RID vs TRGA Guildwar Rules

A place for forum users to meet and greet the members of RID.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Ty'e X'lor

Post by Ty'e X'lor » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:40 am

If somebody "Trojan horses" with that helper tag im killing everyone on that platform.

matron

kill

Post by matron » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:12 pm

KILL? :twisted:

acer

Post by acer » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:02 pm

Szul wrote:Shuttleport change resolves nothing. People can still put up the Helper tag to allow themselves safe passage off the platform. Only way to avoid that is to allow load killing. Same with the Starports... can just put on Helper tag before you leave the outside loading area.

The whole purpose of the Starport/Shuttleport safe zone rule is to prevent fights from occuring in the easiest locations to find people. The 128m rule forces people to fight in other places other than the tired old obvious dueling zones.

Thats all Cloners and Starports are anymore... just the main Dueling Arenas for any kind of PVP. Most of these ideas I've advocated for are not for anyone's safety, but for encouraging better quality fighting than the same old lame old. Ganking is for amateur PVPers, anyone can do it.

I don't necessarily disagree, but the fact of the matter is that people aren't going to scour the earth for enemies. No one is going to hang out at the Moenia bank or the Keren cantina and just hope someone else comes by so they can have a "different" fight. They will zone in, look around briefly, and engage. I honestly can't see driving all around town looking for people, they WILL check the normal hotspots, because that's where people hang out. In a social game, no one wants to just hang out in a remote area hoping someone else might spot them. The big concern has been that if the shuttle and cloner and cantina are within reasonale proximity to each other, especially in a player city, you could basically end up with an entire city (or most of it) as just one big safe zone. That's what people are trying to avoid.

Szul

Post by Szul » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:04 pm

acer wrote:I don't necessarily disagree, but the fact of the matter is that people aren't going to scour the earth for enemies. No one is going to hang out at the Moenia bank or the Keren cantina and just hope someone else comes by so they can have a "different" fight. They will zone in, look around briefly, and engage. I honestly can't see driving all around town looking for people, they WILL check the normal hotspots, because that's where people hang out. In a social game, no one wants to just hang out in a remote area hoping someone else might spot them. The big concern has been that if the shuttle and cloner and cantina are within reasonale proximity to each other, especially in a player city, you could basically end up with an entire city (or most of it) as just one big safe zone. That's what people are trying to avoid.

If you are saying that people have gotten so lazy in their PVPing, that camping Starports is now an acceptable and expected norm for PVPing... then I vote to just forget the guildwar and stick with CTF events and the occasional Overt battles. Camping Starports is about as lazy as it gets for PVP in this game.