RID vs. DM guild war; war games

Read and post about events occuring in RID

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor
RID vs. DM guild war; war games

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:29 pm

(As copied from DM's forums)

After talking with Kurke from DM, we have come to an agreement to hold a friendly guild war between our two guilds. Here are the details:

-The war will start at 7:00PM EST on Saturday, Januray 8th
-The war will end at 7:00PM EST on Sunday, January 9th
-All combat will take place at either Mos Espa, Fort Oasis, Imperial Oasis, or the surrounding areas on Tatooine. NO COMBAT WILL TAKE PLACE OUTSIDE THOSE AREAS
-The following structures in Fort oasis will be safe zones from combat: Cantina, Clone Center, Med Center, RID Mall, Fort Oasis City Hall, RID Guild Hall, Mos Espa Starport, and any private houses.
-Anyone caught engaging in combat in any of these safe zones will be dealt with harshly.
-Any crafters or support personnel not wishing to partake in combat should either be in a safe zone or far away from the designated combat zones
-Armor is allowed
-Buffs are undecided on

For those of you who have not participated in guild wars before, this is what will happen. At 7:00PM EST on Saturday, I will declare war with the DM guild from our guild terminal and Fingolfin or Kurke from DM will declare war on RID through their guild terminal. During the war, all DM's will show up as red dots on RID's radar and vice versa for DM. At 7:00PM EST RID and DM will officially be at war. During this time anyone in either guild may openly attack anyone in the other guild. Anyone in the combat zones that is not in a safe zone is fair game. If you wish to not be part of the combat, please report to the designated safes zones or move away from the combat zones. Anyone fighting outside the combat zones will be dealt with harshly. At 7:00PM EST Sunday, the war will end and everything goes back to normal (RID and DM as friendly allies again).

Those are the rules. If you have any objections, suggestions, or comments, plse post them here.

This guild war is meant to test eachothers skills for Rebel attacks. DM is our friends, so dont be reckless as you would with Rebels. Offencive language to DM will not be accepted. Think of this as a duel, but involving more people for a longer period of time.

bizob

Post by bizob » Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:53 pm

im not the most experienced PvP player in the galaxy but heres a few tips i've picked up from people.
PvP is pretty much all about mind damage. entertainer buffs, vasarian brandy and canape are a must. use specials that do mind damage.
most people use comp armor which is good but usually doesn't protect against stun damage. get a set of good comp armor with stun protection if u can and use weapons that do stun damage if possible.
DOT (damage of time) weapons and specials are good too, but only if they have a quick effect - PvP fights dont last long.
Work as a team. stay close to each other. communication is important so pay attention to your leader. try attacking a single target all together, take him out then move on to the next victim. attacking all together should take down the target quickly. (this is just an untested theory of mine but this is a great time to test it, eh?)
these are just a few basic ideas off the top of my head. if u have any PvP tips please post them.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:13 pm

I was listening to Fing and Biz chat last night and from the way they were talking, buffs would be a good thing. So Lexx, you up for buffs?

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:38 pm

I was thinking buffs were a good idea. I'm up for it!

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:18 pm

In a true war the rebels won't be nice and not get buffs for us. If we practice pvp like we really want to do pvp, we will be much more prepared. Also, this gives our supporters a role to play. :wink:

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:45 pm

Just as a reminder, this is starting in two days.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:06 am

Alrighty, war is gonna be activated today.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:19 am

hehe my kill count is up to around 12

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:59 pm

hehe, loggin' on right now. I didn't get to see any action yet :P

Idfig

Post by Idfig » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:30 am

sorry i could not attend i was swampt with rl events and was unable to get on line for any more then 5 minutes.

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:14 am

Lexx, did you even log on for more than 5 minutes???? I was on for most of the weekend and the only sign I have of you being on is the mail you sent me. :P

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:41 pm

Lol, sorry, I had a lot of home work to do. I actually was on for 5 minutes, but no fighting took place :cry:

Kurke_Aumea
Colonel

Post by Kurke_Aumea » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:42 pm

Well, interested in having another one this coming weekend???? Same rules, maybe extend the combat zones to other planets???

Idfig

Post by Idfig » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:21 am

If we do that then we should be sure not to have fighting in cnet and minning outpost so we can get buffs.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:02 pm

I wouldn't mind. Hopefully I would be able to do some fighting this time, and enforce the rules :P