PvP Guide I would like to share with you...

A place to discuss RID's war plans.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Kuiloo
Lance Corporal
PvP Guide I would like to share with you...

Post by Kuiloo » Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:03 am

Hello dear RID members,
I would like to share with you this very interresting PvP guide made by :

Katchiko lay , Grand admiral in the glorious imperial army,
Proud citizen of Auroa ionis on Naboo and player on lowca server.
Thanks to him for this great & updated guide.

PvP Guide 1.0.1
By: Katchiko lay, Posted at: Tue, May 25th 2:50 PM 2004, Last Edited: Wed, May 26th 5:39 AM 2004
Rated 5.00 by 4 people

This is my edited version of my PVP guide for starters. I want to start of by saying that all that’s included in this guide has been tested by me on the workings together with 1 or 2 friends. I’ve put in allot of effort and time into making this. Please I can take constructive criticism but keep you unconstructive flame and bragging, or I don’t know what to yourself. If you know something better , Well power to you and I am humbled by your awesome uberness... I quiver in reverence.

I hope those who read this will discover new things and remember forgotten things about PVP and mainly I hope you’ll enjoy playing the game more even in its broken state

Finally before you start I like to offer thanks to my helpful friends who assisted me in some of my weird and obscure testing habits.

THANK YOU : Beldaran ( armour & PSG’s ) , Kiriana ( combat ) , Future ( combat & dmg calculations ) , novocain ( combat & food ) , Vendar ( spelling )

And thanks to all the people I’ve battled I hope I posed a challenge and I’m sure we all enjoyed our time
Now lets start the guide.

*As a young man trains his battle stances over and over again an old woman starts her lecture about the mind and hart of combat and warfare*

Ok now listen carefully young one, all combat is decided with your mind not your strength or speed. You observe the situation and use it to your advantage. You dictate the ebb and flow of the combat, because if you let your opponent control you, you have already lost.

*A strange expression comes to the face of the young man*

But sensei, I don’t understand if you attack, don’t you already control the situation?

*Smiling a smile of wisdom the old woman reply’s*

Hehe. Let me explain myself. Let’s start at the beginning of all combat, preparation; a successful fighter is a prepared fighter. Put down your sword and listen to my words.

Preparation :

First off in PVP you need to be prepared, this has many meanings, and I will attempt to touch the subject as broad viewed as possible.

Buff’s : Very important, you will need enhancements to PVP nowadays if you try without you will end up dead or incapped and laughed at, so be sure to get buffs from your local doctor.

Don’t forget to buff your Mind too! Very important and often overlooked, your mind-pool is the main HAM bar most people will aim for, thus its only natural you buff it as much as you can. Musicians, and Dancers, are wonderful to buff your mind. Dancers will double your mind-pool, while musicians will double your minds secondaries like focus, and willpower. Getting both might be very hard these days with al the, Afk’ers, and hologrinders, but very useful if you can.

TIP : watch a dancer or musician for 15 minutes ( normal buff duration ) or 3.4 minutes ( speed buff duration using flourish macro ) after you’ve watched do /stoplisten or /stopwatch then watch or listen again and ask the dancer or musician to buff you again ,watch or listen him/her again for the duration needed to get 2 hour buffs

Go PvP or whatever DON’T type /stoplisten or /stopwatch until your first mindbuff fades after 2 hours .then do /stoplisten or /stopwatch and your second mind buff will kick in and you’ll have new mindbuff(s)

Personally I prefer musician buff over the dancer buffs but that’s something everyone needs to figure out on his own. In PVP mostly you’ll use your mind HAM when doing specials therefore you want to have your focus buffed, and willpower for regen, a large HAM pool might look better, (aka dancer buffs) but a good musician buff will do much better in controlling your mind pool HAM use, and regen rate, if you can get both, you have the best of 2 things, and will have a very nice edge in PVP.

Food & Drink : There are various foods that can be used in PVP ill only mention a few I’ve observed other people use allot and the ones I use. I suggest you looking it up on the net, all possible food that can be made by a chef for full detail, but I’ll go over the basics as best I can.

