suggested event... (DWB)

Read and post about events occuring in RID

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Gesro
suggested event... (DWB)

Post by Gesro » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:04 pm

A few of us were discussing this in guild chat earlier today and I thought i would post it here:

We should plan an event out, starting soon, that will happen about one month from now. Kill the Overlord of the Deathwatch and craft anything we can, and if we can't craft anything then, we will hopefully get many components for a future run of the same type.

Loot Controller: Responsible person who can record what components we have and what we need to craft the armor and jetpack(if wanted). This person will also help distribute loot that we don't need for crafting to people in the groups by means of a lottery system of some sort. All loot for crafting will be stored in the loot house which only the loot controller and 3 group leaders will have access to. When we have all the components for a set of armor we will go and craft it, whoever is first in the conga line will get the armor.

Group1:
leader - Person who coordinates the group.
tank - Takes alot of the damage for the group.
damage - Deals lots of damage.
damage
crowd control - Pull, root, knockdown, whatever is needed in that area.
healer - Heals and revives.
healer
crafter- Is one of the neccesary crafters for components(not always required for loot runs).

Group2: leader, tank, damage, damage, crowd control, healer, healer, crafter

Group3: leader, tank, damage, crowd control, healer, crafter, crafter, crafter

And yes, everyone who gets a shot on the Overlord will get the badge and credit for killing, but only one group will get the loot. But that can easily be solved by the leader of each group taking all the loot and storing it in a designated safe house so we can stockpile it and work towards getting as many sets/peices of mando armor as possible. After the first time it should be easy to do this 1-2 times per month, it would not take a huge commitment, just 1-2 hours of 24 people's time twice every month. The rewards would be great, and not just in loot, in fun as well.

What we need:
Binary Liquid - Random loot. Only lootable from Ghosts and Wraiths.
Protective Liquid Coating - Random loot. Only lootable from Ghosts and Wraiths.
Bounty Hunter Armor - Randomly spawned Black Sun outside DWB.
Alum Minerals - Quest reward from The Foreman’s Quest.

Master Droid Engineer, Armorsmith, Tailor.

We need all this for EACH peice of Mandolorian armor, and furthermore you only have 5 minutes to craft a peice, if that time is up you will be kicked out of the DWB, but you can of course make it out of the room so you can go craft more, with 24 people, defending the crafters and getting out of the room shouldn't be to hard.

Three Raid Types:
General Run - This will be a run where we just go in to get any components we can, and if we get what we need we will craft stuff in this session as well. We will also complete the quests in there and kill the Overlord.
Loot Run - We will go in there strictly to farm for components needed to craft, no crafting will be done and we will more then likely not face the Overlord or complete any quests.
Crafting Run - We will go in there strictly to craft something, no farming will be done but we may still get some loot.

Crafting Options:
There can be two ways which we would craft the armor for each person. One way would be to start a conga line, and everytime we have the required somponents to craft a set(possibly peices if looting is to hard). Second way would be to stockpile the components untill the end then go in there with the intention of crafting as many suits as possible, this will be more difficult because of time restraints of crafting, but would be nice to have everyone get it around the same time.

Because the colour of the peice you craft is random people should be able to interchange with other people to see if we can get most people with identical suits. We may even be able to craft extra suits/peices to sell for guild financing and distribution throughout the guild or to display in a building within FO.

comments?
Last edited by Gesro on Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:08 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:30 pm

Thats sounds like a great idea, thanks for doing some of the planning but here is a complete guide http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/boar ... .id=261402 Our guild hall is missing a set of Mando Armor. :wink:

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:34 pm

oh, btw, the guide is pre-cu but it will still help a little, I hope

Gesro

Post by Gesro » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:44 pm

Ya, some of it probly isn't very accurate anymore, mainly the profession roles, and what items to bring, but the crafting stuff and how to handle the place should help us out. Although the place shouldn't be overly hard with 24 people as long as we take it slow and calm. Alot of groups struggle to get 2 rooms in, when I was there the other day with Kyubi and such, we made it like 6-7 rooms in before are rezzer died, then it kind of went downhill from there, but it wasn't overly hard with only 8 of us, some of which were not even 80.

We don't need to go hard core on this, but it would just be fun to see if we can try and craft 24 sets of mando armor in 6 months or so, we could start a conga line for it and when everyone has it we could help out some of the people who didn't make the line get a set, would just be sweet to see RID have some nice armor. Also people say that you can't do more then 8 people now, but like I said, if we regulate loot and everyone hits the overlord then we should be ok about managing 24 people down there, would just be really nice to have a good chunk of the members out there having fun, kicking ass and proving that the DWB isn't impossible, you just have to come up with new and innovative ways to handle the situation that has been given to us.

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:50 pm

You might want to add a loot controller 2 the needed positions. Some one who is very organized and can keep a written log of what parts we have, what parts we still need, that we have all of the crafters required 2 make the suit, and stuff like that.

Gesro

Post by Gesro » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:01 am

ok edited the post. That was a good idea, I guess I forgot that maybe the group leaders who planned the raids and such didn't also want to watch over loot and organize that.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:06 am

And another idea, any time any body loots any component they r to immediatly report it to the Loot Controller so he/she can cross it off the list, and all loot is givin to the group leader to later be transfered to the component house or whatever we plan on using.

Gesro

Post by Gesro » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:51 am

Ghettofied wrote:And another idea, any time any body loots any component they r to immediatly report it to the Loot Controller so he/she can cross it off the list, and all loot is givin to the group leader to later be transfered to the component house or whatever we plan on using.

the group leader will be master looted and handle all loot, they will also open all containers.

Gesro

Post by Gesro » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:05 am

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:47 am

Something I just thought of, we would also have to make sure that all of us were either on leave or combanant, other wise people would have to clone if the rezzer was at a different staus then them. And if we were already some what far down they wouldnt be able to make it back to us and then we would be stuck with missing a person.

Gesro

Post by Gesro » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:31 am

Ghettofied wrote:Something I just thought of, we would also have to make sure that all of us were either on leave or combanant, other wise people would have to clone if the rezzer was at a different staus then them. And if we were already some what far down they wouldnt be able to make it back to us and then we would be stuck with missing a person.

Very true, but we make sure of that at most events.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:27 am

What skills do you need to have to wear Mandolorian armor?

Waucod Meesman

Gesro

Post by Gesro » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:40 am

Waucod Meesman wrote:What skills do you need to have to wear Mandolorian armor?

Waucod Meesman

It's assault armor, which I can't wear. I plan to either keep the armor on display or sell it.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:32 pm

I was hoping this thread would be a little more popular.... Me, Gesro, and Waucod wouldn't be able to do this thing on our own, lol.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:43 pm

Tell your fellow guildies in-game to come see this thread for details and to post their thoughts here. Seeing as how not many RIDers post here, you need to let them know that the forums do exist and aren't some fabled rumor.