The GAT Thread

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:03 pm

Well that just makes everyone curious :o

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:10 pm

Vogik, please don't leave negative comments like that. There's no need to act like a pubescent 12 year old. If you don't like NASCAR, fine. Don't be a jerk about it though.

OK, back to some meaningful conversation.

If anybody knows how to do a rain dance, please do one for me. I am supposed to go on a field trip tomorrow (yes, on Sunday) to go look at dirt. Yeah, you heard that right, DIRT! It's for my Soils & Land Use class. What really sucks is that the field trip is required for the course... On the plus side, if it is lightning out, the trip will be cancelled.

For once, I want mother nature to be mean...

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:15 pm

/tips a watering can above kurke's head

There ya go, buddy

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:35 pm

Dude, where's the lightening???

Plus, you're a day early...

lol

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:10 pm

I resent that Kurke.

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:22 pm

I await to hear how well kurke's geological study went :P

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:58 pm

Yeah I know he's probaly having to find out what type of poop is on the ground in front of him now or something that would be funny and then he picks it up cause he thinks its chocolate but its not cause its a poopie!

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:59 pm

...I don't think that would happen Waucod...

Its more likely he is currently testing the bacteria count in a soil sample he collected and is roiling his eyes at the excitement of it all.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:51 pm

Leviathen wrote:...I don't think that would happen Waucod...

Its more likely he is currently testing the bacteria count in a soil sample he collected and is roiling his eyes at the excitement of it all.

Almost hit the nail on the head. We actually went around south central Ohio taking core samples and seeing what type of texture they were and what kind of drainage the samples indicated. We even tested for pH!!!! The highlight of the trip was at least getting to stare at this good lookin Italian girl.

Speaking of girls, you really need to walk across my campus in the spring. As the temperature goes up, the clothes come off... :shock: It's amazing what some girls wear on campus... or lack thereof. Of course, i really can't complain. :twisted:

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:28 pm

Same thing happens everywhere. My highschool has girls who need to dress like sluts for some reason as soon as the temp goes above 20. I am too lazy to figure it out, but in farenheit (backwards system it is) you take that number, multiply by 1.8, add 32.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:48 pm

Girls that flaunt it may be fun to look at, but they're just advertising... :wink:

By the way, if and when any of you go to college, unless you are planning on being a geology major, avoid all classes involving the words "dirt" and "soil." Trust me, you won't regret it. I mean, it was nice going out an enjoying the nice weather today, but what a waste of a Sunday...

There's plenty of crap around the house I could have been doingm but nooooooooo. I had to go and play in the dirt like I was four years old... :roll:

Here's one for you. Earlier in the week, this older lady in my dirt class (mid to late 30's) walks up to the professor and asks him, "It's supposed to rain on Sunday when we go to play in the dirt. What should I wear?" :shock:

Whoever said there's no such thing as a stupid question has never met a stupid person. Seriously, if you're going to go play in the dirt and it's supposed to rain, WTF DO YOU THINK YOU SHOULD WEAR?!?! STILETTO HEELS AND A MINI SKIRT?!?! :!: :!: :!:

Yes, this is what I have to put up with on a day-to-day basis...

:roll:

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:03 pm

I am all about the physics here... staying far far far away from any geology.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:04 pm

Hell, my major is IT and my minor is Geographic Information Systems. I needed an elective from the Geography department and this damn drit class was one of the choices. I picked it not knowing we had to go on some field trip...

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:01 am

pfft, it was only one day.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:02 am

Yeah, it was just ONE day, but damn... First off, picture a class you have to go to three days a week where you sit for 50 minutes and talk about nothing but dirt. Then picture having to take a whole Sunday off just to go and play with dirt for a whole day. My time is better well spent sleeping... Which I sometimes do in that class becuase it's so boring...