-Blue milk :
600 ish instant heal to your mind for 30 ish filing not often used but useful in a tight situation where you need that little edge over the opponent (drink )

-vangnerian canape :
650 ish on focus and willpower, 33 filling, 9 minutes, a great help if you don’t have musician buff’s, and even if you have, it has a short duration true, but has low filling. Eating 3 of them on top of a musician buff, and believe me even those FOTM rifleman will wonder why your mind remains full. (food )

-synthsteak :
43% DMG reduction for 42 attacks, lasts 23 minutes, 29 filling (most likely the effect will have been used up before those 23 minutes are over) This is food that gives a very nice edge in PVP especially if your facing a hard opponent like a rifleman with a ion rifle or various others that sometimes hit hard for one or another reason. This will reduce 43% of the DMG you take after your armour reduction has fully had its course, personally my favourite in PVP food. ( food )

-Thakitillo :
this will give something close to + 95 defence Vs KD for about 12 minutes at the cost of 44 filling a fencer or pistoleer using this food is near impossible to ever Kd , posture change attack will still work though just no Kd ( Kd= knockdown ) ( food )

-Ithorian Mist :
this will give 20 defence Vs dizzy for 12 minutes and has about 11 filling some people swear by it .. I myself rarely use it but a good way to get extra def (drink )

-Citroncake :
This will add 40 to accuracy for 20ish minutes 28 filling. Most will wonder why this food? Well try hitting a fencer with a Cob loop macro, believe me you’ll be glad you ate this. Basically this will give you an added bonus of 40 accuracy, on the weapon you’re using at that time in the right situation a good food. (food )

-Verculpti :
1150 Health / Action / Mind for 7ish minutes, 60ish filling, a highly unknown food and very underrated in my opinion, granted it has allot of filling but can still be used in combo with synthsteak making for a very nice combo. It adds 1150 HAM to your pools that isn’t nothing, that on top of your buff’s will give a big HAM pool in the right situation, a nice edge. (food )

-aircake:
40 dodge bonus, 23 minutes, 11 filling, commonly used by fencers and pistoleers to make it even harder to hit them, if your a fencer or pistoleer, I greatly advise you using it in combo with a Cob macro loop, and watch everyone miss you. (food )

-Ahrisa :
400 to focus, for about 35-40 minutes, 33ish filling, if I’m not mistaken don’t quote me on it, I’m all out of the stuff and haven’t found a chef in 2 days that could tell me, but its a useful food especially if you happen to use allot of mind HAM for your special attacks. ( food )

-vasarian brandy :
420 to Mind/focus/willpower, 40 minutes, 50 filling, a must use, whoever you are vs. any opponent this is the mother of useful drinks it explains itself and anyone can see why its useful. Not only does it boost you mind pool, but your secondaries too, it has allot of filling true but 2 can be consumed at the same time giving a nice buff. (drink )

These aren’t all food & drinks in game but most widely used ones that I know of, from the people I know and have asked. The stats are based on what I just bought from a dude which is a very good chef I’ve seen some with better stats but these are nice enough as it is.

Spice : I add this just in case of emergencies spice will often give you a temporary boost but has serious drawbacks only to be used in desperate times

-Moun gold :
500 to mind , focus and willpower for 10 minutes , a nice extra help but BEWARE the 5 minutes Downer reducing your stats by 500 to all 3 if you use this find a spot to sit out the downer in safety

-Pixie neuron:
1000 Health , 200 Strength , 200 constitution , 500 action , 50 Quickness , 50 stamina for 13 minutes , while useful at times again BEWARE the 5 minutes downer that will reduce your stats by the same amount as it increased it before ..

Armour : Another very important part of PVP is armour seeing as you want to reduce as much DMG as you can you want the best armour you can get. At this time, in game that’s composite armour.

Advanced composite with stats of 80 kinetic, 80 electric, and 65% base can mostly be made on any server, and by almost any master armoursmith. Now while this armour is good, you will want a smuggler to slice it on it’s effectiveness raising the base stats from 65% up to 90% as the max. Slices are random so unless you find an vendor that sells pre-sliced armour you’ll have a hard time putting a full set together.

Another point in PVP, 80% of the people you’ll encounter will use STUN DMG type. Seeing as composite is vulnerable to stun it will ignore your armour rating and thus inflict allot of DMG upon you. I recommend using stun layer composite, which has the following stats, obtainable by almost any master armour-smith 80 elect, 23 stun, 65%base. (You’ll notice kinetic isn’t high anymore because it will have moved to a base) Stun layered composite will not be vulnerable to stun DMG, and the Armourrating, light (AR-1) will work against some weapons I’ll go into this further down in this manual.

