The GAT Thread

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Vogik

Post by Vogik » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:57 pm

Oh.. and Kurke.. Instead of just having a GAT thread.. why dont we just have a whole section with General Chat.. That'll reduce garbage in these swg sections

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:07 pm

It's a truck. That's what makes it special. Plus, it drives pretty nice. If only the dang rear view mirror would stay on. It's fallen off twice in the past year... Oh well, she's a great little pickup. I got it with 125,000 miles on it in February 2005 and I'm about ready to turn 148,000 miles. She runs quite well for having so many miles on her.

I mean, find a woman that rides that well after having that many miles on her.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:30 pm

Hmm I'm pretty sure I just went through the entire forums and non of the new posts seemed like something i should reply too so I thought I should make a post saying this.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:42 pm

When in doubt, post in the GAT!!!

Vogik

Post by Vogik » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:42 pm

i'm hungry :?

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:09 pm

I don't get a car for another 4 years!!!! And Apium I do that all of the time go throught the old days of the GAT thread when it was only me Kurke and Leviathen and occassionally someone else who is in for a conversation. Then they leave when we get pointless.

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:14 pm

I dont wish to comment on this topic, heh heh...

*changes subject*

so anyone play Fight Night Round 3 on X Box Live?

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:55 am

i drive a 96 Civic, but my family also owns an echo and a matrix. I doubt I would invest money into customizing my car unless I really had money to burn, its not worth it to me. That civic keeps running though, it has almost 250 000km on it and nothing has failed. The engine warning light came on for a but it went away :P

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Vogik

Post by Vogik » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:22 am

Leviathen wrote:i drive a 96 Civic, but my family also owns an echo and a matrix. I doubt I would invest money into customizing my car unless I really had money to burn, its not worth it to me. That civic keeps running though, it has almost 250 000km on it and nothing has failed. The engine warning light came on for a but it went away :P
civic's woo wooo! My civic only has 13k miles on it :D

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:30 am

See, I don't really understand why people trick out their rides. I mean, if they have the money to do so, great. But when you are driving a certified POS and you have spinners on it... COME ON!!!!

That's like my friend. He is married and has a one year old kid. Somehow, he places a priority on tricking out his Sunfire. Nevermind moving out of the apartment above his parents' garage or improving his quality of life... Then he gets jealous at me when I buy a 360, or a HDTV, or surround sound, or nice furniture to my bedroom...

I guess I'm a little more practical...

I always get a kick out of my friends. They're always like, "How come you don't put a woofer or some speakers in your truck?" Guys, it's a truck. I haul stuff in it. It gets me from point A to point B. Why should I bother wasting my money on tricking out my truck? The only thing I plan on doing to it is maybe get it painted this summer. Ohio weather will eat a vehicle...

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:00 am

yeah exactly.. it's like, I know you saw Fast and the Furious but give me a break..

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:23 am

I have live in the south there are some dumbasses here. You don't know how many times i've heard of a dumbass buying 10 thousand dollar rims and not having a car to put them on.

Kalice- Master Architect

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:54 am

We rent rims up here. Too many people on welfare and social security. Because of that, there are companies that rent rims on a monthly and weekly basis. Yes, weekly... They spent all of their government money to put spinners on an old, rusted out Lincoln Town Car wil bullet holes in it. I'm not talking the bullet hole stickers (which are retarded too), but actual bullet holes.

Yeah, avoid the east side of Youngstown, OH if you can...

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:25 pm

Kurke_Aumea wrote:We rent rims up here. Too many people on welfare and social security. Because of that, there are companies that rent rims on a monthly and weekly basis. Yes, weekly... They spent all of their government money to put spinners on an old, rusted out Lincoln Town Car wil bullet holes in it. I'm not talking the bullet hole stickers (which are retarded too), but actual bullet holes.

Yeah, avoid the east side of Youngstown, OH if you can...

Wtf is youngstown? is this like the hood in ohio? Why don't I see this anywhere else in ohio?

Granted I don't really go anywhere except where all the old rich people live. My grandpa just sold his house on lake erie. So I'll be going up one more time this summer to go to cedar point and spent some time on the lake. After that I'm done with out of state stuff until college.

Kalice- Master Architect

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:45 pm

Youngstown, OH was the steel capital of the world back in the middle 20th century. Once the steel left, everything started going downhill. Youngstown once had a pupulation of almost 200,000 people. Now it is right around 85,000. There are now several low-income housing areas around the city. There are numerous "projects." Gangs still run around, but were worse back in the mid 90's. Luckily, most of the gangsters killed themselves off so gang activity went down.

Mostly, the east and north sides of the city are the worst. The south side makes the news every now and then, but the west side seems like it's always quiet. Downtown Youngstown is probably the safest place to be, despite what the popular opinion is. There's so many clubs and museums and restaurants in downtown, it can be a pretty fun place. The city has done a good job of removing the blight in downtown. I just wish they'd focus their efforts on some of the neighborhoods as well.

I know, it sounds like such a dismal description of the town, but things are actually getting a lot better. Downtown is starting to shine. YSU is a great place for the city and The Butler Museum of Art is one of the top rated museums in the country. YSU is currently in negotiations with the city to build a new business school in downtown and a special interest group is working to demolish a neighborhood behind YSU and replace it with condos, apartments, restaurants, and other things you'd expect to see in a higher income area.

There's a lot of work left for the city to do, but they've made big strides in the past few years. If they could only kick out the lazy and the poor, the city would turn itself around quickly. Still, the city is trying to rebound and doing a good job of it so far.

As for myself, I live out in the country to the north so I don't have to deal with Youngstown until I go to school.

Apium, where was your grandfather's house on the lake? Also, take me with you if you ever go to Cedar Point. I have a roller coaster addiction that none of my friends seem to share. I didn't make it to the Point last year, but I did go to Geauga Lake. The Lake is a good substitute, but it can't replace the coasters at the Point. I need a Millenium Force and Top Thrill Dragster fix. I'm going thru coaster withdrawl!!!!