Upcoming Event with Mek

Read and post about events occuring in RID

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Issele
Captain
Upcoming Event with Mek

Post by Issele » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:51 pm

Canner and I met yesterday to talk about a event MEK is doing and they want us to be a part of it. The date is not set yet but will be in a few weeks:

This is the basic outline:

MEK is going 100% rebel and will have a ceromony in there city that will involve them declaring loyatie to the Rebellion. Princess Leia will arrive to accept them into the Rebellion and give a short speech. Mean time RID will get word of these traders and Princcess ship will be seen in the Sector. RID gathers forces to stop this ceromony. Darth Vader contacts Lexx to prepare for his landing outside of MEkisco City where we will be gathered at an Imperial Command Post. Once Vader lands he gives the call to attack... we head into the city to fight the Rebellion.

This is a private event sponsored by MEK. We can invite two other Imperial PA's, I would suggest SHC and WAVE.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:55 pm

*TWITCH* MUST GET SWG BACK *TWITCH*

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:55 pm

SHC and Wake are good options. I'll speak more to Cannar about this as well.

bizob

Post by bizob » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:46 pm

Cool, a full out offensive!

This sounds like another great event. This time I'l make sure to get the night off from work so I can fully participate.

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:31 pm

I hope i will be able to join this one.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Szul

Post by Szul » Mon May 01, 2006 4:04 am

Call me crazy, but I say to invite IMPHL. Pros of doing that far outweigh the cons.

Apium
Colonel

Post by Apium » Mon May 01, 2006 2:17 pm

Szul wrote:Call me crazy, but I say to invite IMPHL. Pros of doing that far outweigh the cons.

I would have said the same thing until an IMPHL was preaching to us RID to not RP during PVP. It wasn't very nice preaching either. This is just as much a RP event as it is PVP. Besides I don't see MEK even allowing IMPHL. SHC and Wake are good choices.
swtor: Aeroxis

Apium Auvair- Master Medic
Kalice- Master Architect
Aurelie Auvair- Jedi Master
Victoire Auvair- Master Armorsmith

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Mon May 01, 2006 6:46 pm

Who the heck gets upset about people RPing pvp?

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon May 01, 2006 7:14 pm

When we were grouped with two IMPHL's yesterday... Lingling and Janglor, Lingling went on about RID saying, "when the Rebels come dont do all your RP junk." It's puzzeling in itself that we hardly RP at all, and even if we did, I honestly dont see why they care.

Lingling then said, "that's why you always lose." Janglor, another IMPHL member sent me a tell saying, "dont mind him," so I just ignored the whole situation.

Szul

Post by Szul » Mon May 01, 2006 9:11 pm

Its funny, but it seems that IMPHL thinks RID is a RP guild for some oddball reason. XVI makes fun of RID for exactly the opposite, TK-465 got all asshat with me one night flaming RID for being a wannabe RP guild. Pretty much why I quit them, theres just no need to be an asshole like that.

If lingading wants a lesson on how a RID member can grief, I will be happy to teach him a class or two. :twisted:

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon May 01, 2006 9:30 pm

That's funny Szul, I was *just* gonna say that. The RP guilds look down on RID for not doing enough RP, and the PvP guilds look down on us for being too much RP. Of course I think the negativity from the PvP guilds is much stronger.

We are the middleground... honestly I dont want to be fanatical about RP... it's way too difficult. The only real "RP" I do is shouting, "Long live the Empire" in the middle of a PvP group.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Mon May 01, 2006 10:06 pm

To me, RID was always just where it needed to be when it came to RP. I mean, I'm no hardcore RPer and I honestly can't stand the hardcore RPers either. On the other hand, it's nice to see people at least act out being Rebel, Imperial, or in the middle. Some people treat it just as a game and that sometimes takes away from the fun. RID always offered a nice alternative to both sides.

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Mon May 01, 2006 10:39 pm

I love how you generally either have to be classified as RP, or non-RP, you can't be either for some odd reason.

Szul

Post by Szul » Tue May 02, 2006 12:35 am

Well most people are in the middle. Its either the RP rejects, or the PVP rejects, that are most vocal about it. I haven't figured out why, just the way it is in any game I've ever played. I guess everyone needs something to hate. heh

bizob

Post by bizob » Tue May 02, 2006 4:49 pm

I always loved the fact that RID was niether an RP guild nor a PvP guild. I do like to do alittle RPing sometimes but I also like to PvP and do PvE events too. We offer a nice balance, which is probably one of the big reasons we've lasted so long.

Back on topic.

This event sounds like a good one. The events we had way-back-when with MEK were always good fun and of course anytime Vader shows up it's a good event.