Top PVP players will most likely have a full set with stats in the lines of 80% elct / 32% stun / base 80-90 (after they have had it sliced of course).

Decay & Insurance : Very important to remember, is to insure your armour, decay should be removed from game, when you PVP, but you can still get decay, if you are triple incaped, or sometimes by a disease, or fire DoT, or sometimes even none of the above, you just get decay. It’s strange, and has baffled me at times, but best thing to do is insure, so that if you get decay its only 1% and that won’t matter much.

*note : regularly check the condition on your armour be sure to get it repair when it hits 55% of total condition I’ve seen people who totally forgot that and when they finally checked there expensive 40% stun 90% base chest or helmet they noticed that it was down to almost 15% of total condition and when they tried to repair it , It broke and went to 1/1 condition ..

PSG’s : Personal Shield Generators, are an essential part of PVP, these will save you a lot in combat against fencer’s, and pistoleer’s. There are 2 way of using them, an expensive way, requiring a lot of cash, or a cheap way requiring a helpful armour-smith.

1: Going for the Max % resist shields, these are good seeing as some can go up to 43% un-sliced, witch is nice, and decreases allot of DMG but most PSG’s have 3k condition, and if your letting it take 43% of your DMG it will break after a few shots. For example a rifleman shoots you for 500 DMG, your PSG shield decreases that by 43% (215 DMG) that means that you just lost 215 condition on your shield, and in effect about 12 shots will kill your shield it’s useful but expensive because high % PSG shields will cost a lot of money, and in big PVP battles 12 shots are only the fist few seconds of battle.

2 : Ask a armour-smith to make you some MK.1 PSG’s, these are the lowest of the lows of PSG’s BUT! These still have armour-rating 1 (light). Witch means that if they are hit by a weapon that has got no Armour-pierce 1, like the stun baton, or the genocian blaster frequently encountered weapons in PVP.

MK.1 PSG’s, will reduce 50% of the DMG, and then start on the % resist the shield has. Now these shields must never be experimented on or sliced to raise resist. Keep them at 7% they can’t go lower unfortunately but just keep them there, because there use is just to work as an extra armour-rating layer, by only taking 7% DMG of a shot, they will last a lot longer.

Example a pistoleer shoots you for 500 DMG, your % resist takes of 7% DMG (35 DMG). That means your shield would need 90 shots to break. Personally I prefer latter, but then again this last shield will only work vs. genocian blaster, and stun batons. While a ion rifle (a rifleman favourite) will cut right trough it, because it has AP-1 (light ), and will only take 7% DMG off. Witch is, as you saw not to much, but still I prefer the second, make up your own mind about it.

*Note: I already calculated the PVP DMG reduction with the initial DMG so that’s 500 DMG in PVP*
*Note : PSG’s can be sliced to increase effectiveness if you want *

Tip : click on your combat Tab and pull it to the right upper corner of your screen . this will make you able to monitor the combat spamm and will help you see how much dmg you take and what kind of attacks your opponent is using

Weapons : Essential to combat are your weapons, know them, understand them, and use them correctly!! This means use the right weapon, against the right opponent, a energy pistol won’t do much against a composite wearing opponent, a stun pistol might!

Don’t waste your stun pistol on someone, if you see he’s wearing umbese Pull out your republic blaster, and let him eat energy DMG. Basically know to adapt to your opponents armour, and know its flaws. 70% of PVP battles are done with stun weapons, the other times its either an exceptionally made weapon that has such high DMG that normal resists doesn’t matter, or the person has a trick up his sleeve.

Mostly this is a trail and error based on experience kind of thing to learn, after a while you’ll get the hang of it.

Macro’s : Macro’s are useful in PVP, and thousands have been made, some swear by there macro’s, and claim to have the ultimate macro and so on. Personally I don’t use any extensive macro’s in PVP I will detail a few to give you an idea on how to make your macro. Your imagination will find ways to use your skills I’m sure.

-CoB : Center of Being a frequently used macro by all that have a melee profession, using this skill will increase your chance to dodge/block/counter-attack etc., plus raise your melee and ranged defence a little.

