The GAT Thread

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:16 pm

No, because it is a server, not a personal computer. They are two very different things. A server is meant to hold files, software, and handle networking tasks for a business (small, medium, or large it is really the same concept). A personal computer is for you to play games, surf the internet, check your e-mail, do your homework, etc.

Now, if you wanted a small file server with an IP address attached to it, you could use the server I advertised to setup a cheap little FTP server. All you'd have to pay for is internet access (if you have cable or DSL, that problem is solved).

What makes an FTP server so special? You can put any file on it you wish and then access it from anywhere on the internet.

Another reason why you shouldn't even bother playing games on this server, the video card has 1MB of memory. Remember, servers are meant to support a business, not play games on.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:06 pm

so anybody watch red vs blue? If so what did you think of season 4? And to give you guys an idea of how much of a loser I am sitting here listening to Weezer eatin Nachos talking with a bunch of guys I've never met anywhere but in SWG

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:27 pm

Waucod Meesman wrote:so anybody watch red vs blue? If so what did you think of season 4? And to give you guys an idea of how much of a loser I am sitting here listening to Weezer eatin Nachos talking with a bunch of guys I've never met anywhere but in SWG

Your music choice could be a lot worse... lol

And season 4 rocked!!! Tucker got pregnant!!!!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Can't wait for saeson 5!!!

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:36 pm

It was Kurke! And Andy "died" and Wyomming came back and Honk Blonk died and Caboose had crayons in his gun and Simmions got on Sarges bad side and Sarge revealed that he liked saying "You just got Sarged" and Shelia got mad cause she was jealous of the other vehicles and Griff made his password password and the wrench was the crowd favorite for Sarges new second in command.

And Weezer is cool and so are the Killers and Coldplay and Nirvana and kind of Aerosmith

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:19 pm

Waucod Meesman wrote:It was Kurke! And Andy "died" and Wyomming came back and Honk Blonk died and Caboose had crayons in his gun and Simmions got on Sarges bad side and Sarge revealed that he liked saying "You just got Sarged" and Shelia got mad cause she was jealous of the other vehicles and Griff made his password password and the wrench was the crowd favorite for Sarges new second in command.

And Weezer is cool and so are the Killers and Coldplay and Nirvana and kind of Aerosmith

I might have to go digging through the old episodes for some fun!!!

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:32 pm

/me shoves some Nightwish down Waucod's throat :D

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:32 pm

So....

Summer break is coming up for a lot of peeps (those in the working world excluded). So, is anyone planning on doing anything exciting for summer?

Aside from going to the Coke 600 in May, I'm working all summer. Yay...

At least it's money in my pocket!!!

Theep

Post by Theep » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:51 pm

umm spring break for me is next week, then like 2 months before summer break. I have football practice every day but sunday this summer for 4 hours, and got like 3 team camps to go to.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:24 pm

Theep wrote:umm spring break for me is next week, then like 2 months before summer break. I have football practice every day but sunday this summer for 4 hours, and got like 3 team camps to go to.

Devotion.

No wonder my high school football team sucked. They only practiced like three days a week... lol

Then again, there were only about 300 peeps at my high school and only about 80 in my graduating class.

matron

Post by matron » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:32 am

3 days a week? go damn lol. we still have daily lifting and running in the f'ing winter :cry: then 6 days a week during regular season and 7 during playoffs. coach wanted it to be 8 days a week, but the parents wouldnt go fot it :lol:

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:04 pm

I might be going up to the Appalachians for a week

Theep

Post by Theep » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:08 pm

Well, im just gonna beat apium to it and say, we do all those practices, have over 2000 people at our school.. and well.. weve won 1 game in 3 years. :(

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:51 pm

Theep wrote:Well, im just gonna beat apium to it and say, we do all those practices, have over 2000 people at our school.. and well.. weve won 1 game in 3 years. :(

Sounds like my high school. Hell, we had to change leagues in order to find teams we could actually beat. Of course, since we changed leagues, we actually have chances to have winning records. lol

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:16 pm

Its funny how my posts seem to be ignored :P

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:50 pm

Waucod Meesman wrote:Its funny how my posts seem to be ignored :P

:P

So where at in the Appalachians??? I've been through a good chunk of them in PA, and Virginia. A 50 mile backpacking trip through the Blue Ridge Mountains can be a lot of fun, but quite painful at the same time. 5 days, 50 miles, and blisters the size of a half dollar coin on the heels of both of my feet on the first day of hiking...

I had a lot of pride after that one... and some really sore feet...