The GAT Thread

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Thu May 25, 2006 7:38 am

lol, I felt I had to reply /shrugs

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Thu May 25, 2006 2:17 pm

Ri'Me wrote:I'm going to Niagara College in January to do a computer engineering course then programming next september which is why I was wondering how hard programming was. I dropped out of high school in 2000, went back to school since and got my grade 12, now I'm doing a math course I need to get into the programming and engineering courses in college. I gotta look into the courses I'm taking more but I think I should be alright.

I haven't seen LOST, but not everyone is going to die because they need to make more episodes

Thats what I'm doing also. Computer Engineering that is, with emphasis on software. I'll probably go to CASE Western Reserve University, I'm gonna make my parents go bankrupt with that 45k a year tution.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Thu May 25, 2006 6:10 pm

Apium, you're going to be like 45 minutes away from me. I can show you how to party Youngstown style... On that note, bring your Kevlar and some Colt 45...

Yes, now you know why I live up north in the country. Youngstown once had the highest crime rate in the country.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Thu May 25, 2006 6:42 pm

Kurke_Aumea wrote:Apium, you're going to be like 45 minutes away from me. I can show you how to party Youngstown style... On that note, bring your Kevlar and some Colt 45...

Yes, now you know why I live up north in the country. Youngstown once had the highest crime rate in the country.

Living up north in the country can't be as bad as living in the south in the country. At least you don't have to deal with a rednecks.

Kalice- Master Architect

Vogik

Post by Vogik » Thu May 25, 2006 8:21 pm

Apium wrote:
Kurke_Aumea wrote:Apium, you're going to be like 45 minutes away from me. I can show you how to party Youngstown style... On that note, bring your Kevlar and some Colt 45...

Living up north in the country can't be as bad as living in the south in the country. At least you don't have to deal with a rednecks.
I declare you both rednecks

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Thu May 25, 2006 8:54 pm

Yeah, drive up my street and count the number of confederate flags...

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Thu May 25, 2006 8:59 pm

Vogik wrote:
Apium wrote:

I declare you both rednecks

wow call me anything but a redneck, seriously.

Kalice- Master Architect

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Thu May 25, 2006 9:11 pm

Since we're talking about rednecks and stuff I found a wrestling match for you all to watch (not calling anyone a redneck!).. Vader vs Stan Hansen at the Tokyo Dome, in a match where Vader almost loses his eye, only the swelling keeps the eye intact during the match. The match is stiff as heck, almost real in some parts.

Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUStPEmY ... r%20hansen

Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHLtCZmN ... r%20hansen

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Fri May 26, 2006 5:59 am

Not a big fan of watching wrestling, but all you crazy americans are rednecks!

There, I've made my stereotype of the day.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Fri May 26, 2006 6:02 am

Leviathen wrote:Not a big fan of watching wrestling, but all you crazy americans are rednecks!

There, I've made my stereotype of the day.

is that really one of our stereotypes?

Kalice- Master Architect

Ri'Me

Post by Ri'Me » Fri May 26, 2006 7:27 am

I think so.. I was talking about wrestling to someone and they jokingly asked me if I was a redneck so I figured it was a stereotype

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Fri May 26, 2006 2:15 pm

Ri'Me wrote:I think so.. I was talking about wrestling to someone and they jokingly asked me if I was a redneck so I figured it was a stereotype

rednecks don't actually watch wrestling lol. They just hunt stuff and drive big trucks. Plus all the smoking and dipping not to mention the illegal drugs.

EDIT: add drinking to that list

Kalice- Master Architect

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Fri May 26, 2006 2:34 pm

It is one of the stereotypes, but most people here know that it is only a stereotype and those people are usually in the south.

Its more often that the US is stereotyped as gun-totting right winged extremests.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Fri May 26, 2006 4:17 pm

You might be a redneck if a night time trip to the bathroom involves shoes and a flashlight. You might be a redneck if you see a sign that says say no to crack and it reminds you to pull up your pants. You might be a redneck if your house has the same number of miles on it as your car. You might be a redneck if you go to the same bustop as your son because your in the same grade. and my favorite. You might be a redneck if your Grandma comes out of the bathroom and says "Yall come look at this before I flush it!"

Vogik

Post by Vogik » Fri May 26, 2006 5:14 pm

Waucod Meesman wrote:You might be a redneck if a night time trip to the bathroom involves shoes and a flashlight. You might be a redneck if you see a sign that says say no to crack and it reminds you to pull up your pants. You might be a redneck if your house has the same number of miles on it as your car. You might be a redneck if you go to the same bustop as your son because your in the same grade. and my favorite. You might be a redneck if your Grandma comes out of the bathroom and says "Yall come look at this before I flush it!"
You might be a redneck if you live in the south imo :?