You get this skill at novice brawler, and it will become better and longer as you progress into the elite melee professions. Here is how to make one:

Macro name : CoB
/ui action clearCombatQueue;
/CenterofBeing;
/pause XX (this is found by looking at your CoB duration skill and adding +1 to it for example 36 + 1 would make for a 37 pause)
/macro CoB (this will loop to the macro named CoB)

if you have a slow vid. card or connection and have regular difficulties with lag you may have to switch the CoB macro to CoB duration + 3 to cope with the lag sometimes

-Intimidate : is also a very useful skill in PVP, and I use this macro to use it.

Macro name: intimidate
/intimidate

Basically this clears the combat queue immediately, making sure you don’t have to wait until all your spammed attacks have are clear trough till you can intimidate.

-Bleeds : are also useful in PVP not so much for the bleed DMG, but because 40% of the people will try, and stop the bleeding or panic, here’s what I use as a bleed macro.

Macro name: bleed
/healtshot1;
/healtshot2;

Yes bleeds do still stack! I’ve confirmed this on several people, and on Mob’s, bleeds will still stack they got nerved on DMG not on stacking, contrary to common belief. Furthermore in PVP I don’t use any macro’s except, that I make a macro for every special I can do and add the line /deathblow to it. Basically this works as a normal attack, but if you can deathblow him it will instantly.

Macro name : Headhit3
/melee2hHeadhit3;
/deathblow;

Seconds are precious in PVP so DON’T waste them using the radial menu to deathblow a person!

-Warcry : Useful is a warcry macro this will buy you time to heal yourself or if you see your opponent run from you to try and kite will give you time to delay him and run your own direction making him come to you ..

Macro name : warcry
/warcry1 ( or 2 )
/peace ( very important or you’ll attack and your warcry will fail )

ToolbarPane : Very important in PVP, is to know your toolbarslot by hart. Make it organised with everything you need on 1 toolbarpane if you need extra room for food and spice, or dismount, burst run etc. don’t put them in your main toolbarpane. Rather make a macro that switches to the next toolbarpane and use the toolbarslot there, then switch back. I’ll give an example.

The slots are numbers from 00-23 like this

00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

And the toolbar Pane’s are the number on the top left of the slots ranging from 1 to 6 , each pane will give you a new set of toolbarslots from 00-23

[1] = 00
[2] = 01
[3] = 02
[4] = 03
[5] = 04
[6] = 05

On toolbarpane00, toolbarslot 00- 22 are used by me with attacks and macro’s, 23 is a macro that switches me to toolbapane01. On toolbarpane01, my toolbarslot 00-22 are used for food, emotes and other non essential things on 23 there’s a macro that switches me back to toolbarpane00

Macro name : switch
/ui action toolbarPane01;

Macro name : back
/ui action toolbarPane00;

It is easy, and fast, and will free space used in your main toolbarpane by non-essential things.

Tip : have a macro going to a toolbarPane with IDENTICAL settings to your main PvP pane . because sometimes in all the action you’ll click on the toolbarslots to fast and they’ll act like you dragged 1 slot to another . If this happens hit the button that brings you to the reserve PvP toolbar pane and you’ll be al right instead of adjusting your toolbarPane during combat

Skills & Defences : Skills and defences are very important, and should be known by hart, especially those you can use with your profession, but also generally what other profession have, giving you an insight into what profession your duelling when you see him using an certain attack on you, and thereby giving you a chance to adjust your tactics. I will go over some common defences, because in SWG defence is king, in PVP ALL, defences are capped at 125!! { it is possible to go over this cap with Sea’s (total of 25 in 1 skill ) }

-Melee & ranged defence : These determine if you are hit or not. The higher you have these, the more likely your opponent is to miss you, this is before any other defences kick-in, and in my opinion the most important ones you have. As you can figure ranged works for ranged attacks, melee works for melee attacks.

-Melee & ranged mitigation : Damage mitigation doesn't reduce the TOTAL damage done to you -- it reduces the RANGE of damage that can be done to you. Here's the breakdown:

Level 1 damage mitigation limits damage to 80% of the range (20% reduction)
Level 2 damage mitigation limits damage to 60% of the range (40% reduction)
Level 3 damage mitigation limits damage to 40% of the range (60% reduction)

Damage mitigation works in both PvE *and* PvP, and it's a passive ability -- you don't have to activate it.
How does it work, specifically? Let's take two hypothetical examples, to make it clear using ranged mitigation

SR Combat: 80-140 damage range
Uber Krayt FWG5: 45-425 damage range

The SR's range is 60 (140 minus 80 = 60), and Ranged Damage Mitigation 3 reduces this by 60%, to 24. The minimum damage is NOT effected, just the range, so the range is now 80-104.

