Battle for the Imperial Oasis results

Read and post about events occuring in RID

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor
Battle for the Imperial Oasis results

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:37 am

Before I start, we did indeed fail when it comes to holding the Rebel prisoners captive (The Rebels did in fact free them); however, I wouldn't view this as a complete failure either from a certain standpoint.

At 7:30 PM EST Imperials assembled in the Imperial Oasis like they were supposed to, and the Rebel prisoners were placed under the shuttle there. Many RID's were convined they were going to lose, but they were suprised to see a large group of both RID and non-RID Imperials (I'd also like to mention that RID did a good job showing up this event. I was afraid it was going to be like a small group of 3, but we fielded a good ammount of 2 groups worth of RID's, at least untill after the beginning of the battle).

We were expected there to be an army of 50 CL90 HK-Battle Droids to be placed to defend us, but unfortunately due to lag that couldn't be done. Instead 6 Super Battle droids were placed, which were soon destroyed by the incompetent -D-S- guild :x

Nonetheless, things were orderly around 8 PM EST (before then was practically chaos). Issele contacted Pex (the SoE Event Coordinator), and Pex logged on as IG-88 for the battle. So IG-88 was patrolling around untill around 8:30, Rebels started to show up.

I had the Imperials line up in trenches along the south and NW. I was almost convinced that the Rebels would come in from the NW, but they came in from the south, directly. We nuked 'em, bombed 'em, and fought hard. We did an excellent job holding the location. Eventually the Rebels were defeated completely, and were forced to regroup in the Jawa Traders for another fight. Also, we recieved a special event badge from Pex, something like (Event: Brave Soldier).

By the time the Rebels were regrouping, our numbers dropped slightly. It was still a large enough force to put up a fight. Anyways we saw Rebels to the SE, and we engaged them. The Imperials acted as if they were doing an offensive, and strayed too far away from the Imperial Oasis. This dispersed all the Imperials. Finnally, I told all the Imperials to fall back into the outpost. The Rebels began pushing us back as they seemed to have far more numbers this time. We fought, but we were eventually surrounded completely in the tiny outpost. It was then all of us were killed. The Rebels then freed the prisoners.

By then, almost all Imperials left. There were only 15 or so Imperials remaning. We decided to do one final fight to the death, this time attacking the Jawa Traders Fortress. The Rebels probably had 10 times the numbers we had, but we lined up on a cliff, and we shouted CHAAAAARGE. We mowed down some 5 or so Rebels, before dying.

I need to go now, so that's how it went :P

CerexHendrix

Post by CerexHendrix » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:40 am

nice, very nice.

Issele
Captain

Post by Issele » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:49 pm

DS killed the Droids before the Rebels even arrived. :( Why did they do that? Who leads that Imperial PA? I truly want to talk to them.

TRGA arrested Issele and she is in a Rebel Prison :? Xaneth asked me ooc if they could and I said ok... never role-played a priosoner before so thought it would be fun. IC wise no one knows yet but the rebels... not sure what we could do with this...maybe lead it into our next event as long as Issele isn't the main focus cos I hate the spotlight... any ideas on how we can pull an event from this?

Ty'e X'lor

Post by Ty'e X'lor » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:06 pm

Maybe have an Imperial Special Operations group come rescue you (I would love to see an Imperial Black-Op operation). And remember if the rescue fails or you can't take it any more.... theres always that pill I placed inside your boots.

Waucod Meesman
Village Idiot

Post by Waucod Meesman » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:22 pm

Get all of the most elite imperials to raid a base and get a bunch of POW's free from the rebel prison. Oh and all of the imps would need to look special opsy. Oh and were the droids the suprise.

Leviathen
Colonel

Post by Leviathen » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:08 pm

I am so sad that I missed that
/grumbles under his breath

I hope another event is planned soon!

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife, doomed is your soul and damned is your life

Santos
Colonel

Post by Santos » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:56 pm

Issele wrote:DS killed the Droids before the Rebels even arrived. :( Why did they do that? Who leads that Imperial PA? I truly want to talk to them.

TRGA arrested Issele and she is in a Rebel Prison :? Xaneth asked me ooc if they could and I said ok... never role-played a priosoner before so thought it would be fun. IC wise no one knows yet but the rebels... not sure what we could do with this...maybe lead it into our next event as long as Issele isn't the main focus cos I hate the spotlight... any ideas on how we can pull an event from this?

But doesnt it suck being stuck in one place all the time? And try owning the guards in a duel or send them a mail saying you stole the keys and broke away, then get an ID so they cant recognize you!