Server Maintenance October 10

A place for members to share useful information with one another.

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Mikal
Second Lieutenant
Server Maintenance October 10

Post by Mikal » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:40 am

According to the launchpad, they are supposed to be doing hardware maintenance on the server on October 10. It is scheduled for longer than most servers (some servers are scheduled for 2 hours, 4 hours, Starsider is 6 hours). This can mean one of 2 things. One, some lag issues may be cleared up, or 2, they are about to royally screw everything up. Let's just hope it is the former and not the latter hehe.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:54 am

The downtime is from 6 AM PDT to 12 PM PDT (Noon). So, if you're EDT, they'll be up by 2 pm. Thankfully, to most of RID, this won't affect too many of us.

But, I agree with you, they're going to screw something up...and the servers will down until 4 or 5 pm PDT. Call me a Negative Nancy, but I'm a realist!

Mikal
Second Lieutenant

Post by Mikal » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:46 pm

Yeah, 4 or 5 the servers may come back up...hopefully with items, levels, and characters intact...Ultima Online upgraded their servers back in 1999 and lost 2 whole servers. That was a bit of a fiasco for them. Thankfully most companies learned from it and now backup to a different computer right before they do maintenance. (Ultima Online had just got bought by Electronic Arts at the time, as far as what company made the blunder)