The Krayt's range is 380 (425 minus 45 = 380), and Ranged Damage Mitigation 3 reduces this by 60%, to 142. The minimum damage is NOT effected, just the range, so the range is now 45-197.

What you should notice, from these examples, is that weapons with a large spread in between their minimum and maximum damage are the hardest hit. Weapons with a very high minimum damage aren't "mitigated" as much as weapons with a big spread between minimum and maximum damage. In this example, for instance, the Krayt is hit a lot harder than the SR. Before the Damage Mitigation, the average damage of the Krayt was 235, which is around 214 percent higher than the SR. After the Damage Mitigation the average damage of the Krayt is 121 and the average damage of the SR is 92. The Krayt is now only 31 percent stronger than the SR, because the Damage Mitigation reduces its damage far more than it reduces the SR's damage.

Laser Carbine; 38-264 Damage (151 average) AFTER MITIGATION 3 = 38-128 (83 average),
a 45.0 PERCENT DECREASE
DXR6 Carbine; 97-149 Damage (123 average) AFTER MITIGATION 3 = 97-118 (107.5 average),
a 12.6 PERCENT DECREASE
Laser Rifle: 29-376 Damage (202.5 average) AFTER MITIGATION 3 = 29-168 (98.5 average),
a 51.4 PERCENT DECREASE
T21 Rifle: 118-333 Damage (225.5 average) AFTER MITIGATION 3 = 118-204 (161 average),
a 28.6 PERCENT DECREASE

-Dodge/Block/Counterattack : These defences will kick in after your melee or ranged defence has failed, and your opponent hits you. They give a chance to avoid DMG. They only work if you equip a weapon that is from that profession. For example you will only dodge, if your holding a pistol, or block using a polearm, counterattack using a carbine.

Important to know you can stack these up to 125 by using there melee or ranged clones i.e. pistoleer dodge stacks with fencer dodge, pikeman block, stacks with rifleman block, swordsman counterattack, stacks with carbine counterattack. TKM with defence acuity, have the short straw as that skill is working but doesn’t do anything after some essential parts where removed, from TKM during beta. It works but does nothing Yay! :p Yes this means that you can dodge using any fence weapon or pistol :p

-Melee toughness : This is a DMG reducing skill only melee get, and only if there using a melee weapon. The amount of toughness you have with your weapon of that type. Example: two handed toughness, polearm toughness, unarmed toughness is the % of DMG reduction you’ll get in combat as an extra DMG reducer BEFORE armour reduction , giving melee’s a nice edge in PVP.

Most ranged will “kite” melee’s, then again if your experienced it will become more difficult to kite you, a good melee can keep ranged people from kiting him/her.

-Defence Vs dizzy, stun, blind, etc. : These are useful defences and the higher you have them the more difficult it is for your opponent to make a successful status attack on you. Fencer/pistoleer templates are notorious for there incredible high status defence’s. If you don’t have these an experienced PVP’er will have a huge edge in combat over you, be warned.

-combat equilibrium : This is a skill some melee’s get like TKM, Fencer, that will work automatically if your affected by a posture change attack, restore you to standing whiteout having to fear you’ll flop on your back if your dizzy. If you have this high anyone trying to dizzy/lunge-KD you will try there best and you’ll get up every time laughing.

-Defence Vs posture change : There are 2 kinds, posture change up, or posture change down; most commonly used (90% of the time) is posture change down. Therefore I recommend getting that posture change defence high, the other move will hardly be used on you. So in the off chance it will be used it wont matter to much.

-HAM specific attack skills : These are the ones you have to use in PVP why? Simple, HAM specific moves will concentrate your attack on 1 of his HAM bars, instead of all 3, giving him less chance to regenerate, and will kill him faster.

Mostly used, are attacks that target mind-pool like headshot3, headhit3, but not uncommon are bodyshot2, or bodyhit2. Some use random attack to good effect, it mostly depends on your template, and your style. I know people using random hits like scatter hit or fanshot and can still be very effective in PVP.

