The GAT Thread

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:28 pm

I don't quite think the point of the thread is to go off topic, but more of talk about things that fit no where else :P

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:36 pm

Seriously, the rest of RID Chat and all of the other RID forums are for RID matters and other things that concern SWG. Having the GAT thread kind of serves as a catch all for anything non-RId and non-SWG. Frankly, I was enjoying our "on-topic" discussion about the future of video games. It was one of the more productive series of posts on here that I've seen in quite some time.

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:52 pm

I just feel bad since I do not know a whole lot and cannot offer up a good opinion ont hat topic... so not enjoying it so much except for the learning part hehe.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:02 pm

Learning can be the fun part. I'm not an expert when it comes to gaming, but a little research can go a long ways on certain topics.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:21 am

I thought I'd post this in case anyone is following the development of the new Star Wars live action television show. It's a quick read about the new actress GL hired.

Click here for the story!!!

She's "Like A Virgin" to the Star Wars universe...

Theep

Post by Theep » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:09 pm

WHAT! They are making a sw tv show? I wish they wouldnt.. its gonna make star wars look so bad, I just know it. If they are gonna make a star wars show why not instead make a 7,8, and 9 movie? Or a Star Wars 0? Is this some kind of a joke?

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:21 pm

I'm coming back!!!

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:28 pm

Theep wrote:WHAT! They are making a sw tv show? I wish they wouldnt.. its gonna make star wars look so bad, I just know it. If they are gonna make a star wars show why not instead make a 7,8, and 9 movie? Or a Star Wars 0? Is this some kind of a joke?

Not necessarily. I mean, most of the Star Trek series were pretty decent. As long as they stay faithful to the movies and have some good plotlines, I think it will do well.

Plus, Lucas can't really do much in the way of making Episodes 7, 8, or 9. With all the EU material out there, he can't exactly get to creative unless he wanted to void it all (which I'm sure he'd do anyways). Plus, GL said he wanted to get away from SW. He is directing the first season of the TV show, then after that he is moving on to other things.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:30 pm

As long as they're not like those chessey ewok adventure movies or whatever I'll be happy.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:32 pm

Waucod Meesman wrote:As long as they're not like those chessey ewok adventure movies or whatever I'll be happy.

AMEN!!!!

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:13 pm

Just a question...

Why don't these boards support daylight savings time???

What, was the creator of phpBB from Indiana and just wanted to piss off the rest of the continental U.S.??? Well Mr. Indiana, you're screwed now because you have to spring ahead with the rest of us!!!

Wow, I'm bored...

Anyways, the good news is there's only like 5 weeks left in the semester and then I get to go to the Coca-Cola 600. Charlotte, NC here we come!!! The bad news is that my best friend bailed on me and I am stuck with an extra ticket...

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:35 am

Whats a coca-cola 600? :P

And I dind't know there was a state that didn't go with the flow on daylight savings time.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:36 pm

Leviathen wrote:Whats a coca-cola 600? :P

And I dind't know there was a state that didn't go with the flow on daylight savings time.

Yeah, for the past 30 years Indiana did not participate in Daylight Savings Time. I always got confused when we went to visit family in Muncie, IN (talk about a boring town....). Anyways, it was confusing because in the summer it'd be hard to tell what time it is, especially when you're only there for a weekend. In the summer Indiana would be on Central time and in the winter they'd be on Eastern time.

I'll get a kick out of it this weekend when I go out there. I'll get to listen to my family in Muncie that they had to change their clocks and how they find the whole Daylight Savings Time thing so confusing.

The Coca-Cola 600 (Coke 600 for short) is the longest race in the NASCAR Nextel Cup series at 600 miles. It is raced at Lowe's Motor Speedway on the Sunday night before Memorial Day. It is a night race and runs the same day as the Indianapolis 500. Some NASCAR drivers will try to run both races and join the 1100 (miles) club. Tony Stewart and Robby Gordon are often the ones seen doing this.

Tailgating in NASCAR is very different from other sports. If you go and tailgate before a football game, you tailgate two hours before the game. In NASCAR, you tailgate two days before the race. Let's just say it makes for some fun weekends!!!

Also, earlier in the thread we talked about digital distribution. Check the link.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12134238/

It's an interesting article about how the major movie studios are now offering the ability to digitally download movies. About time if you ask me. My only issue so far is the $20 to $30 price tag to download the movie. DVDs are cheaper!!!!

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:21 pm

Yay Redneck sports! I like NASCAR an I'm not a redneck

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:45 pm

I dislike NASCAR and I am not a redneck :P

Though never having experienced a race I find it hard to judge.