actually crack it so that the 14 day evaluation never expires. Come on, for as many uber-geeks as MS has there are ten times as many on the outside world...

soo did u trial it or make it so it works after 14 day? my bro doesnt want me to do it soo will just buy it ... i get bored of dowloading crap for my comp like Maya and Photoshop ...

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:47 pm

this is way off topic
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:20 am

mine ^[/img]

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:15 am

what is all of that Lev?

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:43 am

You're missing Monkey Island!

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:33 am

What is it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:12 am

It's a bunch of point and click adventure games from the late 80's and early 90's I think, plus a few other classic computer games, one I recognize is Sim City.. he's missing Monkey Island though, one of the greatest point and click games ever :P

If you haven't played The Secret of Monkey Island check it out, it's great

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:03 am

hey lev you do realize your internet explorer shortcut has a firefox icon?
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:46 am

Yeah I do actually. When I downloaded firefox it imposed itself on my internet explorer, but I only use the icons next to my start button, so it doesn't really matter.

I have never played monkey island and if you can find me a copy to download, I'd love to play it.

It is Commander Keen 1-3, Kings Quest 5/6, Police Quest, the original Sim City, and Codename: Iceman, all great games.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Issele
Captain

Post by Issele » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:42 pm

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:58 pm

Ahhh! /cowers at Iss's desktop

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:33 pm

Leviathen wrote:Yeah I do actually. When I downloaded firefox it imposed itself on my internet explorer, but I only use the icons next to my start button, so it doesn't really matter.

I have never played monkey island and if you can find me a copy to download, I'd love to play it.

It is Commander Keen 1-3, Kings Quest 5/6, Police Quest, the original Sim City, and Codename: Iceman, all great games.

I can send it to you over MSN if you want

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:55 pm

Ri'Me wrote:It's a bunch of point and click adventure games from the late 80's and early 90's I think, plus a few other classic computer games, one I recognize is Sim City.. he's missing Monkey Island though, one of the greatest point and click games ever :P

If you haven't played The Secret of Monkey Island check it out, it's great

like I would know...