The GAT Thread

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:21 pm

Sorry to double post but...

i just played my first rugby game and OMG FREAKING AWESOME!!!

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:50 pm

Leviathen wrote:Sorry to double post but...

i just played my first rugby game and OMG FREAKING AWESOME!!!

OK...

lol

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:59 pm

good for you

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:28 pm

Sorry, that sport f-ing rocks... and I don't play a lot of sports.

It makes football look whimpy.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:29 am

I'm off to Indiana for the weekend. Later everybody!

Theep

Post by Theep » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:42 pm

Guess you havent played actual football either. Sure the pads are their to protect ya, but that other person has tons of metal on also, you watch this guys fly down the field wearing 50 extra pounds slam into your shoulder and then tell me if you still think football is whimpy.

matron

Post by matron » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:31 pm

and rugby dosnt sounds as cool. not to mention you can avoid contact in rugby. football ...... try gettung by a O-line with out getting rocked :P

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:36 am

Oh no doubt football is not a whimpy sport... just rugby is so awesome.

And quite a bit of tackling goes on in rugby... I am not sure what you meant by avoiding a tackle.. because there are ways to avoid it in football as well. Tackling takes place just as much... just the play doesn't end every time someone gets tackled or the ball touches the ground.

Theep

Post by Theep » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:23 pm

Maybe apium will post one of his rugby stories in here. I know he has some great ones about his dad who played rugby. His dad used to be the guy that they would throw over the line.

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:18 pm

We had a game today, people played so dirty. Pissed me off. We got them back though.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:21 pm

wth theep? my dad weighs like 300 pounds. I think he was probably the one that threw the skinny guy.

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:09 pm

Over the line theep? Do you mean throw up int he air during line ins?

Theep

Post by Theep » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:45 pm

I have only played rugby a few times, and I wasent exactly sure what was going on, and I thought you dad was like 30 pounds when he was young, like you are now :P

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:52 pm

Not to rain on the rugby parade, but I have good news. I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico.

OK, on a serious note, would anybody be interested in purchasing some older servers??? They are a few years old, but they still run and are in pretty good shape. I got the one cleaned up today and got all of the dust off the circuit boards. The one I got cleaned up is about 9 years old, but runs like she's new (the date on the processor is 1997). Here's some quick specs:

- HP Netserver LC3
- Intel Pentium II 450MHz processor
- Three 9GB SCSI hard drives
- 512MB RAM
- Windows 2000 SP4
- Two 10/100 Ethernet Cards

I know, it's older than dirt but it runs like new. It's a great little entry level server and it probably wouldn't take much to upgrade it. You can find memory for it all over the internet. If all else fails, you can harvest it for parts. If anybody's interested, let me know. If not, it goes on eBay. I'm going to take pictures of it, so let me know if you want me to post pics.

I have another old server I am working on. The good news is that it is newer and faster than the one I have up now. Also, I have some other computer parts and two telephone systems if anyone is interested. I can verify that the phone systems work (and quite well). We only got rid of them because we upgraded to one central phone system.

Please note that I am only advertising this stuff here because I'd rather sell something to people I know than some unknown peeps on eBay.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:34 am

is all of that enough for swg?