SR Base Bust tonight?

Read and post about events occuring in RID

Moderator:Lexx Yovel

Arev
Colonel
SR Base Bust tonight?

Post by Arev » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:28 pm

Hey, this is just to confirm whether the SR Base Bust is tonight or not. If so, who's up for running instances afterwards?

Oh, and I'll be showing up SF. Anyone else?

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:48 pm

I believe that this week, SR's BB will be tomorrow (the 7th).

Though I'll have to log in to make sure.

Jonem
Master Sergeant

Re: SR Base Bust tonight?

Post by Jonem » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:23 pm

Arev wrote:Oh, and I'll be showing up SF. Anyone else?

Thats almost worth 15 dollars

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:28 pm

Jonem wrote:

Only 15? I used to show up SF, but then I stopped when the Rebs stopped showing up. I usually run around most cities SF, but sadly all the 'hardcore PvPers' only PvP when they're fully buffed with 4+ rows.

Sad times we live in.

Jonem
Master Sergeant

Post by Jonem » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:53 pm

Arev wrote:
Jonem wrote:

Only 15? I used to show up SF, but then I stopped when the Rebs stopped showing up. I usually run around most cities SF, but sadly all the 'hardcore PvPers' only PvP when they're fully buffed with 4+ rows.

Sad times we live in.

Yea sorry i dont play any more.

But hey ill give you a deal, pay my 15 dollar subscription and ill come smack you around.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:29 am

Arev, perhaps we can at least work on that Vreni Island PvP event. Would like to get that going shortly after the free transfer possibly... or maybe shortly before.

Monthigos
Warrant Officer II

Post by Monthigos » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:40 pm

Arev wrote:I usually run around most cities SF, but sadly all the 'hardcore PvPers' only PvP when they're fully buffed with 4+ rows.

Its takes too long to get buffed, hence no PvP for me. Restuss Zergs are the only fair chance I have.

Arev
Colonel

Post by Arev » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:13 am

LexxYovel wrote:Arev, perhaps we can at least work on that Vreni Island PvP event. Would like to get that going shortly after the free transfer possibly... or maybe shortly before.

Sure, if you don't see me online in the next couple days, hit me up on here when you'd like to meet.

Monthigos wrote:
Arev wrote:I usually run around most cities SF, but sadly all the 'hardcore PvPers' only PvP when they're fully buffed with 4+ rows.

Its takes too long to get buffed, hence no PvP for me. Restuss Zergs are the only fair chance I have.

:? Excluding the Inspiration (which only takes a few minutes, you won't need a full 5-6 hour one), it takes about two minutes to get Medic buffs from SirSteve's buff bots, or another couple minutes to run to the Restuss buff houses.

Also, I was SF tonight at the SR BB. Unfortunately, I saw one Rebel...who was not SF. *sigh* I believe General Grevious was a Rebel, because according to Master Windu, he's a coward.

On an unrelated note, I noticed that SR put a Diner next to their Buff house, who do we hit up to see if we can have access to it?

Bovive
Colonel

Post by Bovive » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:34 am

Very nice of these guys to keep the BB going. I tipped 2m myself tonight, please if you can give them something; I know they have not gotten many tips and have talked of stopping their weekly BB :(

Monthigos
Warrant Officer II

Post by Monthigos » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:53 am

Arev wrote: :? Excluding the Inspiration (which only takes a few minutes, you won't need a full 5-6 hour one), it takes about two minutes to get Medic buffs from SirSteve's buff bots, or another couple minutes to run to the Restuss buff houses.

Which is too long for me. Why spend 10 minutes between fights, plus the time running around, when I can just pop in COD4 or something similar if I want a PvP experience?

Jonem
Master Sergeant

Post by Jonem » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:27 am

Bovive wrote:Very nice of these guys to keep the BB going. I tipped 2m myself tonight, please if you can give them something; I know they have not gotten many tips and have talked of stopping their weekly BB :(

Which they should, BBs are stupid. You do NOTHING and get an good amount of GCW for it.

Lexx Yovel
RID Leader/Mayor

Post by Lexx Yovel » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:27 am

I'll see if we can get access to the Diner. Also, yeah, tips would be much appreciated by them, since BB's are by no means cheap, especially since they do two sets.

The price of an SR BB on Wednesday nights can run as high as 18 million credits, no lower than 9 million credits. Of course, like I said earlier, if all you have is 1 mil in your bank account, I wouldn't expect of you to offer such donations, but always helps to show support.

There was once a time when base busts actually used to be profitable. This was when it seemed SHC and IMPHL got into the act. Their base busts were huge, back when there weren't as many alternatives to get GCW points. I was told by some people that it was actually more of a money-making scheme back then, since they got more in donations than for the cost of the BB's themselves.

Today it seems to be mostly out of goodwill. RID may get back in the act, since we have more Rebel contacts than before to obtain/place bases, but it can still take some time to form.

Bovive
Colonel

Post by Bovive » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:41 am

Get access to the Diner??? I must had missed something lol. I don't know if it is worth anything, but I have friends that are Rebel Officers and willing to buy bases at cost for me. I would completely pay for RIDs bases if we started again. I also would not mind helping out SR with theirs.

Jonem
Master Sergeant

Post by Jonem » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:03 pm

BBs make RID unappealing to me :(

Monthigos
Warrant Officer II

Post by Monthigos » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:06 pm

I don't see what the big deal is. I would never rank up if it wasn't for base busts. If you don't agree with the practice, don't attend. If it was such a big problem SOE would have put a stop to it a long time ago. They probably don't mind because its a great money sink to fight SWG's every increasing inflation.

p.s. - this is not a flame.