It all depends on how you play, experience will teach you what to do.

-Accuracy : :This will determine if you hit your opponent, it’s based on your accuracy vs. his melee, or ranged defence. After that another factor involved is his special dodge/block/counterattack (I don’t know the exact formula but the general rule applies, the higher the better.

-Speed : In PVP you will want to have you speed as high as possible, because it will affect how fast you’ll do your special attacks. Example, a pistol with a 3.4 speed, with a skill of 40 on pistol speed won’t shoot at the speed cap of 1 second, instead being closer to 2 seconds. Usually you can get the formula to calculate this on your profession specific forums, seeing as it varies from profession to profession.

*The young man woke up, grass still sticking to his face. He had fallen asleep during his sensei’s lecture and was now looking around his senses startled by something*

I see you are awake young one, was my lecture so boring? Oh well no use in repeating myself if you seem so set on fighting let me teach it to you the hard way.

*He had heard that his sensei was a warrior to be recon with, 20 years ago. Now all he saw was an old woman past her prime standing with her walking-cane in hand like a sword*

But, sensei surely I can’t attack you, if you got hurt, I mean, I am grateful you’re willing to teach me but I can’t fight you.

*A smile blossomed on her face*

So, you think me weak, and old, not capable of fighting now do you? Has your short lifetime thought you all you need to know to judge your opponent’s? Now has it. Hum, very impressive. Let me put it this way, if you don’t take your sword to your hand and attack me, you can go home now I have nothing further to teach you!

*Hesitantly, the young man took his sword in hand, and walked across to his sensei, figuring that if he would faint left, and then reverse hitting her walking-cane and spinning her on the floor would be enough and wouldn’t hurt her too much*

Ok sensei, its your choice...

*They position themselves across from each other, each in battle stance, the young man with his sword in a frontal down position, and the old woman with her cane across her hip linear with her other leg. They stood still for seconds that felt like hours*

Here I come...

*The young man shouts at her, lunges forward, and just as he faints left he sees a smile on his sensei’s face. She spins around out of the way, faster then he can follow as he feels the pain of the cane on his back he suddenly realises he did exactly what she had wanted him to do. He had lost the first moment he had attacked*

And so we come to the next chapter Combat. I thank you all for reading this far, and hope it was useful, or helpful. Now comes some insights and common knowledge about combat.

Combat :

Combat is a hard and difficult topic seeing as each person has his or her way of doing combat. I will just try and touch some useful tips, and hints. Just advice as I have said before, I am not telling you this is how you should do it, I’m trying to help you develop your own idea’s, and inform you of things you might not have known.

-Terrain : Terrain very helpful if used correctly, this can help with preventing people from “kiting” you or just help you hide to heal or meditate. It can help you sneak up on enemies too.

I’ll give some examples: Buildings can be used to run into if you have a ranged opponent kiting you. Making him come to you, in a small and un-manuverable location and then closing in on him, or just go from building to building in and out again while going trough town looking for enemies.

Some will see a red dot on there HUD radar but they still need to target you, if you sneak a peek around a corner you can see them, before they can see you. Using tab key they can target you, but don’t worry. Try and lure 1 or 2 out from there group by just teasing at a corner of a building, eventually they’ll follow if they bring there group, go back, run, and return. Taking on entire groups is to much, but 2 to 3 is possible, if your good.

Know your city, if your PVPing in a imp city as imperial, know where to pull your opponents to have the NPC’s attack them. While not lethal, it will distract them playing into your hand. If reversed your PVPing as imp in a rebel city know which places to avoid so they don’t pull some bothersome NPC’s on you, and mainly let them come to you!!

Control the battle, never let yourself be taunted by the others. Once you give away the rains of control, you give them 1 more step to victory. Use slopes and hills to your advantage, as a ranged person, some melee templates don’t have terrain negotiation if you see that use it. If they come to close, run up a hill and see them fall all the way back. Use Burst run ONLY if your opponents uses it, otherwise at crucial times when your in trouble you won’t have it, and your opponent might.

PVPing in player cities is fun too, as you have more slopes an hills to use and if its your town you might have a factional base that provides a good support and an added difficulty for the attackers, and turrets if used correctly can decimate an entire army.

Basically terrain means use everything to your advantage, like NPC’s, Mob’S, hill’s, slopes, factional bases, etc. The world is your playing field, be inventive, and you’ll think of more ways to use/abuse the terrain.

