The GAT Thread

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Sun May 07, 2006 4:37 pm

Well, Aren't I glad Canada doesn't have SATs

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sun May 07, 2006 4:46 pm

As far as I'm concerned, if you can't understand your country's geography, you shouldn't be allowed out of school until you can do it. Then again, my generation get's their news from MTV News and the Daily Show with John Stewart. It's depressing when I'm the only person my age that I know of that actually picks up a U.S.A. Today and can read it without having to skip to the comics or the sports section.

Reminds me of a time when I was over at my friend's apartment. I noticed a newspaper from Akron sitting on the floor. I asked him why he had a newspaper from Akron and he said that his wife wanted it because it had a good comic strip section...

I find it appalling when the only current events people know of are who Paris Hilton is dating and what Tom Cruise's baby's name is. Seriously, the world could be taken over by someone smart enough to capitalize on our own stupidity.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sun May 07, 2006 4:49 pm

Waucod Meesman wrote:I was almost ready to take the SAT this year but I don't know why I didn't. I know all fifty states capitals and where they are and I know most of that for Europe too.To close this longest post of mine in a while I would like to add on how much I think nintendos (excluding the original) are bad for playing games theres just no fun spend all that good money on an Xbox or maybe a 360 if you can afford that.

Your taking the SAT while your 12 years old? Are you in high school? Did you skip 4 grades? Are you the reincarnation of 2pac? Did the chicken eat the cow? Give us answers!
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sun May 07, 2006 4:52 pm

Kurke_Aumea wrote:I find it appalling when the only current events people know of are who Paris Hilton is dating and what Tom Cruise's baby's name is. Seriously, the world could be taken over by someone smart enough to capitalize on our own stupidity.

lmao Suri right? I saw another suri on tv but she was african. I know paris hilton was dating some greek shipping guy.

Kalice- Master Architect

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Sun May 07, 2006 6:58 pm

Right now I am glad I don't know anything about Paris Hilton nor do I care about Tom Cruise.

I do know Natives are protesting in Caledonia, which has been going on for three months now, the newly elected Conservative Party of Canada just released their first budget and it is going through its first reading, x number of people died in the middle east and a good friend of mine lost her mother when someone was going 160km/h in a 50km/h zone and hit a curb.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Vogik

Post by Vogik » Sun May 07, 2006 7:05 pm

I resubscribed today.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sun May 07, 2006 7:19 pm

Apium wrote:
Waucod Meesman wrote:I was almost ready to take the SAT this year but I don't know why I didn't. I know all fifty states capitals and where they are and I know most of that for Europe too.To close this longest post of mine in a while I would like to add on how much I think nintendos (excluding the original) are bad for playing games theres just no fun spend all that good money on an Xbox or maybe a 360 if you can afford that.

Your taking the SAT while your 12 years old? Are you in high school? Did you skip 4 grades? Are you the reincarnation of 2pac? Did the chicken eat the cow? Give us answers!

He's Chuck Norris in disguise!!!

Hey, anyone here follow Arena Football??? We're supposed to get an Arena2 football team at our new arena next year. How much fun is Arena football to watch? Is it worth going to? Will it beat seeing a hockey game? Baseball game?

I've never watched Arena Football before, but I'm a bit more interested in it now that we have it coming to our area.

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Sun May 07, 2006 7:25 pm

/me falls asleep

sorry, football what?

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Sun May 07, 2006 7:35 pm

Firstly I went to a couple a arena games a long time ago. They're pretty interesting if you like NFL games. Of course like every other sport you gotta pick a team fo it to be interesting.

Secondly it the SAT thing was like some program at Duke if I would've gotten a high enough score I could have gone to some camp in the summer and waste my time with super creepy smart kids.

Finally all I know about Tom Cruise is that he believes in Scientology and sorry if I offend any on ehere this is my opinion but I think that is the most insane stupid thing i have ever heard of quite frankly I am shocked and ashamed of soem of these religous ideas in our world.

To conclude I can't believe I made a meaningless post and am almost writing in 5 paragraph form all at one conveniant time wow what a post by now five guys have probaby already posted o well.

^longest post ever

EDIT:I was right Lev posted while I was typing this.

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Sun May 07, 2006 7:41 pm

/cheers for himself.

I have to agree that I find scientology offensive, but I do find most direhard religious beliefs prejudice and offensive. That was a comment about the most direhard fanatics. I enjoy the morality aspect, but when it shuns a certain class, group, minority/other belief I find it offensive.

Islam for example:

Muslims who actually follow the beauty of that religion are among the most pleasant people in the world. But the direhand fanatics that come with any belief like to tell other people where to stick it and ruin the image of their ideology.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sun May 07, 2006 7:42 pm

OK, to give you an example of just how pointless standardized tests are, I took the ACTs in order to get into my colleges. (They're like the SATs, but different...) Anyways, the first time I took the ACTs, I didn't study and I got a 24 overall. I took the ACTs a second time and I did study. I got a 24 overall...

Standardized testing is the biggest waste of time and only hurt the teaching process rather than help it.

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Sun May 07, 2006 7:56 pm

Getting into university/college here only matters on your average of course marks. But it is specific courses.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Sun May 07, 2006 8:13 pm

Leviathen wrote:Getting into university/college here only matters on your average of course marks. But it is specific courses.

We can't do that because some schools are extremely easy to get A's in and others require a lot more, hince the standardized testing. It's still a complete waste though. There are other ways to go about "standardizing."

Kalice- Master Architect

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Sun May 07, 2006 8:15 pm

We have a standardized curriculum province wide.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Sun May 07, 2006 9:25 pm

My Name is Jonas!