RP events?

Read and post about events occuring in RID

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Gesro
RP events?

Post by Gesro » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:25 pm

Anyone want to do some RP events, like patrols, raids on criminal guilds, going to parties and doing inspection, battle training or jsut hanging out in Mos Eisley?

For Imperial RP:

Here is what we could do as our RP background for what we are...

Regal Imp Defenders - Special Operations Army assigned to Fort Oasis, Tatooine.

Sector Commander - Moff Yovel

Army Official - General...(Appointed by Lexx)

Navy Official - Admiral...(space only, so we may or may not have this, unless someone is Master Imp pilot and has a multi-person ship?)

Command Officers - Colonel...(Squad Leaders)

Officers - Lieutenant to Major...(appointed by SL)

Non-Commisioned Officers - Private to Warrent Officer(normal "grunts")

This kind of ranking system would just be for the RP events, and it would give us another thing to do as a guild. We could just go out and have some fun, acting as Imperial officers. I'm in no way suggesting a change in the command structure of the guild, again, just for RP purposes SL doesn't sound good :wink: .

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:59 pm

Hehehe, I know that even as an outsider I'd hate to see RID go through another command structure change. But, it would be nice to see the RP structure you outlined somehow implemented into the current command structure. Perhaps change a few titles to suit RP purposes or add a few positions that would basically be nothing but a title for RP purposes. Dunno, just think it'd be cool even though I was never much of an RPer...

Gesro

Post by Gesro » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:56 pm

Kurke_Aumea wrote:Hehehe, I know that even as an outsider I'd hate to see RID go through another command structure change. But, it would be nice to see the RP structure you outlined somehow implemented into the current command structure. Perhaps change a few titles to suit RP purposes or add a few positions that would basically be nothing but a title for RP purposes. Dunno, just think it'd be cool even though I was never much of an RPer...

Well the RP community has been dying for awhile, I used to do it all the time, but 50% of them are doing it just to cyber now, i'm not into that so ya. Would just be fun to get together 1-2 times a week and RP a bit, work on our characters sotries, interatc with other RPers and mainly, have fun!

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:43 pm

It's sad to hear that RP is dying on Starsider, because Starsider has always been known for good RP. I never really RPed simply because there were some RP wackos out there. Seriously, some of them took RP way too seriously and caused some serious problems. If any of you know Star', then you know what I mean...

As for the cyber people, tell them to go use AIM. Spending $15 a month to use SWG as a way to cyber with someone is disturbing... I know I have better things to spend $15 a month on.

Anyways, back on topic. Curious, how many RP cities are left??? I should probably go tag this on the other thread, but perhaps RID's next city could be a RP city. It's just a thought.

Till then, there's a variety of ways you can have some fun RP events. You can have weddings between characters, parties at your cantina, or even have SWG Jeopardy again!!!! (OK, not really RP but some really fun events) The best player events in SWG have many times been non-combat events. I'll never forget when we had my wedding with Zrin in Nar Shadda. It was a lot of fun and everyone just had a blast (and I still think my city hall is the best decorated because of the wedding).

You have a lot of buildings in Fort Oasis that can serve as good RP locations. The cantina is always a fun place to have RP events. You have a theater which I am sure doesn't get used. The guild hall can always be redecorated to suit any occasion. And the city hall can serve as a meeting place on grand proportions.

Hire or make a band and serve drinks one night in the cantina. Make a play to hold at the theater (would be interesting to see RID's hsitory be acted out on stage!!!) Hold guild orientation meetings for new guild members in the guild hall. Use the city hall to hold debates (for fun or for an actual debate). Heck, you got a big city. Perhaps hold some sort of murder mystery and give a prize to whoever wins. People always get creative with how they decorate their houses (especially the larger ones), so decorate the houses in some cool way and have some sort of event there.

You could even make some guild films. Make a story, act it out with fellow guild mates, and record it all!!!! (You could do something like TROOPS or even make a western themed SWG movie or.... hell, the list goes on!!!) Edit it and publish it and you might just have the next summer blockbuster.

OK, talking like this makes me want to play SWG again....

Gesro

Post by Gesro » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:26 am

Those are really great ideas.

Expect me to start an event based around one of those idea's soon. :D

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:25 am

An RP structure would be okay, just for RP events that is. I've been wanting to do marches (it's a good way to gather recruits). A revival of jeopardy would be fun too.

Gesro

Post by Gesro » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:35 pm

marching would be great around Mos Eisley or anywhere really. Would definatly help attract attention to us

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:41 pm

You know I'm gonna keep pushing Jeopardy!!!!! lol

Honestly, I'd like to see RID have more non-combat events. There's always a combat event going on somewhere, but non-combat events are few and far between, especially the good ones. Plus, people need a break from combat every now and then.

Here's a few more ideas:

-Hold a monthly flea market in Fort Oasis or RID's other cities. Decorate a few house near each other in a "market" type of way. Then have people from RID and other guilds place vendors for a day or for a weekend. Maybe even have some bands playing, a raffle, or some other RP events during the flea market. (would really be a boost to the city's economy)

-Treasure hunts. I know the mechanics for it are in the game, but I haven't heard about RID holding one recently. Would be a fun way to spend a Saturday afternoon in-game.

-Tour de Tatooine. With all the new player vehicles available, you can have a weekend of speed!!!! Setup different vehicle classes and then setup several different courses. The mechanics are there for it all, just make sure you do proper planning as this would be a large event. A big purse wouldn't hurt either. Say 250k for taking each class and maybe a 1mill purse for whoever takes overall win.

-Imperial Day. Decorate Fort Oasis with Imperial flags and troops and ships and arrange for some special apperances. Maybe have a lottery, some music, and a few other things.

OK, there's a few more ideas for ya'll.

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:50 am

I can't see RP in RID. Even the Cell/Jekks trial I thought was supposed to be roleplayed but it kept falling inbetween role playing and non-role playing.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:07 am

Dont be so sure Lev, things change :wink:
Besides, the Jekks/Cell trial was NOT supposed to be RP :lol:
It was to seriously discuss what he did to RID, and how to deal with him.

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:07 am

But everything he did was out of RP, albeit too far of an extream RP

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Gesro

Post by Gesro » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:12 am

I was RPing with Gladius last night, fun stuff. More people should try it out, it's fun, and you don't have to do it all the time.

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:16 am

I agree, lots of fun to do on occasion :)

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:19 pm

Just remember that if RP does become more common in RID, that some rules get put in place to control it. I've seen people get way too carried away with RP and it can cause a lot of problems when it gets like that.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:27 pm

Let's not go back to the Cell debate again :lol:
You know whether I think what he did was RP or viciousness. :wink:

RP'ing itself is fine, the people who use RP as a scapegoat however, are not. When RP crosses the line, it simply isn't RP, like we've seen with Mi'ke. So RP isn't to blame, it's the people who know what they are doing is irritable and NOT RP, and claim it as RP.