-Know your opponent : If you PVP you’ll soon encounter the same people over, and over, those are usually the hardcore PVP’ers that will often seems as gods, compared to you when you first start off in PVPing. Sometimes by skills, mostly by experience, they will walk all over you, and you’ll be a small bump on their road to glory.

Use this time to see what they do, how they work. PVP teams usually consist of the same people, using the same tactic, over and over. very rarely changing because a lack of competition has made them, to self-confident or lazy. Most players play using a pattern.

If you can identify that pattern you can use it. Good players don’t play by pattern, they will change frequently always in motion. Those are the hardest opponents you’ll ever meet .They are unpredictable relying on instinct, experience, and by reading your moves. These are the most fun to fight. NEVER assume you’ll win. Always, at the very least think of your opponent as your equal, in skill and abilities, that way you wont be surprised if he puts up a fight. Even the smallest child can have a lucky break and stab you in the gut.

A good thing is to size up your opponent, do little burst attacks, and see how he reacts. Attacking and running, and see what he does. This can give you a reasonable picture of your enemy, true combat isn’t decided by muscles or weapons, but by using one’s mind.

-Defensive playing will win the day : Playing on offence is not an unheard of tactic but has a major flaw; if your opponent is startled or panicked by your attack he’ll react and you’ll die. Defensive playing will keep you alive to fight again, this also means, show your opponent NO RELIEF. Honourable combat was a term created by those who where defeated in combat to try and get a second chance to stab you in the back.

True warriors understand that there is no relief from battle except death and that by giving your opponent a worthy death, you have given him peace of mind and of soul. If you live every day, prepared to die, each extra day you get is a bonus, and a gift from heaven.

Strike, run, strike, and run. Common tactics used by several fighting factions throughout the ages. Why? because it works. You go in strike at the hart of your opponent, kill him, and or one of his group members, run back out regroup, and strike again. Unrelenting, never the same way, be as a wolf hunting if you see a flaw exploit it to your advantage.

Be sure to play it safe, and defensive, use your Food, your armour, and your skills. Make it so that if they want to get you, they have to work for it. Who cares if someone can do 700 DMG, if you play it defensively, that 700 DMG will be reduced to 50 DMG, and your not so all mighty 350 DMG, will eventually win the day. Think, before you act, and act before react.

-Kiting & defence against kiting : Kiting is done by a ranged profession, by staying at max range, out of a melee’rs combat range. Thereby making any attempts of the melee’er useless because he can’t hit the ranged person. This is a valid tactic and if used properly, useful to deal with the medium, and lower skilled players. Against the good and really good player thought, it wont work, most of the time. There are several ways to defend Vs kiting.

One example is use lunge attacks, causing the opponent to kneel, getting you in range for an attack. Running around corners, or into building so the ranged opponent has to follow you if he wants to kill you. Also burst run to him, although I don’t like this particular choice.

If you think of it, there are hundreds of ways to avoid being kited. In time you’ll develop your own cure against it, or in time you’ll perfect your kiting technique so that others can’t protect against it.

-Status attacks : These will often make a combat easy. Examples are, a doctor that’s blinded can’t heal group members, a dizzied opponent that posture changes does the back-flip on the floor while you hit him, and a intimidated opponent does 33% less DMG on you. As you can see, its useful use it to your advantage.

Blind : Your opponent won’t hit you as often because his accuracy will be reduced + he also wont be able to heal others.

Dizzy : This will give your opponent a hard time if he tried to kneel or stand or if you force him to kneel or stand by using posture change attacks like lunge or KD (Knock Down)

Intimidated : Your opponent’s DMG will be reduced, thus making you take less DMG.

Warcry : This will pause your opponent for 10 seconds at warcry 1 or 20 seconds at warcry 2 giving you time to heal or run basically buying you time to do something this pause will break if you attack him though!

-Group tactics : Not much to say about this. Find people you enjoy playing with, go PVP regularly work out ways to optimize your attacks together. Use someone as support that heals, a main person that chooses the targets, and everyone assists him on his target etc. Use someone else to lure others into a trap, where the rest of the group can jump him.

The more imagination you use the better you’ll become. Be warned if you do this in groups, the weakest of your group is never given important tasks, because if you count on him/her, and they die, then your royally *censored* up your special place.

