The GAT Thread

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Mon May 01, 2006 2:24 pm

When is E3?
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Mon May 01, 2006 3:11 pm

May 9th through May 12th.

Issele
Captain

Post by Issele » Mon May 01, 2006 4:10 pm

Apium wrote:When is E3?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_ ... d=24247233

Rather impressed they took this step and now if they could just duct tape the mouth of everyone who says "girls/women don't play video games", I would be one happy camper. The only drawback I can see is that it is going to be much more difficult at this year's E3 to figure out which games are good since from my experience in past years, I found the more revealing the booth babe, the worse the game would be.

The fewer drooling retards going to the show to ogle the floor show and fellate their heroes, the more devs might remember "Oh right, Trade Show.. I should do something here.. maybe talk to some people."

Hey, I can dream.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Mon May 01, 2006 4:34 pm

I do feel sorry for female gamers. Just the other night I was listening to my friends say how cool it is to find girls that play Halo 2. Then, we actually get into a game with about two or three girl gamers in it and what do my friends do? The trash talk the girls... Now, I'm not quite sure if it was because they thought the girls were twelve year old teeny boppers with no lives or just thought it'd be cool to trash talk the girl gamers. Either way, I thought it was a little childish on the part of my friends.

I need new people to play video games with...

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Mon May 01, 2006 5:13 pm

My girlfriend kills me in Halo. I can't get her to touch an MMO though. If I could then I would have a good excuse for playing SWG all day.

Kalice- Master Architect

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Mon May 01, 2006 5:39 pm

Apium wrote:My girlfriend kills me in Halo. I can't get her to touch an MMO though. If I could then I would have a good excuse for playing SWG all day.

I have a lot of respect for women who play Halo. Once you step into that lion's den, it takes some real courage to duke it out with that crowd...

Issele
Captain

Post by Issele » Mon May 01, 2006 6:11 pm

Kurke_Aumea wrote:
Apium wrote:My girlfriend kills me in Halo. I can't get her to touch an MMO though. If I could then I would have a good excuse for playing SWG all day.

I have a lot of respect for women who play Halo. Once you step into that lion's den, it takes some real courage to duke it out with that crowd...

Now I am tempted to play it. :D

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Mon May 01, 2006 6:16 pm

You should I'm gonna make this short cause my arms hurt after football tryouts. I never knew a shower could feel that good.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Mon May 01, 2006 6:47 pm

Issele wrote:
Kurke_Aumea wrote:

Now I am tempted to play it. :D

As long as you're not afraid of twelve year old trash talkers, you could take em. And if you ever do decide to take on the lions, let me know. I could use some gaming buddies who aren't completely obsessed with Halo (see my earlier posts).

It's so hard to be a casual gamer... You either don't game or you are a hardcore gamer. If you're a casual gamer, you end up getting owned and subsequently trashed by the uber gamers. Oh well, I have a life and they don't, so I guess it balances out. HAHA!

The one cool thing about Live is the feedback system. Coincidentally, the hardcore gamers are usually the ones who care about their feedback the most. For some sick reason, leaving people bad feedback puts a smile on my face. :twisted:

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Mon May 01, 2006 8:56 pm

Whats everyone want to see at E3 this year? I want to see first Final Fantasy XII and then some playable PS3 games. Also maybe a definate release date from sony but I doubt I'm getting that.

I love filling my computer with videos and trailers from all the new games on E3 week. My computer is running downloads 24/7. I'm pumped lol. Only eight more days.

Kalice- Master Architect

Vogik

Post by Vogik » Mon May 01, 2006 9:03 pm

Dear Lexx,

Can we make a section on the forums called WWVD? What Would Vogik Do? and then RID members can submit their (humorous) questions to be and I'll answer them to the best of my abiltity? :)

Example:

Dear Vogik,
Should I drink Miller or Budweiser?

Example answer: if youre really going to drink you dont drink either... anything less than 30% by volume isnt worth touching

PLEASE!

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Mon May 01, 2006 9:06 pm

Vogik wrote:Dear Lexx,

Can we make a section on the forums called WWVD? What Would Vogik Do? and then RID members can submit their (humorous) questions to be and I'll answer them to the best of my abiltity? :)

Example:

Dear Vogik,

Example answer: if youre really going to drink you dont drink either... anything less than 30% by volume isnt worth touching

PLEASE!

I'll go ahead and answer this before someone more important does. Umm the answer is no. :D

Kalice- Master Architect

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Mon May 01, 2006 9:16 pm

Apium wrote:

Example:

Dear Vogik,

PLEASE!

I'll go ahead and answer this before someone more important does. Umm the answer is no. :D

lol

It's a Dear Lexx post not a Dear Kurke one. Guess you'll have to wait for Lexx to input on this one. Maybe you might motivate Lexx to post in the GAT for once!!!! HAHAHA!!!

Anyways, I am eagerly awaiting to see what Microsoft has up its sleeves for the 360. Some rumors are saying that they might drop the fee for Xbox Live. Free users would get ads while anyone who pays would get ad-free service. Plus, Microsoft is looking to announce Halo 3 officially. Aside from the assholes online, Halo has been a great franchise.

Rumor also has it that Microsoft will be putting all demos and trailers from E3 on the Marketplace for free. Looks like my hard drive might be getting filled up!!!

I'm also interested in seeing what LucasArts is up to. They've been pretty quiet lately. The only announcement they've made is for Lego Star Wars II and that was a few months ago.

It's going to be a busy E3!!!

Vogik

Post by Vogik » Mon May 01, 2006 9:39 pm

Kurke_Aumea wrote:
Apium wrote:

Example:

Dear Vogik,

PLEASE!

lol

It's a Dear Lexx post not a Dear Kurke one. Guess you'll have to wait for Lexx to input on this one. Maybe you might motivate Lexx to post in the GAT for once!!!! HAHAHA!!!

Anyways, I am eagerly awaiting to see what Microsoft has up its sleeves for the 360. Some rumors are saying that they might drop the fee for Xbox Live. Free users would get ads while anyone who pays would get ad-free service. Plus, Microsoft is looking to announce Halo 3 officially. Aside from the assholes online, Halo has been a great franchise.

Rumor also has it that Microsoft will be putting all demos and trailers from E3 on the Marketplace for free. Looks like my hard drive might be getting filled up!!!

I'm also interested in seeing what LucasArts is up to. They've been pretty quiet lately. The only announcement they've made is for Lego Star Wars II and that was a few months ago.

It's going to be a busy E3!!!
Damnit, you got me.. Let me revise.

Vogik

Post by Vogik » Mon May 01, 2006 9:40 pm

Dear Kurke,

Can we make a section on the forums called WWVD? What Would Vogik Do? and then RID members can submit their (humorous) questions to be and I'll answer them to the best of my abiltity? Smile

Example:

Dear Vogik,

Oh, and thats a double post.