The GAT Thread

A place for members to speak about almost anything, at a reasonable level.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:28 pm

Leviathen wrote:I keep hearing that Crash won best film, but I have never even heard of it.

Ditto

Anyways, I just got off the phone with my gf... well... ex-gf now...

I broke things off. I feel bad that I did that to her, but it was just one of those things I needed to do. Oh well, time to move on.

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:01 am

As you move on things will get better. I am sure you thought it through and made the right choice.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:12 pm

Well, considering she followed me out of the parking deck and down the one street through downtown Youngstown, I'd say she isn't taking things so well. I'm taking bets on whether I'll need to get a restraining order...

lol

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:24 pm

I think you need to explain this situation in further depth Kurke... or at least leave me a PM about it :P

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:39 pm

OK, when I broke up with her last night, she was all depressed and wondering how I could do such a thing to her. We've only been dating two, yes TWO, months and she acted like we were gonna get married...

Anyways, she wanted me to meet her in the building she has class in today so she could see me one last time. Just to keep her from making me spend another two hours on the phone last night, I said yes. I was thinking about it today and I didn't know what she would do today when I saw her. I didn't know if she would kick me in the groin, egg me, or break out in tears again. So, I sent her a text message saying that I was gonna stay at work all day and skip my only class.

OK, I still went to class anyways (I'm a devoted student...). I know, I shouldn't lie, but the girl couldn't take a hint. Anyways, I go to get in my truck in the parking deck and when I was backing out of my parking space I saw her car behind me. She actually drove over from her parking deck across campus and waited for me to get to my truck. She then followed me out of the parking deck. After that, she pulled out in front of a car and almost got hit. Then, she went speeding past me in downtown Youngstown at like 50 MPH.

Last night I felt guilty. After seeing her stalk me like that, I'm starting to think it was a better idea.

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:04 pm

wow that is a bit creepy, especially after two months.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:45 am

Leviathen wrote:wow that is a bit creepy, especially after two months.

Exactly!!!

I think I'm going to celebrate being single by getting drunk and playing Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter.

Disclaimer: I'm 21 and I am legal to drink. If you're under 21, then drinking is illegal if you live in the United States. So, if you're underage, behave yourself. If you're over 21, drink responsibly.

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:16 am

One more year until I can drink here!

wooo /cheeer!

That sounds like one dang fine celebration though.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:10 pm

Yeah, finding alcohol isn't the problem, it's finding a copy of GR:AW!!!

Of course, I haven't really tried looking yet. I haven't done much since I got home today. lol

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:07 am

God, I HAVE SO MUCH FREAKING WORK TO DO.

I have an essay due on Friday... which I have barely started. We got it like last Friday and it is due this friday, what the hell?

Then for work (I am a swim instructor and a lifeguard) I have to have 20 report cards done by sunday. ugh.

I am weeks behind in chemistry.

I hate school right now.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:04 am

Well, I was lucky enough to find GRAW on Wednesday and it is one hell of a game. Thursday I got to hang out with an old friend and catch up on things and Friday I got an early start to spring break.

Now for the bad news. I was playing GRAW today and it froze up. I thought nothing of it as a few of my other games for the 360 have frozen before. I turned the console off and back on and the console froze again. I power cycled one more time and this time it froze at the 360 logo before youg et into the dashboard. I must have restarted the damn thing two dozen times and it won't go past the logo. The one time I managed to get an E71 error, but that was it.

The cardboard coffin to send it back to MicroSoft is on its way...

Honestly, I'm not that bummed about it because I almost expected it after my Need for Speed kept freezing up. What pisses me off is the timing. I have a damn week off from school and I can't play any of the games I wanted to...

I need to talk to my friend to see if I can get my old Xbox back for the week just to play Halo 2. His spring break isn't for a while, so he can spare it. On top of that, the little bastard still owes me $50, so he can really afford to loan it back to me.

So, anyone else having a bad day???

P.S.
Does anybody know how to get rid of ex-girlfriend stalkers who just can't take a hint?!?!?!

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:43 am

Bah, things like that always happen to me. They will break just when I need or want them. My March Break is also this week, though I am mostly working over it.

I don't know how to get RID of a stalking ex, just dont hint, be direct.

My girlfriend and I also broke up, yesterday infact.

Ty'e X'lor

Post by Ty'e X'lor » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:07 pm

You seem to have a habit of getting girls that are mentally unstable Kurke. My own personal advice is stop picking up girls from the local Asylum lol.

And as for how to get rid of her, next time she does it.... if she doesn't brutally murder you because she has that "If I can't have you, nobody can!" mentality, just call the police.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:53 pm

At least my Xbox gave me a good reason to be single. Now, with it going in for repairs/replacement, all I have is a half eaten box of nerds... lol

Maybe things aren't that bad. Nerds rock!!!

Seriously, though, I'm wondering how long I'll have to wait for my 360 to get replaced. I've seen some people get a replacement back within 3 days and others over two weeks... I'm hoping for three days. Box gets here tomorrow (Monday) and I'll have it back by Thursday or so.

As for the ex-gf, I'm almost ready to file harassment charges. The girl will not stop calling my cell phone. Thank you caller ID!!!!

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:07 am

God that is just creepy! Have you outright told her to leave you alone?

I hope you get your xbox back.... in the meantime you should download the trial of galaxies and see what has become of the game :P