-DoT weapons : This is used to combat people with heavy buffs or massive food stats stacking .. a mindpoison combined with a disease or fire or even another poison from another weapon will counter there sometimes insane regen and even if your dmg is minimal you’ll be able to kill your opponent , added bonus is some people will panic if there poisoned /diseased /fire and panic is always good to take advantage from

Warning !! Fire Dots will incap don’t use em in friendly duels or versus friends if they have a long duration or if your friend has already been incapped 2 times or he’ll die 3times from incap and will suffer decay ..

-DMG : Understand how DMG works. All weapons have an armour-pierce rating from none to, light to, medium to heavy armour-pierce. Realise if you PVP and use a weapon with no armour-pierce you’ll do ridiculous low DMG.

Also understand that if someone uses a weapon on you with a higher armour-pierce rating then your armour, they get a DMG bonus, but are still affected by your resists on the armour.

Example the young man shoots the old woman for 600 DMG with his T-21 rifle, the old woman in her composite gets hit. The fist stage is AR vs. AP. The T21 is heavy armour-pierce the composite is light armour so the T-21 gets a bonus to the DMG done (not sure how much though) but let’s say 700 DMG. Now the old woman has 90% resists on her composite so the young man eventually does 70 DMG to the woman.

ARMORRATING and RESISTS are SEPERATE stages of DMG reduction!! I cant stress this enough, remarkably there are allot of people that don’t know this out there. 65% of all weapons are light armour-pierce, 25% medium, 9% none, and 1% heavy. Get to know the weapons so you can adjust. In the right conditions, if you adjust, you will come out on top.

*The young man woke up in his bed in the sensei’s home, suddenly feeling the pain on his back, and remembering the fight. He glances sideways and sees his sensei writing a letter*

Ah I see your awake young one, I’m afraid that I was a little out of practise; I never meant to knock you out. Merely to sting you a little, I apologise, but still I think you’ll remember this lesson for a long time won’t you?

*Painfully rubbing his neck he nods, and motions to the letter she’s writing*

Sensei, what are you writing?

*An almost childish face appears on the sensei’s feature’s making her seem young again*

Ah, I’m writing down what I told you when you fell asleep of course. Did you think I would knock lessons into you everyday? Not only would your thick skull break eventually but my body couldn’t handle the stress of giving you a beating every day.

*Smiling she stops writing*

There, that should be enough for you to study, and it will give me time to be at rest, while your thick mass consume the lessons within. I pray next time you wont make your teacher strain herself again. I seriously think I’ll need a week to recover.

*For a second he sees the face of an old and tired woman, but in that face glows the sparkling eye’s of a young woman. She might be old but she isn’t out of the game yet*

( this was made at May , 21 in the year 2004 and is based on how the game worked at that time )

Katchiko lay , Mswordsman/ TKM ,
Grand admiral in the glorious imperial army,
Proud citizen of Auroa ionis on Naboo and player on lowca server
Kuiloo Master DOC & Combat Med
Combat Support Division
RID

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:37 pm

Wow, this is some great info Doc. I learned a lot, and I am sure the rest of RID can too. I am going to direct them here for PvP tips.

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:09 pm

Success to winning pvp??

Stun armour, Stun PSG, Synthsteak, Canape and maybe some ithorian mist..

Stun/Intimidate/Blind your opponent and keep these states on.

Spam DoTs and any attack that hits for mind...

Have fun darlings.

Idfig

Post by Idfig » Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:12 am

thats cool

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:48 pm

Oraf's PVP strategy (A simple, step-by-step plan for what to do when you find yourself in combat with another human):
Step 1: Curse loudly for being dumb enough to enter into combat.
Step 2: Press CTRL+F3 (Health Shot 2) until your fingers go red.
Step 3: Try as hard as you can to get off a feign death.
Step 4: Explain through tells that the reason you died is "I don't PVP much..."

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:57 pm

lol I'm with Oraf on this one!

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:44 am

Healthshot 2 = Worthless in pvp.... who attacks for health??

Best bet is to pick up BH pistols for eyeshot.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:03 am

You think I don't know that? It's the best combat skill I have at the moment. I'm gonna be working overtime tonight to get Low Blow (a.k.a. Groinshot)

??øˆ¨<pi>ª•¶?¨?ø¬?ˆø