Issue with IMPH

A place for members to discuss general information about RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:46 pm

LexxYovel wrote:For the first time in RID, we actually based groups off of our divisions, and it seemed to work well.

It finally worked??? Sweet!!!

:D

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:31 pm

Hehe, yea :P

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:56 pm

Does anyone have any video footage from the event?

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Szul

Post by Szul » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:09 am

Theep wrote:I had a long talk with bumpn last night, and imphl does not have a problem RID, they have a problem with the core and the network. It seems to me that the only way for RID to earn more respect these days is to become good at pvp. I dueled bumpn last night after him and telica were talking smack to telica and I beat him first, then he beat me twice, but we didnt db each other or anything. No spitting on the corpse's or anything like that. I think that because I was able to beat him 1 time earned him respect, so I feel that Lexx needs to take the best pvper in RID and have them teach all of us. Im not exactly sure who is the best, it sounds like biz was a long time ago, and im sure he will be once he gets used to playing. I just want RID to earn respect.

RID is earning respect from the server. It doesn't matter if one little asshat PA has respect for us or not. If IMPHL is unable to earn the server's respect, then they're just nobodies wantin' to be a somebodies, and I could honestly care less what their feelings are towards RID or myself.

As for teaching PVP... well you get good at PVP just by doing it a lot. There's no special skills, just a willingness to accept that you will make mistakes and lose fights, and the ability to learn and improve on those mistakes.

Also, dueling and GCW are totally different aspects of PVP, so you can learn to PVP well in GCW, without having to learn good dueling, but you cannot practice and learn good dueling, and expect to be good at GCW without lots of GCW practice. Bumpn is a good dueler, but I've seen him get his ass handed to him in GCW quite often. Being good at GCW combat is what earns my respect, dueling is just best equipment + buffs = who wins.

Nice thing about this NGE is that you only need good gear, the best has little overall effect. Getting RID outfitted was a job that Phow was supposed to be handling, but he's been absent for almost a month now and no one has filled his vacancy. The instance timers and rare drops are a big roadblock, but we need to start focusing on getting our people the parts they need for successful PVPing.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:51 am

Couldn't agree more Szul. RID has more respect than IMPHL will ever recieve, which is why they were always upset in the first place. They were always jelous of the ammount of respect other Imperial guilds recieved, when they felt like they were being frowned upon.

I don't know what happened to Phow... it's very mysterious, but I'll work on getting RID equipped with at least decent, generic, supplies that wouldn't be so bad in combat.

P.S: A video of the battle will be posted once I have it finished.

matron

Post by matron » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:46 am

Kurke_Aumea wrote:
LexxYovel wrote:For the first time in RID, we actually based groups off of our divisions, and it seemed to work well.

It finally worked??? Sweet!!!

:D

yup :P execpt the rebels couldnt see my squad coming so they just stood therer while we surrounded thyem and opened fire. if any one is interested in respecing to spy, or making a spy alt, let me know and ill help you get spy gear and train you on camo limits. took me long as hell to work out the kinks alone, but i could teach you pretty quick.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:31 pm

As a former IMPHL guild leader I've arranged a meeting with the orginal founder. He is a good man and I know this is not how he wanted his guild to turn out. I'll see what I can do to stop hostality between our guilds. There is no reason imperial guilds should be at any kind of war with eachother.

As of two days ago I still had councilmen's access to the imphl forums. Actually the reason they left The Core was more on a whim than anything else. I'm not even sure if the guild leader had a say, I know the council didnt meet. They felt like they were being disrespected by the other guilds and The Core was useless. Well they are being disrespected because they deserve no respect.

Anyways I'll see what I can do, but yea imphl is on a course for self-destruction.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:22 pm

I talked to the IMPHL leader and he was quite reasonable. You should be getting an in game mail from lexx soon on the results of that meeting.

Theep

Post by Theep » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:37 pm

DONT!

Theep

Post by Theep » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:37 pm

Double post or BIZOB will have to rain down using his Mod Powers
:!:

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:49 pm

That wasn't a double post there were hours in between. Although I did double post earlier, I didnt want to go back and edit.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:18 pm

Hehe, I wouldn't worry, I think Kurke's been a little more lenient on his moderating powers :P

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:28 pm

No because when I came back to the forums I double posted and he freaked out and used this -> :twisted:

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:32 pm

o wait lol I just noticed theep double posted in telling me not to double post.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:33 pm

If a double post has meaning to it, there's no point in deleting/locking it. Now, if it is a completely stupid double post like the one Waucod did in the GAT, then my uber-extreme mod powers will reign supreme.